CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What should i be looking for??

4 posters

Go down

What should i be looking for?? Empty What should i be looking for??

Post by summerbreeze76 12th December 2010, 10:08 pm

I just deep conditioned with DB Deep Treament Mask and I am not quite sure what i should be seeing to say that this is a wonderful conditioner. I want so badly to love it, but my hair kinda looks the same.

I must say that it went on super smooth, like silk. I just rinse it out and i have a wet looking fro. My hair has looked better with the Shea Moisture deep conditioner from target.

So ladies am i missing something?
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

What should i be looking for?? Empty Re: What should i be looking for??

Post by FalconTress 12th December 2010, 11:01 pm

Hello summerbreeze76,

I haven't used it before but I'll take a guess.

Maybe the Bentonite Clay had a drying effect on your hair.

Here's the link to Nikki's interview with Anita Grant in which they discuss Bentonite Clay:

http://www.curlynikki.com/2009/01/anita-grant-on-use-of-bentonite-clay.html

Here's an excerpt.

As you can see both Rhassoul and Bentonite Clay are very beneficial for our hair but on their own they made my hair dry out somewhat - hence the reason why I made my Rhassoul Deep Condishes.
I don't use Bentonite Clay on it's own either because it did work for me but after a while my ends started to dry out.
However, others have found success using the clays on their own.
You'll need to decide for yourself whether using clays would be beneficial to your hair.
Hope this helps.

CN:
Thanks for your speedy response! I have 2 more questions:

1. Could I add an oil to my Bentonite clay mix?
2. Were you using water or acv? I only use water because acv dries me out over time.

AG:
1. Depends on what the oil is. Perhaps you should try Bentonite on it's own on a small section of your hair before you mix with oil. However, if you are going to mix it with oil make it a light oil like VCO or Camellia Kissi or Sesame oil.

Also, I know it is near the bottom of the ingredient list, but could it be that the protein in it is not a match for your hair.

Darcy's DC
WHAT'S IN IT?
Distilled Water, Lavender Water, Vegetable Glycerin, BTMS ( a mild emulsifying conditioner), Manketti Oil, Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Marula Oil, Cocoa Butter, & Shea Butter, Panthenol, Yarrow, Sage, Nettle & Lavender Extracts, Bentonite Clay, Organic Kelp, Hydrolyzed Oats, Guar Gum, Ylang Ylang, Sweet Orange, Vanilla, & Patchouli Essential Oils and a paraben-free preservative.

Just a couple of ideas. At first glance, the ingredient list looks like a winner to me, but you never know until you try a product.

HTH

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 12th December 2010, 11:39 pm

@summerbreeze - I also have the DB deep conditioner but I have not used it yet. For me a great deep conditioner makes my hair feel soft and moisturized. It makes it feel as if I don't have to use a leave-in conditioner on my hair and I have absolutely no problem combing my hair.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 12th December 2010, 11:58 pm

I agree with Krazy - it's the softness. My ends feel really good and my hair has nice bounce or spring when I pull it. It bounces back to my head. What's that elasticity. I can't stop touching it. Also I notice after I style, I have good moisture retention for days after.

With the DB DC my hair felt like silk.
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 13th December 2010, 1:32 am

FalconTress wrote:
Hello summerbreeze76,

I haven't used it before but I'll take a guess.

Maybe the Bentonite Clay had a drying effect on your hair.

Here's the link to Nikki's interview with Anita Grant in which they discuss Bentonite Clay:

http://www.curlynikki.com/2009/01/anita-grant-on-use-of-bentonite-clay.html

Here's an excerpt.

As you can see both Rhassoul and Bentonite Clay are very beneficial for our hair but on their own they made my hair dry out somewhat - hence the reason why I made my Rhassoul Deep Condishes.
I don't use Bentonite Clay on it's own either because it did work for me but after a while my ends started to dry out.
However, others have found success using the clays on their own.
You'll need to decide for yourself whether using clays would be beneficial to your hair.
Hope this helps.

CN:
Thanks for your speedy response! I have 2 more questions:

1. Could I add an oil to my Bentonite clay mix?
2. Were you using water or acv? I only use water because acv dries me out over time.

AG:
1. Depends on what the oil is. Perhaps you should try Bentonite on it's own on a small section of your hair before you mix with oil. However, if you are going to mix it with oil make it a light oil like VCO or Camellia Kissi or Sesame oil.

Also, I know it is near the bottom of the ingredient list, but could it be that the protein in it is not a match for your hair.

Darcy's DC
WHAT'S IN IT?
Distilled Water, Lavender Water, Vegetable Glycerin, BTMS ( a mild emulsifying conditioner), Manketti Oil, Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Marula Oil, Cocoa Butter, & Shea Butter, Panthenol, Yarrow, Sage, Nettle & Lavender Extracts, Bentonite Clay, Organic Kelp, Hydrolyzed Oats, Guar Gum, Ylang Ylang, Sweet Orange, Vanilla, & Patchouli Essential Oils and a paraben-free preservative.

Just a couple of ideas. At first glance, the ingredient list looks like a winner to me, but you never know until you try a product.

HTH

krazy coils wrote:@summerbreeze - I also have the DB deep conditioner but I have not used it yet. For me a great deep conditioner makes my hair feel soft and moisturized. It makes it feel as if I don't have to use a leave-in conditioner on my hair and I have absolutely no problem combing my hair.

Renny wrote:I agree with Krazy - it's the softness. My ends feel really good and my hair has nice bounce or spring when I pull it. It bounces back to my head. What's that elasticity. I can't stop touching it. Also I notice after I style, I have good moisture retention for days after.

With the DB DC my hair felt like silk.

Thank you Ladies for your responses. I just finished twisting my hair. I used DB Madagascar Vanilla Cream and sealed with Oyin BSP. I also applied DB Leavin to may hair. Now I am going to have to give this conditioner another couple of goes i guess. I am so disappointed that i dont love it right off the bat. Usually as i twist my hair, sections of it dries and I have to spritz them. Well i could barely get the comb through my hair and I had detangled before even applying the DC. My hair was like snap crackling and popping. I wanna say it does this whenever i twist, but I know that it does not, even when it dries as I go.

Oh Im disappointed, but hoping this was just a fluck

On a different note I think I like the leave in and the Madagascar cream. It has a decent hold and i did not apply any gel, which i usually do. I'll use it exclusively for next next few sets of twists. I also have to say I am loving the Oyin Burnt Sugar Pomade. I dont really love the smell, but I guess since i only applied it to my ends I can barely smell it. I need to learn that I am more of a fan of fruity smelling products and the sweet ones are just too much. Its kinda like the Vatika Frosting by Hairveda, the smell is just toooooo much. My little girl loves it though...

I digress, LOL

This product review to be continued. My hair does look good tho...
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum