CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any Jacksonville,FL or Florida residents here?

4 posters

Go down

Any Jacksonville,FL or Florida residents here? Empty Any Jacksonville,FL or Florida residents here?

Post by QuirkyCurly 23rd October 2010, 5:59 pm

Hello Everyone!

I'm a sophomore in college and I'm thinking about transferring to Florida to finish up school. I wanted to know:

1) How does the heat down there affect your hair?
2) Whats your experience with being natural in Florida?
3) Would you recommend living down there?

I'm from Michigan if that helps!
Please and Thanks Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
QuirkyCurly
QuirkyCurly

Back to top Go down

Any Jacksonville,FL or Florida residents here? Empty Re: Any Jacksonville,FL or Florida residents here?

Post by NaturallyBriaful 23rd October 2010, 6:46 pm

Im not form fl but i wanna move there when i go to college. Smile
NaturallyBriaful
NaturallyBriaful

Back to top Go down

Any Jacksonville,FL or Florida residents here? Empty Re: Any Jacksonville,FL or Florida residents here?

Post by QuirkyCurly 23rd October 2010, 6:56 pm

Lol me too...idk where you're from but im sick of michigan
QuirkyCurly
QuirkyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by PaganWifey 23rd October 2010, 7:53 pm

Humidity humidity humidity. You gotta be careful about the heat because you can get really dried out quickly. I like Jax. It's big.
PaganWifey
PaganWifey

Back to top Go down

Post by QuirkyCurly 23rd October 2010, 10:03 pm

@PaganWifey

So for example, if i did a twist out, it wouldn't last huh? lol
QuirkyCurly
QuirkyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by PaganWifey 23rd October 2010, 10:59 pm

Depends on how comfy you are with frizz and what you use.
PaganWifey
PaganWifey

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 24th October 2010, 12:10 pm

1) the heat has never affected my hair (in fact, i have never heard this question before...no one's hair or body have melted in this heat). if you are worried about the heat, then there is plenty you can do to protect your hair: seal with shea butter (it has natural spf), rinse with black tea (protects hair from sun rays), use coconut oil or grapeseed oil (natural heat protectants), use desert essence grape poo and/or condish cuz grapes are natural antioxidants

2) my experience has been nothing but a blessing. the humidity makes my hair big and frizzy and i like that. guys of all races love my hair and so its not hard for me to find a date

3) this place is cool. there are certain parts that i wouldn't recommend, but it just depends on your lifestyle and what you want.
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by PaganWifey 24th October 2010, 1:05 pm

I will say that when I came down here my hair was bleached and dyed so heat of any kind wasn't its friend.
PaganWifey
PaganWifey

Back to top Go down

Post by QuirkyCurly 26th October 2010, 12:03 am

Thanks for the responses!

I guess what I'm asking is how does your natural hair hold up in the weather? I know it can get quite hot down there
QuirkyCurly
QuirkyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down