CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When is it time to let go of the all too familiar puff?

+8
Madeaj
happy2bcurly
Ambitious_Tiff
blkbeauty2010
misskris
djohnson_143
creolebeauty1
mizcreativelyme
12 posters

Go down

When is it time to let go of the all too familiar puff? Empty When is it time to let go of the all too familiar puff?

Post by mizcreativelyme 9th December 2010, 4:52 pm

Hey curlies. Alright, so the other day I was trying to style my hair in what I thought would be the easy breezy go-to "puff" when all else fails style. OMGeepers, my hair would NAUT cooperate. So I thought to myself, has it gotten too thick/full, too long, or what? I had a headache shortly after trying to secure it in the appropriate position with a satin tie. If I had tied it any looser, it would appear to be a flying saucer instead of a cutesy-curly puff... Laughing

Length when stretched is approaching APL, fine/medium texture, normal density (appears mega-thick when dry), curl pattern 4a/b, 75% shrinkage when wet. Any suggestions, thoughts?
mizcreativelyme
mizcreativelyme

Back to top Go down

When is it time to let go of the all too familiar puff? Empty Re: When is it time to let go of the all too familiar puff?

Post by creolebeauty1 9th December 2010, 4:57 pm

Can you please post a pic Smile Wink
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

When is it time to let go of the all too familiar puff? Empty Re: When is it time to let go of the all too familiar puff?

Post by mizcreativelyme 9th December 2010, 5:05 pm

I guess that would help a bit but I'm sorry, I didn't take a pic of the outcome.
mizcreativelyme
mizcreativelyme

Back to top Go down

Post by djohnson_143 9th December 2010, 5:09 pm

I don't personally have the same length as you, but I have seen others are able to do a puff w/ APL hair. But having too thick/long hair for a puff is a good problem.
Laughing

djohnson_143

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 9th December 2010, 5:16 pm

Hi mizcreativelyme!! Girl, there is no said time to stop rockin that style. My hair is past my collar bon and I still rock a puff. It hangs lower now but hey, it's still cute!!! But yeah, try not to do anything too tight around your head like that though. I am all too familiar with those headaches. Maybe you can use some castor oil or gel to lay the hair down more in the front and just wear a regular headband, not too tight. afro
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by blkbeauty2010 9th December 2010, 6:40 pm

i think there comes a time when we have to let go of it along with the other styles where bands are needed. my hair has grown long and thick since my bc. i used to do puffs or wng's and throw and elastic band on but now i need to use multiple bands and then i get a headache shortly after securing.
blkbeauty2010
blkbeauty2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 9th December 2010, 7:08 pm

What's a puff...?
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by happy2bcurly 9th December 2010, 8:19 pm

I am soooo jealous. I'm still wearing a puff after almost two years,cause thats all my hair will do. I have thin hair in the top and I can't get it to do anything else so I always end up with a puff. But I ain't mad at you.
happy2bcurly
happy2bcurly

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeaj 9th December 2010, 10:01 pm

My stretched hair is just below BSL and its fine strands. With shrinkage I can still wear a puff but only if I wet the hair first. I don't wear puffs in the winter. Of course the band only goes around the hair once. I have resigned myself to not getting a smooth wavy look to my hair below the puff. I can't double the band if I want a puff. Very Happy afro
Madeaj
Madeaj

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 9th December 2010, 11:04 pm

I was thinking about this the other day. Now the only time I can get a decent looking puff is when I do a wash-and-go...no twisting or braiding before hand because it stretches my hair too much. When it was shorter it was much easier.
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 9th December 2010, 11:15 pm

Ambitious_Tiff wrote:What's a puff...?

This is a puff.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlaAR 10th December 2010, 6:10 am

My hair is APL and I still rock a puff sometimes. I just have to use different ways to keep it together.
CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Post by JessiWantsCurls 10th December 2010, 8:14 am

Lynnieluve wrote:

This is a puff.

OMG, Lynnie! Your puff is gorgeous!
JessiWantsCurls
JessiWantsCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 10th December 2010, 9:41 am

JessiWantsCurls wrote:
Lynnieluve wrote:

This is a puff.

OMG, Lynnie! Your puff is gorgeous!

Thanks! Laughing
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 10th December 2010, 2:22 pm

@ Lynnieluv
My word... Its beautiful! I can't wait til I figure out how to do that! You should be like a puff model...
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by blkbeauty2010 11th December 2010, 12:31 am

Lynnieluve wrote:

This is a puff.

what did you use to secure your puff in the photo?
blkbeauty2010
blkbeauty2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down