CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Outgrown Your TWA? Well come on in...

+20
naturallymocha
Ladybird
CurlyGirly9
ChardaeD
DivaDreamgirl
catcurls
tressedforsuccess
LittleOne
Berry3674
MissNaturalBeautii
luvmycoils
SwanLakeLibra
freckledmom4
newcurlieque
popsbaby
LaToya28
Karameldiva1978
BlakButterfli
Sebastain13
KnottyKinkyMommy
24 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Outgrown Your TWA?  Well come on in... - Page 2 Empty Re: Outgrown Your TWA? Well come on in...

Post by Ladybird 1st February 2011, 5:11 pm

I am in

What's your hair type?
4 B/4C
How long is your hair?
5 - 6 Inches
What styles do you wear? Pics would be awesome!!
Well it depends: Being Lazy-Wigs, Have Time -Twist, Summer time-Twist out/Puffs

Products?
I do my hair every 3/4 weeks:
1. Pre-poo- Coconut/EVOO & Suave conditioner
2. Wash-Indian Powders
3. Rinse with Aussie moist conditioner/ ACV
4. Henna
5. Stlye - Shea mix

Hair goals
Big, ridiculous, Healthy Fro
Ladybird
Ladybird

Back to top Go down

Outgrown Your TWA?  Well come on in... - Page 2 Empty Re: Outgrown Your TWA? Well come on in...

Post by KnottyKinkyMommy 2nd February 2011, 11:40 am

A big hello to all the new ladies who chimed in.

I'm still uber frustrated with my hair length. But thank God its Winter because my hair is hidden most of the time. Currently, my hair is cornrowed straight back and I am wearing Juniper by Sensationnel. I will probably keep my hair braided/twisted under a wig until the Spring.

**sidenote**
I recently tried that Shea Moisture Leave-In and my hair absolutely hated it. I also tied some Lorea'l Everstrong Reconstruct Shampoo which my hair really really liked! Nice lather, fresh scent and didn't strip my hair.

I cannot wait until the weather warms up so I can rock my fro. I seriously miss it.
KnottyKinkyMommy
KnottyKinkyMommy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybird 2nd February 2011, 5:50 pm

Girrrrrl, i absolutely feel you on the length thing and style. i love winter ONLY because it is the time of the year that i do not have to fuss too much with my hair ( Hats, Wigs, Weaves, Braids ). i just cover it up, oil and moisturize and go....no fuss.

I just bought two pks of twisting hair ($10.00 yeah me ) and in twist she goes for another month or two. I get about an inch of growth when i take her down. My plan until spring.

I want that fro form the seventies..

Very Happy
Ladybird
Ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallymocha 2nd February 2011, 9:09 pm

What's your hair type? I'm not really sure of my hair type. The whole "hair type" thing confuses me but if I had to guess I would say a 4a in the back and 4b in the front. ?? Not really sure.

How long is your hair? My hair is 5 inches in length.

What styles do you wear? Pics would be awesome!! I have absolutely no patience for styling hair, maybe because I suck at it so I mostly wear wash and goes. Sometimes I will pin the sides up and rock "my" version of a fro hawk. I tried the 2 strand twists once and it was a disaster. Still not sure what I did wrong but I haven't attempted to do it again.

I'm not sure how to upload pic's yet. I'm somewhat new to the site.

Products? I am a very simple person when it comes to hair, always have been. I use Yes to Carrots Shampoo about twice a month. I co wash daily with either HHHH, HHTotally Twisted, Aussie Moist, or Suave Shea Almond conditioners then I use Suave Tropical Coconut Conditioner as a leave in and I'm done. I'm just not a product junkie and I'm cheap.

What are your ultimate hair goals? Too be good to my hair and keep her healthy and beautiful.

Etc? When all else fails, an afro puff is your best friend. Good Luck!!

naturallymocha
naturallymocha

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 19th February 2011, 10:05 am

What's your hair type? Well I think if I have to type my hair it would be about a 4b or 4c. I really don't have a curl pattern per se' I just have a few cork screws here and there....not sure, but I really don't focus on hair type.

I tend to hang around 5 to 6 inches so I am doing a self-twist challenge to see if I can retain length

What Styles do you wear? Pictures would be awesome. Well right now I'm doing a lot of twists as a protective styles in which I've incorporated half wigs into the rotation...

Half wig with flat twists in the front I need to revisit this style when I have about 3hrs of free time to do it...lol
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Flat twists with twist out bangs

and when all else fails my favorite style The Puff with a little twist!! LOL

Products? I use AfroVeda products, and sometimes I will switch it up and use anything with moisture to twist with. The last two weeks I've tried Bee Mine Bee Lovely w/Oyin's Burnt Sugar, and this week I was using Oyin's Honey Dew and Burnt Sugar. Nice combination, but I'm going back to my AfroVeda next week.

