CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

InStyler

5 posters

Go down

InStyler Empty InStyler

Post by AlmostLovely 28th October 2010, 6:28 pm

Has anyone here ever used the InStyler rotating iron to straigten their hair?

AlmostLovely

Back to top Go down

InStyler Empty Re: InStyler

Post by Niqui36 28th October 2010, 8:09 pm

I used it when I was transitioning and I didn't care for it. I'm not that coordinated, so I kept getting my hair caught in the brush (making it go the wrong way). I have a friend who has used it regularly on her daughters hair and she loves it and got great results.
Niqui36
Niqui36

Back to top Go down

Post by letha 28th October 2010, 10:38 pm

Niqui36 wrote:I used it when I was transitioning and I didn't care for it. I'm not that coordinated, so I kept getting my hair caught in the brush (making it go the wrong way). I have a friend who has used it regularly on her daughters hair and she loves it and got great results.

Same with me I didn't care for it much either.. Its really hard for me to get the hang of it so I just decided not to use it maybe I should try it again.. I just love my flat iron better.
letha
letha

Back to top Go down

Post by dearCoco 28th October 2010, 11:38 pm

I've used it. If I don't roller set (which is rare), I'll use this (which is rarer). I used this more last year when I always straightened my hair. I got good results.
dearCoco
dearCoco

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Fenty 28th October 2010, 11:39 pm

I used it a few times, when I was only a few weeks post and also @ about 5-6 months post and I liked it. I liked that it rotated even though it took some getting used to, I also like that I didn't have to put in much effort to bump my ends under (which is how I always like to wear my hair when straightened). Also, it gave my hair volume which I could never seem to get with an average flat iron, and I was able to get to my roots with just the barrel.

However, I didn't like the brush bristles, the noise it made was annoying, and it is almost impossible to get a spiral curl even though it has instructions on how to do it.

But there's something about compressing my hair between two flat plates that turns me off now for some reason, so I'll definitely continue to use it on the rare occasions that I do flat iron my hair.
Ms.Fenty
Ms.Fenty

Back to top Go down

Post by AlmostLovely 29th October 2010, 5:58 pm

Thanks for the feedback. I'm going to try it, since Ulta has an AWSOME return policy.

AlmostLovely

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down