CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transitioning Styles

3 posters

Go down

Transitioning Styles Empty Transitioning Styles

Post by Jasy 16th November 2010, 1:06 pm

Hey Ladies, I've been transitioning for eight months and this is the first time I've had to really style my own hair and I wanted to know what do you all think is the best style for transitioning hair. I'm willing to try anything but I am looking for a style that retains length and give a really full look.
Jasy
Jasy

Back to top Go down

Transitioning Styles Empty Re: Transitioning Styles

Post by FalconTress 16th November 2010, 5:04 pm

Hello Jasy,
I can't say it is the best option, but you can get a variety of results from roller setting by selecting different types and sizes of rollers. Twists/braids can also give you a variety of looks depending upon how many sections you use and what products you apply. Also, some transitioners have success with twisting/brading the hair and putting a roller on the end.
Curlformers are also an option. Here's a link to a post:

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/general-f3/curlformers-vs-flexi-rods-t4943.htm

I hope this helps.

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasy 16th November 2010, 5:23 pm

Thanks a lot I have considered all of these options... I'm just afraid to try anything I have this huge fear that I am going to mess up very badly lol but I do need to start experimenting.
Jasy
Jasy

Back to top Go down

Post by mahoganytresses 16th November 2010, 7:01 pm

Jasy wrote:Thanks a lot I have considered all of these options... I'm just afraid to try anything I have this huge fear that I am going to mess up very badly lol but I do need to start experimenting.

It's time to let the experimenting begin! What I've learned in these 10 months that I've been transitioning is that natural hair is trial and error. A few weeks ago I braided my hair into an mohawk and did a braidout with the hair that was loose. I rebraided every night (it was only 6 plaits) and that style lasted for the week (could have gone longer but I got fluffy twists put in).
mahoganytresses
mahoganytresses

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasy 16th November 2010, 7:18 pm

I've had plenty of flexi rod sets so I think that is going to be the style I start with first... I am just really unsure of myself at this point before I began transitioning I never had a problem doin my own hair(even tho I visited the salon frequently) I wasn't afraid to at least try a new style but now I'm very reluctant to even touch my hair
Jasy
Jasy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down