CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DANG!!!!

+4
mokacoffey
creolebeauty1
Madeaj
misskris
8 posters

Go down

DANG!!!! Empty DANG!!!!

Post by misskris 16th December 2010, 12:18 am

(**I thought I posted this already but i must not have pressed 'send' LOL**)
that stuff is NOT cheap is it? I knew that stuff im the Asian bss was crap!!!! LOL the real stuff is expensive as heck!! Found some on amazon though but I am gonna check out this store here first to see how much they charge. Amazon is probably the best bet. Surprised that vitacost didn't have it.
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

DANG!!!! Empty Re: DANG!!!!

Post by Madeaj 16th December 2010, 1:02 am

Hey Miss Kris

I have found it at a few reliable sources. I haven't bought Argan oil yet, though. What are some of the hair benefits?
Majestic Mountain Sage - Argan Oil
New Directions - Argan Oil
Madeaj
Madeaj

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 16th December 2010, 2:19 am

told ya lol Argan oil is expensive i'm a have to wait until i try this because i have enough oil for a few months
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by mokacoffey 16th December 2010, 10:16 am

I found pretty good deals on Argan oil on eBay. Then I found I like other oils better, so I gave the bottles to my bff. She loves it now. I do wanna try the Vatika oil everyone is raving about.

mokacoffey

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 16th December 2010, 10:30 am

@ Creole, Yeah, I'ma have to probably wait on that too.
@ Moka, I love eBay but i am kinda skeptical about buying stuff like that on eBay. But thanks though.
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 16th December 2010, 12:32 pm

misskris (15th December 2010, 10.18 pm) wrote:(**I thought I posted this already but i must not have pressed 'send' LOL**)
that stuff is NOT cheap is it? I knew that stuff im the Asian bss was crap!!!! LOL the real stuff is expensive as heck!! Found some on amazon though but I am gonna check out this store here first to see how much they charge. Amazon is probably the best bet. Surprised that vitacost didn't have it.
Check out camdengrey.com.

Nice avatar!

Madeaj (15th December 2010, 11.02 pm) wrote:Hey Miss Kris

I have found it at a few reliable sources. I haven't bought Argan oil yet, though. What are some of the hair benefits?
Majestic Mountain Sage - Argan Oil
New Directions - Argan Oil
As noted on camdengrey.com
"Sold by weight. This is pure, unadulterated Argan oil, a clear yellow liquid, which is rich in vit. E, antioxidants and carotenes, bottled in a plastic bottle or jug depending on the size ordered. This oil is used in making soaps, lotions and other body and hair products, as well as for massage and skin care. Some major manufacturers use Argan oil for their anti-aging products because it is rich in skin-replenishing components, including flavanoids, oleic acid, linoleic acid and fatty acids. This is not a "new" oil, it's been available for a very long time but it's only now making its way to our part of the world.

The Argan tree grows solely in the southwestern part of Morocco. The oil is obtained from the nut which looks like a cross between a walnut and an almond. It�s a labor-intensive process performed only by native women.

Apply directly to skin after bathing while skin is still moist, this is a wonderful and simple dry or mature skin treatment. Apply as a hair or scalp treatment. Soak nails in this oil to prevent nail or cuticle dryness. Argan oil is recommended for oily skin, eczema and psoriasis; however, use with care if you're prone to large pores or acne as these may be exacerbated. Because it's so high in vit. E and phytosterols, this oil is also recommended for scars. Argan oil is commonly called "liquid gold" in Europe. Our Argan oil is refined to remove impurities and odors."
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by letha 16th December 2010, 12:51 pm

I think some ladies take it and mix it in their conditioners.. I know Sallys has it also but its not like what is described above in the camden grey website.. Sallys even have some Argan Oil Products Conditioners and oil and proclaim has the argan oil..

Called One N Only Argan Oil and Proclaim Argan Oil

One N only Argan Oil
Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Fragrance (Parfum), Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Yellow 11 (CI 47000), Red 17 (CI 26100)

Proclaim Argan Oil
DIMETHICONE ,DIMETHICONOL ,CYCLOPENTASILOXANE ,FRAGRANCE ,ARGANIA SPINOSA KERNEL OIL ,OLEA EUROPAEA (OLIVE) FRUIT OIL ,LINUM USITATISSIMUM (LINSEED) SEED OIL ,C12-15 ALKYL BENZOATE ,YELLOW 11 ,RED 17

I guess that is the Argan Oil or some form of it
letha
letha

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeaj 16th December 2010, 1:23 pm

I'm going to try Camden Gray, I've been eyeing their products. They look good.

@Letha
Those products at Sally's have the argan oil after the fragrance. Most of the product recipes I see recommend fragrance at about 1% of the final weight of the product. That means there is up to 1% argan oil in the product.

I do use cones though, but I don't think those would provide much benefit from the argan oil.
Madeaj
Madeaj

Back to top Go down

Post by tressedforsuccess 16th December 2010, 1:57 pm

If anyone is looking for a good conditioner with Argan oil, there is Argan oil in the Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque, but I'm not sure how much.
tressedforsuccess
tressedforsuccess

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 16th December 2010, 2:13 pm

letha wrote:

One N only Argan Oil
Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Fragrance (Parfum), Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Yellow 11 (CI 47000), Red 17 (CI 26100)

Proclaim Argan Oil
DIMETHICONE ,DIMETHICONOL ,CYCLOPENTASILOXANE ,FRAGRANCE ,ARGANIA SPINOSA KERNEL OIL ,OLEA EUROPAEA (OLIVE) FRUIT OIL ,LINUM USITATISSIMUM (LINSEED) SEED OIL ,C12-15 ALKYL BENZOATE ,YELLOW 11 ,RED 17

I guess that is the Argan Oil or some form of it

Yeah, see that's the stuff I DON'T want. i just want pure, straight up argan oil. I stuff I want is only the oil, no additives. That's why it's so expensive. The stuff in the BSS is mixed with all that other stuff and that's why it's cheap, for the most part. I would like to try that MoroccanOil but that's stuff is WAY expensive.
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by letha 16th December 2010, 2:30 pm

Madeaj wrote:I'm going to try Camden Gray, I've been eyeing their products. They look good.

@Letha
Those products at Sally's have the argan oil after the fragrance. Most of the product recipes I see recommend fragrance at about 1% of the final weight of the product. That means there is up to 1% argan oil in the product.

I do use cones though, but I don't think those would provide much benefit from the argan oil.

Yea I figured it couldn't be much to it and it's way down the list.. I always have a shopping cart full of products from camden grey and haven't ordered from them yet. . Hopefully soon I will get something..
letha
letha

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeaj 16th December 2010, 2:38 pm

I do that too. Load my shopping cart with things I want and then I get sticker shock. My PJ is a hard thing to overcome, but sticker shock and being cheap as h-e-double hockey sticks helps lol!

I let my friends know my favorite ingredient sites and I sometimes get a gift or two. Luckily, they know to just give me a gift card when it comes to ingredients, cooking or body products.
Madeaj
Madeaj

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16th December 2010, 3:40 pm

@misskris.....YESSS ALOT OF THINGS are "fake" in the korean, asia, chinese, arab bss; they want u to buy it and then they have a no refund policy .smh what a joke~

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 16th December 2010, 4:08 pm

Yeah, i typically don;t buy stuff from there, except if I've used it before and know I like it. But usually I just buy hair balls for my girls hair or rollers, combs or stuff like that. I think I'll stick to the all natural stuff or at least the stuff from Target/Walmart.
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Smooth Jazz Luvr 16th December 2010, 9:36 pm

@misskris - Giirrlll you funny - you make me smile! We were talking about this in another post (when I mentioned I couldn't see the ingredients due to the store label on top).

I've been using the oil from Sally's -- mixing it with shea butter, and so far, it's been doing good on my hair.

When any of you do try the Camden argan oil, drop a comment please. I want to make sure I'm using the most beneficial oil. Thanks to this website and the honest (it is what is it) feedback. That helps sooooo much guys!

Smooth Jazz Luvr

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 16th December 2010, 9:49 pm

LOL @ Smooth Jazz. Glad I can make you smile!! Very Happy As for the labels, that's funny. You know they do that ish on purpose!!! LOL
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down