CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Root heat damage??

+2
C.
mokacoffey
6 posters

Go down

Root heat damage?? Empty Root heat damage??

Post by mokacoffey 22nd November 2010, 3:42 pm

Hey everyone.
I have been really frustrated with my hair being two different textures. I can understand different textures in different spots but I have it on the same strands! My hair is not exactly straighter, but not curly either from root to about 2 inches down. Maybe a 4a? Past the two inches, its turns to about 3c all the way down. I recently had all the heat damaged ends cut off. i just had a thought that perhaps its heat damaged in my top 2 inches from my really concentrating on that area as well as ends when flat ironing. Does anyone else have a different pattern or texture within the same strand as well? Other than this I have no clue what it could be! I do have some color growing out, but that does not seem to be the issue... This just makes my roots so much thicker in those 2 inches. Helps w/ big hair days for sure, though! I like big hair. Very Happy

mokacoffey

Back to top Go down

Root heat damage?? Empty Re: Root heat damage??

Post by C. 22nd November 2010, 5:36 pm

are you saying that your hair is 4a from the root to 2 inches down the hair, then 3c the rest of the way down? If so that just maybe how your hair grows or maybe the colored ends have a looser texture because of the color. I've heard [never experienced personally] that color can loosen the hair texture/curl. Maybe that's what's going on with your hair?

Personally, my hair has random tight S curls at the roots and coils the rest of the way down-- this is all within the same strand and I've never colored or applied heat to my hair

C.

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 22nd November 2010, 6:02 pm

Some areas of my hair have different curl patterns w/in the same strand. The hair at the crown of my head is like a 4a texture (I guess). It starts off at the root like a kinky wave and the ends are tighter spirals. I don't think its necessarily heat damage...just the way your hair grows.
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconTress 22nd November 2010, 7:33 pm

perhaps its heat damaged in my top 2 inches from my really concentrating on that area
How often were you using the flat iron? Were you also using a blow dryer?

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalesque 23rd November 2010, 12:09 am

Ditto what everyone else said. It could also be reflective of a change in your diet or health.
naturalesque
naturalesque

Back to top Go down

Post by j. kinky 23rd November 2010, 12:37 am

I sometime wonder the same thing. When i was transitioning (by accident) I was use major heat on the front or "bang". Not it has no curl pattern. I stop relaxers in 08 and mini BC last month. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm????????????????????????????/
j. kinky
j. kinky

Back to top Go down

Post by mokacoffey 23rd November 2010, 2:26 am

Hmm.. I guess I want to lean toward thats just how my hair grows... But I flat ironed every two weeks for the past 5 years or so! Its just a thick forest near the scalp& root area then thins & gets finer later down the hair. I guess I can just see what happens with new growth. If its a different pattern or the same 4a business.

mokacoffey

Back to top Go down

Post by mokacoffey 30th December 2010, 1:59 am

I figured it out y'all! So... All that hair that I thought was my natural texture is actually heat damaged from years of flat ironing. I used my KCCC today with the denman and the puffy roots are growing! Pretty much I'm transitioning from heat damage! I been duped! Kinda felt like a dork cause I had no clue that 80% of my hair was damaged like that:-(... I will be growing it out instead of chopping, thank you. Who knew I would have to transition like if I had had a perm before? I also wonder if the demarcation line between the two textures and the weakness of it caused the breakage in the crown of my head I posted about. Probably. Not good news but now that I know I can act accordingly. Just wanted to share that little discovery.

mokacoffey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down