CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Giovanni products... which are better than the others?

+16
FalconTress
curlytee
candycane1224
denise78
CurliGoddess
mizcreativelyme
laleepop14
pie
LadyMika
dajewel
naturallynola
Naturally Esq
Sebastain13
Lynnieluve
cluelesscurl
Color_Me_Coily
20 posters

Go down

Giovanni products... which are better than the others? Empty Giovanni products... which are better than the others?

Post by Color_Me_Coily 30th November 2010, 11:51 pm

So I’ve heard alot of good reviews I’m getting ready to order some Giovanni products for the first time [wooo hooo]

If you HAVE ever tried products from this line...I would like to know which Shampoo & conditioner worked the best for you and why?

Thank you Smile
Color_Me_Coily
Color_Me_Coily

Back to top Go down

Giovanni products... which are better than the others? Empty Re: Giovanni products... which are better than the others?

Post by cluelesscurl 1st December 2010, 12:00 am

I've tried the triple tea tree and had some ok results. I love the smell and when it goes on my hair you can feel the tingle. I guess that's how you know it's working. Haven't used it in a while but I think I will re-visit it again. Are they running a sale on them??? If so let a sista know so I can try the one's I haven't tried yet. Look what you done started. I 'm a recovering PJ. LOL

cluelesscurl

Back to top Go down

Giovanni products... which are better than the others? Empty Re: Giovanni products... which are better than the others?

Post by Lynnieluve 1st December 2010, 12:02 am

The shampoos didnt work for my hair....as soon as I put it on my hair, it instantly felt like straw and was tangled...

My favorite conditioners are the Giovanni Smooth As Silk and the Leave In

Giovanni SAS - good slip for detangling, good for cowashing too

Giovanni Direct Leave In - works really well on my hair, especially with coconut oil
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Color_Me_Coily 1st December 2010, 12:07 am

@cluelesscurl Thanks & yes on Vitacost.com =D

&& at Lynnieluve Thanks... that was very helpful...I’m always hesitant on shampoo’s I guess I was just excited because it was sulfate free...but I will def. be ordering the conditioner tonight... ( :
Color_Me_Coily
Color_Me_Coily

Back to top Go down

Post by Sebastain13 1st December 2010, 12:11 am

I have used the products the Direct Leave In, 50;50 conditioner & shampoo and I did not like them They cleaned my hair well but left it feeling like straw so I gave them to my niece over the holiday I did keep some of the 50;50 conditioner & will mix it with some oils to use as a deep conditioner

The TJMaxx in my area has some of these products if I am not mistaken 100oz for $12.99 so check your local store to see if they have any
Sebastain13
Sebastain13

http://<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 1st December 2010, 1:03 am

Once a week, I use Giovanni Smooth As Silk (SAS) Deeper Moisture Shampoo to poo, SAS Deeper Moisture Conditioner and Reconstructor to DC, SAS Xtreme Protein Infusion or Direct Leave In (in the Kimmaytube mixture) as my leave in. My hair loves Giovanni.
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 1st December 2010, 1:16 am

Hollie- SAS made my hair feel like straw. I have been able to use Direct Leave-In for twists and braids.

Clueless Both Vitacost and Lucky Vitamin are having a nice sale on Giovanni products and many other products.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 1st December 2010, 1:42 am

the 50:50 hydrating balancing condish is great as a leave in and daily moisturizer. i have also tried to mouse, and def added volume.
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by Color_Me_Coily 1st December 2010, 2:12 am

Thank you =D
Color_Me_Coily
Color_Me_Coily

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 1st December 2010, 10:04 am

I tried the 50:50, and I didn't like it (dried my hair out). I'm a BIG fan of the Smooth As Silk conditioner though. It's creamy enough to detangle with and I also use it as a leave-in AND a DC. But if you're protein sensitive, I wouldn't use it (cotains soy proteins). Good luck. Smile
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by pie 1st December 2010, 10:30 am

I really like the leave-in conditioner. I haven't tried any of the others but thinking about the SAS because of the sale..... Smile
pie
pie

Back to top Go down

Post by laleepop14 1st December 2010, 1:09 pm

I must say that I like the line of products and what it does for my hair. I have tried them all (thanks to trial sizes at Target). I love the way SAS shampoo feels and also the codnitioner after I was done my hair felt like silk it was so soft and silky like...I use the Tea Tree shampoo when I need a good cleansing and I love the way the tingling makes my head feel. The conditioner also provides the same kidn of tingle but not as much. I haven't used the 50:50 line as much because I love the other ones. I do absolutely love love love their Direct Leave in. If I had to suggest some products it would be the SAS shampoo & cond, maybe the tea tree ones and of course their direct leave in.

I also just bought their leave in thats in a spray bottle(cant remember the name) and also the deep reconsturctor.SEE BELOW!! Cant really say just yet on the below ones..too soon to tell..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
laleepop14
laleepop14

Back to top Go down

Post by mizcreativelyme 1st December 2010, 1:25 pm

My hair likes the triple tea tree, SAS poo/condish, and the reconstructor. Ladies, don't forget to check out massage warehouse dot com to purchase Giovanni products in bulk if your local TJMAXX, Marshalls, or Ross does not carry. I have also found 8oz sizes at Wal-Mart for around 5 bucks [on roll back].

http://www.massagewarehouse.com/search/?keyword=giovanni&operator=AND&F_Sort=2
mizcreativelyme
mizcreativelyme

Back to top Go down

Post by CurliGoddess 1st December 2010, 5:55 pm

I like the Smooth as Silk conditioner and LOVES the Direct leave In!!!
CurliGoddess
CurliGoddess

Back to top Go down

Post by denise78 1st December 2010, 7:55 pm

I love the direct leave-in, but the shampoos did not work for me. My hair felt very stripped.

denise78

Back to top Go down

Post by candycane1224 2nd December 2010, 1:18 am

I LOVEEEEEE the smooth as silk conditioner and tea tree triple treat shampoo. I like the smooth as silk shampoo and tea tree triple treat conditioner. But my fave are the smooth as silk conditioner and the tea tree shampoo. LOVEEEEEE them and I love I buy the bulk sizes at marshalls and tjmaxx Very Happy
candycane1224
candycane1224

https://www.facebook.com/candygirl1224

Back to top Go down

Post by curlytee 2nd December 2010, 2:06 am

I love the Direct-Leave In now that I know how to use it. You don't need to much. A little goes a lonnnnng way.

Check out Vitacost.com they are selling 8.5oz for $4.68 I believe this beats massagewarehoue price when you add in the shipping where I use to purchase it.
curlytee
curlytee

Back to top Go down

Post by Color_Me_Coily 2nd December 2010, 4:15 pm

Thank you all soo much I think Im going to go with the direct leave in, smooth as silk conditioner,& the 50:50 hydrating balancing conditioner cheers
Color_Me_Coily
Color_Me_Coily

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 2nd December 2010, 6:42 pm

Naturally_Hollie wrote:Thank you all soo much I think Im going to go with the direct leave in, smooth as silk conditioner,& the 50:50 hydrating balancing conditioner cheers

All of the Giovanni products that I have tried have protein in them. Fortunately, my hair loves protein. I think you should try one Giovanni product at a time, because if your hair is protein sensitive, then it will feel like straw. You can get the travel/sample size at Target, Walmart and Whole Foods.
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconTress 21st December 2010, 12:31 am

Naturally Esq wrote:Once a week, I use Giovanni Smooth As Silk (SAS) Deeper Moisture Shampoo to poo, SAS Deeper Moisture Conditioner and Reconstructor to DC, SAS Xtreme Protein Infusion or Direct Leave In (in the Kimmaytube mixture) as my leave in. My hair loves Giovanni.

@Naturally Esq

Have you tried the Giovanni Wellness Conditioner? I saw it at Target today.

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 21st December 2010, 12:36 am

I have the Giovanni 50:50 condish. I got it at TJ MAXX for 12 dollars. It was a very cheap perfume-y smell. Kind of like old woman perfume. I hate the smell but it does not linger in the hair. I will not buy it again due to the small. I have the direct leave-in too but I have not used it. I think HEHH wored better for my hair.
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by TLog77 21st December 2010, 1:23 am

I've tried finding Giovanni products at BSS Target WalMart and CVS but can't find it. Where do u guys find it?
TLog77
TLog77

http://www.purplefabric.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsJones 21st December 2010, 1:35 am

@Tlog77
I discovered the Giovanni products at my Neighborhood Walmart this past Friday. They were in a section especially for organic hair and skincare products. Hope that helps.
MrsJones
MrsJones

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 21st December 2010, 3:25 am

Since i don't use shampoo idk how that works but i use their direct leave in in my kimmaytube mix and i love it i also use their 50/50 balance conditioner also very good Smile
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 21st December 2010, 3:27 am

i forgot to mention i got the vitapro one it's like vitamins for you rhair and also a heat protectant i'm transitioning so i have yet to put heat in my hair but i let my cousin who's natural use it and she likes it so much she brought her on
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down