CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wax? Why?

3 posters

Go down

Wax?  Why? Empty Wax? Why?

Post by Butterfly125 8th November 2010, 9:31 pm

I am new to transitioning and having fun discovering all these new (to me) products and transitioning styles. A friend keeps suggesting that I need to get some wax, but with all the other products I've been experimenting with I can't see why I need wax. Do any of you ladies use wax as a styler? How do you use it?
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Wax?  Why? Empty Re: Wax? Why?

Post by FalconTress 9th November 2010, 8:21 pm

A friend keeps suggesting that I need to get some wax
Um, does her hair look & feel like this is a successful strategy? She should be able to explain her reason for recommending it to you and give you a sample. LOL

Do any of you ladies use wax as a styler?
No. The only wax that I knowingly put on my hair is jojoba oil, which is actually wax.

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 9th November 2010, 8:38 pm

Hmmm, now that you put that way, FalconTress, I can see why she would use wax and I wouldn't...lol. Our textures are completely different, and she kind of "bends" her spikes at the top of her haircut. It's cute on her, but would do nothing for my curls. And she did give me a sample, which is why I was asking what I should do with it really. I put it on my edges, but that didn't really work either silent Thanks for the eye-opener.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 9th November 2010, 10:47 pm

Butterfly - I don't gravitate towards wax personally, but it is used in some stylers for hold and shine. Actually, DB uses it in her Coconut Cupuacu Butter. I can't remember what it was, but one of her products she removed the bees wax and, at the request of many of her customers, she substituted Candellia wax. I think it was a Cherry Butter or something like that. FYI - I know these waxes are avail at one of the better online suppliers- Mountain Rose Herbs.

Hope this sheds a little light.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 9th November 2010, 11:59 pm

Thanks, naturalnolagirl. That does give me another way of looking at it. I can where it would have some uses, but I don't think it's for me for the way I like to style my hair.

Thanks for the input, ladies.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum