CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Holy Grail Products

+16
FalconTress
Sebastain13
Ambitious_Tiff
1FlySista
PaganWifey
freckledmom4
EMarie
Alanija
naturallynola
jeanlouisangel
Curlock Holmes
curlya
Renny
letha
natmommy415
wyldhoney
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Holy Grail Products Empty Holy Grail Products

Post by wyldhoney 11th November 2010, 10:56 am

I've always wondered how other naturals knew what their hair 'liked' and didn't 'like'. I have cycle through shampoos, conditioners (not DC's though), and other than more or less dryness/slip, my hair after styling was the same.

I tried a bottle of aloe vera gel, using it for spritzes and to mix with my ORS or flaxseed gels for styling. I noticed that my hair felt soft and VERY moisturised while using it. My twists would last for 2 days without needing any additional care. I ran out two weeks ago and my hair was ANGRY! Dull and dry, my porous hair would look parched by the end of the day, no matter how much I moisturised and sealed.

This past Saturday I bought a bottle of aloe vera gel. I haven't been home yet to mix up a spritz bottle, but I've been using it on my wet hair as a sort of combo leave-in, curl definer and styler. I used it mixed with coconut oil for my twists and they stayed soft, plump and shiny for 3 days! My resulting twistout was fluffy AND defined! Who know such miracles were possible!

I finally found a product that my hair 100% LOVES. You'll have to pry my Aloe Vera Gel out of my cold, dead hands.

What Holy Grail products have you found!?
wyldhoney
wyldhoney

Back to top Go down

Holy Grail Products Empty Re: Holy Grail Products

Post by natmommy415 11th November 2010, 2:08 pm

This may not be the most "ingredient friendly" product, but I love Hawaiian Silky 14 in 1!!! That stuff keeps my hair soft and makes my coils and curls pop like nothing else that I have come across. It is definitely a keeper in my book. woot!

natmommy415

Back to top Go down

Post by letha 11th November 2010, 2:18 pm

I would have to say HV amala cream rinse.. I use this b4 I co-wash now instead of using a clarifying shampoo this is a good cleanser and it leaves my hair so soft for my co-wash.. I don't use it everytime I co wash I mostly use it when I go wild using my eco-styler gel...
letha
letha

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 11th November 2010, 2:36 pm

Donna Marie's Miracurl and her Coca Hemp Styling Milk and Darcy's Botanicals Deep Conditioning Mask.

Still working through the rest of it.
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by curlya 11th November 2010, 2:50 pm

EVOO is a must have. And I will always buy Aussie Moist conditioner.

I use other products regualry, but, my hair doesn't miss them. However I know what products my hair hates and I am learning to avoid them.
curlya
curlya

Back to top Go down

Post by Curlock Holmes 11th November 2010, 2:52 pm

Castor Oil! I loves it, my precious!

Right now Jessicurl WDT is my fave leave in...can't call it HG just yet but it's in the running.
Curlock Holmes
Curlock Holmes

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanlouisangel 12th November 2010, 10:19 pm

Renny you stay on that Donna Marie Mira Curl thing....Is it that nice homie...Let me know cuz I trust you...lol..I will buy that joint tomorrow...what do you like about?.. Smile
jeanlouisangel
jeanlouisangel

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 12th November 2010, 10:31 pm

Honey, I am with you on the aloe. If aloe is in the first couple of ingredients, my hair smiles. I received aloe spritz in a swap yesterday and when I used it, my hair reminded me of someibe who just received a blood transfusion.

KCNT and Kimmaytube are definitely HG products!

AOWC - def a fav.

JeanLouis, I agree with Renny about DM MiraCurl. I don't even like gel, but I must admit, its the real thing!

Clay treatments

I used KBB Luscious Locks for the first time today and oh my goodness--that's all I can say Very Happy

Letha, what is HV Amla Creme Rinse

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanija 13th November 2010, 10:08 am

I would have to say my most fave products are Qhemet's CTDG and AOHC.
Alanija
Alanija

Back to top Go down

Post by wyldhoney 13th November 2010, 7:24 pm

@curlockholmes - castor oil is another of my 'cant live without' products. So are coconut oil and jojoba oil. Love them.

@naturalnolagirl, how do you do your clay treatments? I've decided to experiment with clay as soon as i can track down some bentonite or rhassoul.
wyldhoney
wyldhoney

Back to top Go down

Post by letha 13th November 2010, 7:38 pm

naturalnolagirl1900 wrote:Honey, I am with you on the aloe. If aloe is in the first couple of ingredients, my hair smiles. I received aloe spritz in a swap yesterday and when I used it, my hair reminded me of someibe who just received a blood transfusion.

AOWC - def a fav.

JeanLouis, I agree with Renny about DM MiraCurl. I don't even like gel, but I must admit, its the real thing!

Clay treatments

I used KBB Luscious Locks for the first time today and oh my goodness--that's all I can say Very Happy

Sorry I am just responding now..

It's this product from Hair Veda
It doesn't suds but your hair is so clean..

Amala Cream Rinse-Gentle Hair & Body Cleanser!

Amala Cream Rinse is a Creamy Hair & Body shampoo which lightly removes dirt & oils. ACR is formulated with all natural lemon & orange oils and specifically designed to clean tresses. ACR is also great for those with sensitive skin types. Give your hair and body a light cleanse with our unique formula.

Hair: Use before your conditioner washes to remove buildup which accumulates due to heavy conditioner use. Safe to use daily and a great alternative to shampoos. Body: Wet skin and apply ACR onto a washcloth. Smooth the cream all over body and rinse.

Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Cetearyl Alcohol, PEG-40 Castor Oil, Stearalkonium Chloride, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Orange Peel Oil, Germall Plus. Fragrance.

Never used it for the Body..

letha
letha

Back to top Go down

Post by EMarie 13th November 2010, 7:46 pm

naturalnolagirl1900 wrote:Honey, I am with you on the aloe. If aloe is in the first couple of ingredients, my hair smiles. I received aloe spritz in a swap yesterday and when I used it, my hair reminded me of someibe who just received a blood transfusion.

AOWC - def a fav.

Clay treatments

GIRL.....I told you about that KBB....it is like LOVE!! I wanted to go by there today BUT I have enough conditioner to open a salon that Im going to use up first!!
EMarie
EMarie

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 13th November 2010, 9:37 pm

Although I'm out of it right now Crying or Very sad, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner, Giovanni Direct Leave-in & henna and amla powders.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 13th November 2010, 9:51 pm

Marie, you were point on. I really underestimated this condish and couldn't believe how little I had to use. The slip for this as a deep condish was unbelievable! It was definitely a flux for me to pay $25.00 for this, but really, it will take a long time to finish it. I'm a true believer woot!

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 13th November 2010, 9:56 pm

Honey, let me know if you need any sources for it. I really like the Bentonite (for my face and feet too). The only issue is although I had defined curls in most places, it left 2 areas of my head with a looser curl pattern. So, I decided to either use it with amla next time or just wait until I receive the rhassoul. Rhassoul is suppose to have a higher MgSo4 content (which enhances curls). Let me know what you decide to do. I may even just add epsom salts (still evaluating that possibility).

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 13th November 2010, 10:56 pm

jeanlouisangel wrote:Renny you stay on that Donna Marie Mira Curl thing....Is it that nice homie...Let me know cuz I trust you...lol..I will buy that joint tomorrow...what do you like about?.. Smile

I love it. I mean, really, really love it. My hair looks so good. I had to figure out how to use it to get the best results, but you want to talk about a bad WNG. My hair is very tightly coiled. This stuff stretches my curls and I can wear that WNG for 7 days if I want to. Although I usually only did 5 days. The Coca Hemp Styling Milk was a great refresher on day two, but I also used my own spritz as well.

Both products have glycerin, so I haven't been using it for a few weeks, but wait until spring. I'm back on it. I'm also going to try the Curl Creme too.

BTW - I did a WNG with Ecostyler the other day. Tried the Krystal as opposed to the Olive Oil one. Hated it. Donna Marie has me spoiled.
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by wyldhoney 14th November 2010, 5:33 am

@naturalnola - I have to find a source on my island. I dont live in the USA so i can't usually order online, the cost of shipping makes it not worth it. I should be able to track some down at a health food store.

When you say the clay defines curls - do you mean that it helps with clumping? My hair is curly; tons and tons of litte ringlets but they don't like to stick together! They all curling by themselves so by the time my hair dries I have a dense fro with little spiral tips. Annoying!!! If the clay can help my hair to clump I won't be mad. I'd even welcome tiny bit of curl loosening because my shrinkage is like 70 percent.

Anyone have a holy grail drugstore moisturiser/styler? I've not been impressed with any that I've tried so far.
wyldhoney
wyldhoney

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 14th November 2010, 11:19 am

Honey, do a search for bentonite. I gave a run down of my experience and how I did it.

Letha, thxs for the response.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by PaganWifey 14th November 2010, 8:00 pm

Coconut oil and Butter Bar Conditioner shampoo bar from Chagrin Valley. It's the business.
PaganWifey
PaganWifey

Back to top Go down

Post by 1FlySista 3rd January 2011, 1:24 pm

Holy Grails that are here to stay!
Shampoo: Suave Professionals Almond & Shea Butter
Conditioner: Suave Professionals Almond & Shea Butter and Aussie Moist
DC: N/A (still searching)
Leave in: Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie
Detangler: Taliah Waajid Protective Mist Bodifier
Gel: IC Fantasia Hair Polisher Olive oil with Sparkle Lites, 100% Aloe Vera
Oils: EVOO, Coconut, Safflower, Avocado, Castor and Vitamin E oils
WnG: Donna Marie Miracurl Gelly
Moisturizer: Distilled Water, Care Free Curl Instant Moisturizer, Africa's Best Kid's Organics Moisturizing Hair Lotion w/EVOO & Shea Butter, and Worlds of Curls Curl Activator Gel
Styler Butter: Whipped Shea Butter
Roller setting: Lotta Body Cream Wrap and Taliah Waajid Crinkles & Curls foam
Pomade: Taliah Waajid "The Strengthener" (medicated), Jane Carter Solution "Nourish & Shine"
Protein Treatment: Aphogee 2-Step Protein Treatment
1FlySista
1FlySista

http://www.goddyssey.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 3rd January 2011, 7:28 pm

EVOO b/c its so versatile! I can use it on my hair, my skin, and my food, all with great results.
Coconut oil b/c it leaves my hair so soft.
Water b/c well, y'all know. Very Happy
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sebastain13 3rd January 2011, 7:33 pm

I have just realized that WATER is the best thing for me I wet my hair nightly with water, lavendar oil, & an essential oil and it has worked wonders for my hair Its not as dry as it had been If I dont use water I use Jane Carter leave in conditioner spray that works well for me too
Sebastain13
Sebastain13

http://<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconTress 3rd January 2011, 8:43 pm

Two words...Aubrey Organics

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 3rd January 2011, 9:51 pm

QHEMETS AOHC!!! lol i just emailed qhemets today asking when they were going to be re stock cause i am completely out and NEED SOME FAST
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by CrAvInG_CuRlZ:) 4th January 2011, 12:27 am

Must haves:

Shampoo- suave naturals
Condish- suave naturals
Leave in- hehh or hett
Oils-coconut and olive
Water
Spritz-aloe juice oil and condish