CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ph balance

3 posters

Go down

Ph balance  Empty Ph balance

Post by creolebeauty1 9th December 2010, 7:28 pm

A few months ago i've watched a few videos on youtube about Ph balance , than i also did my research this really peeked my curiosity and i was wondering how many of you test the Ph in your products ? if so what did you come up with i'm planning on purchasing some Ph strips so i can test my giovanni conditioners , my whipped shea butters and my water , from what i understand our products should be neutral witch is a ph balance of 7
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Ph balance  Empty Re: Ph balance

Post by LittleOne 9th December 2010, 7:43 pm

I got all excited about pH balance for a while. But, now I realize it's not as big of a deal as I thought. It's hard to find literature on the subject, but I did read info saying that our hair has a higher pH than others....between 6 and 7, like you said. But, I also found that subjecting the hair to a slightly lower pH, say around 5, can help smooth the cuticle layer. I read that here....

http://www.pgbeautygroomingscience.com/perming-hair.html

So, really the desired pH range is around 4.5 to 7. If you're curious to see which brands fall in that range, check out the shampoos and conditioners in the Hair Liberty Boutique Smile
LittleOne
LittleOne

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 9th December 2010, 8:19 pm

thank you i found so much info about it the products i have seem to work i'm planning on getting the strip and testing them but it may not be that serious after all who knows lol
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by deeply_rooted_chick 9th December 2010, 10:06 pm

I have huge scalp issues and I'm thinking it's ph I am going to buy ph balance shampoo and conditioner as soon as I can.
deeply_rooted_chick
deeply_rooted_chick

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 9th December 2010, 10:09 pm

you should first get the strip and test what you already use than you can ph test the new stuff you want to buy lol , im imagining myself in the store ph testing everything i come across lol they might kick me out
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum