CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Conditioners

5 posters

Go down

Conditioners  Empty Conditioners

Post by creolebeauty1 30th November 2010, 6:04 pm

Hey Ladies so as i get further into my transition i have noticed that my hair is quite thick and because of that i go through Conditioners (deep conditioner, and leave in) quite quickly, i have been using 2 different brands lately , i wanted to try something natural and new , i currently deep condition with Jane carter solution conditioner i add EVOO and honey to it , than i use the Gionani Leave in i add aloe vera juice and EVoo to it , but im running out of product fast i think i may be heavy handed and my hair is thick too so my question would be witch deep conditioner and leave in would you recommend the bigger the better in my case Smile thanks in advance
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Conditioners  Empty Re: Conditioners

Post by Jazzyrin 30th November 2010, 6:23 pm

as far as deep conditioner i recommend my honey child's olive you deep conditioner ive had it since the summer and i still have some left. Leave in I use kinky curly knot today but it comes an average size bottle idk if that would be good for you.
Jazzyrin
Jazzyrin

Back to top Go down

Post by Takeya 30th November 2010, 7:05 pm

Suave Almond & Shea Butter conditioner comes in a big bottle @ Wal-Mart for less than $3 usually! I love this conditioner as a deep conditioning treatment, detangler, and a very small amount as a leave-in. I'll stock up again tonight!

By the way, my hair is BSL and so thick I can't even wrap a scrunci around it twice to ponytail. I usually use 4 palmfuls of this conditioner to DC and detangle....that may be too much but the bottle still lasts a while!

Hope that helps but I'll be watching this thread closely to get other ideas!
Takeya
Takeya

http://www.justtakeya.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 30th November 2010, 9:33 pm

Thanks ladies those were very helpful i will look up those products and see because i'm already half way through my giovanni in 2 uses , my Deep conditioner is gone lol ... my hair is not even that long but is thick and i like to saturate it with product @ Tayeka when you use your suave do you mix it with anything else to DC ?
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Takeya 1st December 2010, 12:17 pm

I actually deep conditioned with Suave last night and just added Vatika oil on top. I like to add coconut oil to my DCs because my hair soaks it up and Vatika oil is mainly coconut oil infused with herbs! I slept in the plastic cap and my satin bonnet, then rinsed this morning with cold water. My hair is shiny and feels so soft/ moisturized!

Sometimes I'll add olive oil and honey. Both combos work well so it's all a matter of preference!
Takeya
Takeya

http://www.justtakeya.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 1st December 2010, 10:28 pm

Okay @ Takeya i will give it a try and see what results i get , For my next 2 washes i plan on washing with black soap , than conditioner with the little Giovanni i purchase "sample size " than i wanted to try this DC recipe i saw with avocado , honey and EVOO , the other one with bananas , honey and EVOO than im a get the suave and test out with VAtika ... thanks
@ jazz where can i purchase the honey child conditioner ?
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by j. kinky 1st December 2010, 11:59 pm

hmmm...i'm a broke waitress/student so my weekly dt is queen helene mix with evoo, I go thru a container of queen helene in one month but thats ok bc it only 1.99.
j. kinky
j. kinky

Back to top Go down

Post by Emartini04 2nd December 2010, 2:27 am

I've been using EVO0 and EVCO mixed with Trader Joe's Nourish and Spa and it has been doing some moisturizing wonders for my hair. I want to try the Jessie Curls Weekly Deep Conditioning treatment pretty soon just to test it out.
Emartini04
Emartini04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down