What are your ultimate hair goals? Well....I'm on a quest for moisture; which I feel will lead me to length retention as well as healthy hair from the inside out!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KnottyKinkyMommy 20th February 2011, 8:39 pm

@KinkyNappyHappy: I am really feeling the twisted puff. I wonder if I have enough hair to do that. I'm in mini twists now, but when I take them down, I am going to make an attempt.
KnottyKinkyMommy
KnottyKinkyMommy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 21st February 2011, 6:27 pm

KnottyKinkyMommy wrote:@KinkyNappyHappy: I am really feeling the twisted puff. I wonder if I have enough hair to do that. I'm in mini twists now, but when I take them down, I am going to make an attempt.

Yes ma'am you have enough hair. I will post the other side (which is in flat twists a well) I did this style on dry hair so my hair was stretched. It is my go to style when I get tried of twisting. Try it...I know you will like it.
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by beautynthadark 5th March 2011, 2:44 am

What's your hair type? i believe 4c mostly with some 4b/a mixed in

How long is your hair? about 6.5 or 7 inches

What styles do you wear? Pics would be awesome!! lately i been wearing a bonnet with a hat on top and keeping my hair braided/twisted under them

Products? oh man i changed alot of those products i was using...but my regimen is as follows

Every other OTHER day i will:
Shampoo w/ Mane n Tail Shampoo (I added in Aloe Vera Juice, and EVOO or CO
Oil Rinse w/ Cayenne Pepper n EVOO
Condition w/ Mane n Tail Conditioner (I added in the WHGO, Aloe Vera Juice, and EVOO)
Shirt pat dry
Moisten hair with Care Free Curls bc it has Glycerin (I also added EVOO and Aloe Vera Juice)
Spray scalp w/ Miconazole Nitrate, WHGO, EVOO, Aloe Vera Juice, and water
Braid or Twist hair
Seal with African Herbal Grow (Added in EVOO)
Wrap or tie up hair with satin scarf or bonnet

Every night i will:
Spray scalp w/ Miconazole Nitrate, WHGO, EVOO, Aloe Vera Juice, and water
Re-braid/Braid or Re-twist/Twist hair
Seal with African Herbal Grow (Added in EVOO)
Wrap or tie up hair with satin scarf or bonnet

What are your ultimate hair goals? to retain length. i have been at this twa stage for a long LONG time and just ready to get it growing and be healthy...like someone else said, "i want big afro from the 70s" afro

Etc? be happy with my hair and have happy hair too...right now as i type, i have hair mayo i just brought at the dollar store today. its been on around 6 1/2 hours...tomorrow is my wash day so i'll just sleep with it in. im rather new to this site so i dont really have pictures to post at the moment but will as soon as ebay decides to send my fridgin battery i brought forever ago Mad
beautynthadark
beautynthadark

https://www.youtube.com/beautynthadark

Back to top Go down

Post by beautynthadark 5th March 2011, 2:48 am

did i mention my hair grows as fast as a snail moves? No ugh! so frustrating Rolling Eyes
beautynthadark
beautynthadark

https://www.youtube.com/beautynthadark

Back to top Go down

Post by KnottyKinkyMommy 5th March 2011, 10:59 pm

I was sick of my hair and decided to get my first weave. I'm hoping to last 8 weeks in this thing. 7 weeks and 2 days to go.
KnottyKinkyMommy
KnottyKinkyMommy

Back to top Go down

Post by blackice82 7th March 2011, 1:40 pm

What's your hair type? 4 something (not sure)
How long is your hair? 3 3/4 close but not quite at 4 yet

What styles do you wear? WNG, twist, twist out, flat twist

Products? Qhement AOHC and my concontion of aloe vera juice castor oil and tree tea oil for moisterizing
giovanni 50/50 for shampoo once a week
darcy leave in conditioner for daily spirtz
qhement deep conditioning whihc i do once a week
Henna once a month
lastly KCCT after deep conditioning my hair

What are your ultimate hair goals? Most most I want to retain length and have it grow as much as possible and have healthy hair
blackice82
blackice82

Back to top Go down

Post by Brwnsugar24 25th March 2011, 10:08 am

What's your hair type? between a 3 and 4a (I think LOL)

How long is your hair? I would say my hair is about 5 inches long (not sure LOL)

What styles do you wear? Pics would be awesome!! I had been wearing wash and go's since I BC'd. Lately I have been doing twist outs. Most of my pic's I take don't turn out so well LOL.

Products? I use Raw Shea Moisture shampoo, Aussie moist Conditioner, my own Shea mixture and on occasion CURLS souffle cream (trying to use it all up)

What are your ultimate hair goals? To grow strong healthy hair past my shoulders.
Brwnsugar24
Brwnsugar24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum