CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Afroveda Pur Whipped Gelly Knock-off

2 posters

Go down

Afroveda Pur Whipped Gelly Knock-off Empty Afroveda Pur Whipped Gelly Knock-off

Post by J.S.M. 2nd December 2010, 4:29 pm

I recently made a soft-hold styler that defines my coils pretty well. It also seems to be similar to the Afroveda Pur Whipped Gelly. Here's the recipe:

- 2 tablespoons aloe vera gel (I prefer something more natural, like the Lily of the Desert Aloe Vera Gelly, not the Fruit of the Earth)

- 1 tablespoon extra virgin coconut oil

- 1/2 tablespoon (Jamaican black) castor oil

Just whip it with a hand-mixer until the mix is white and creamy, and there you go, an Afroveda Pur Whipped Gelly knock-off.

J.S.M.

Back to top Go down

Afroveda Pur Whipped Gelly Knock-off Empty Re: Afroveda Pur Whipped Gelly Knock-off

Post by jlowman1 2nd December 2010, 6:40 pm

Sounds like a great recipe, I've got to give this a try. About how many uses did you get out of this recipe?
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Afroveda Pur Whipped Gelly Knock-off Empty Re: Afroveda Pur Whipped Gelly Knock-off

Post by J.S.M. 2nd December 2010, 7:34 pm

jlowman1 wrote:Sounds like a great recipe, I've got to give this a try. About how many uses did you get out of this recipe?

Well, my hair's fine and pretty short right now, so this lasted me a quite a few months because I didn't need much on a day to day basis, but it might not last as long on longer or thicker hair. If that's the case, you can just adjust the amounts to your liking, just like you would do with any whipped butter recipe. Smile

J.S.M.

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 2nd December 2010, 7:47 pm

J.S.M. wrote:
jlowman1 wrote:Sounds like a great recipe, I've got to give this a try. About how many uses did you get out of this recipe?

Well, my hair's fine and pretty short right now, so this lasted me a quite a few months because I didn't need much on a day to day basis, but it might not last as long on longer or thicker hair. If that's the case, you can just adjust the amounts to your liking, just like you would do with any whipped butter recipe. Smile

Great, my hair is fine as well so it should last me a while too. I want to try and use it over a butter on my twists for better hold and definition.
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down