CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BeautifulEyez

+18
Blackbeauty
MeekMonique
SheeTacular
Leila
crustaceans
rebelrocks
ChrsLvsBks
CocoEuro
Enchantment
Serenity23
miznissi
curlykinks
tiashaunteƩ
TerraD
d.denise
Belizeanbeauty
truet
beautifuleyez
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

BeautifulEyez - Page 2 Empty Re: BeautifulEyez

Post by Enchantment 25th November 2009, 1:08 am

Beautifuleyes, what is Teri's technique?
Enchantment
Enchantment

Back to top Go down

Post by beautifuleyez 25th November 2009, 1:16 am

Enchantment wrote:Beautifuleyes, what is Teri's technique?

Teri's technique is outlined over on www.tightlycurly.com. There she breaks down how she manages her longer the waist length, tightly, curly hair (this is how she defines it). You should check it out, it really helped me realize some of the mistakes I was making with my hair, especially detangling. I realized that even though I thought I was using a lot of product in my hair, I wasn't using nearly enough to achieve the "slip" I needed to prevent breakage.
beautifuleyez
beautifuleyez

Back to top Go down

Post by Enchantment 25th November 2009, 1:42 am

Thank you, I've been to her site before, she's why I love to co-wash with Aussie Moist! Let me go back to read though, lol

I will be in your city for Turkey Day!
Enchantment
Enchantment

Back to top Go down

Post by beautifuleyez 25th November 2009, 1:54 am

Really? This will be my first one here. I usually go home to see my family in Mississippi for Thanksgiving and again for Christmas but I just lost my Dad this summer and I can't handle going home right now. So I'll be spending it here with my Boo. I guess I will go back home for Christmas this year.
beautifuleyez
beautifuleyez

Back to top Go down

Post by Enchantment 25th November 2009, 2:29 am

You know what, it will be my first Thanksgiving there too Smile. It's my hubby's hometown and we're usually there for Christmas, but I want to be with my family this year for a change and celebrate my birthday (Christmas Eve) at home.
Enchantment
Enchantment

Back to top Go down

Post by beautifuleyez 26th November 2009, 6:16 pm

Day 3 and 4.

Hair Goals: Short Term and Long Term

So the way I see it, now is as good a time as ever for me to consider my hair goals, for the next few months before my wedding and going into the next several years. This website and others have help to solidify the goals that I have had for my hair, yet didn’t really know what steps to take in order to achieve them.

My first and most immediate goal is to have healthy, strong hair for my wedding this coming March. I still have not determined what style I would like to wear, but I know that I would like for it to be as healthy, shiny, and strong as it can possibly be. For that reason, I plan on wearing protective styling pretty much from now until the wedding. I think I am going to try and duplicate a look that I saw on KinkyCurlyQueen’s blog (http://naturallyobsessed.onsugar.com/tag/protective+styling), in which she wore what she called “teeny weenie twists”. It seems on her youtube channel that she is pretty well known for keeping her hair braided in tiny micro braids (without extensions), but I happened across this style that she posted pics of on her blog and thought that I would try my hand at it. It looks as if it will possibly take at least a day to do, so I am planning on starting it Sunday after church and finishing on Monday after class.

As far as my hair now, I am still wearing the chunky twist out that I did on Monday; I will post a picture in a little bit. I plan on leaving it like this until this weekend when I do my teeny weenie twist style that I just mentioned.

So that describes my short term goals, what about my long term ones? Well, as I mentioned in the beginning of this post, I have always had the goal of having healthy, long, strong, natural hair but the problem was I didn’t have the support system and the knowledge to carry it out. Since discovering this site and some of the other forums out there that focus on getting the information out that I need to follow through, I am very excited to say that my long term hair goals are to have healthy, long (BSL), strong, shiny hair. How do I plan to achieve that? By practicing some of the excellent techniques that I have learned about since my first visit at this site and continuing to do my research on what are the best ways to take care of my hair. I am going to adopt modified CG techniques (no or little ‘poo, no sulfates, no ‘cones), wear my hair in protective styling as much as possible (at least 90% of the time), I also plan on doing at least on henna treatment a month, and continue to take vitamins and live a healthier life in general!

I look forward to sharing my progress with all you lovely curlies!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING, BLESSINGS

I <3 Being a Curly Top! run
beautifuleyez
beautifuleyez

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 26th November 2009, 7:04 pm

Great goals. I am excited about your wedding. Love is beautiful especially Black Love!!! I'm sure your research and time will pay off greatly.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by beautifuleyez 26th November 2009, 7:18 pm

Thanks SheeTacular! That's the key for me is research and dedication!

And I will keep you all updated on the weddings plans dance
beautifuleyez
beautifuleyez

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 27th November 2009, 2:14 pm

I need to do that--write goals. You have goals which are achievable, and I hope to see you reach them.

ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

BeautifulEyez - Page 2 Empty reply from my post

Post by truet 27th November 2009, 4:32 pm

yes I do understand what you are saying! I think keeping them oil is the trick I like to message at the root so it wont matt up. I also co-wash at least onece an week with good thick conditioner and pay attention to my roots. Keeping twist for a while is hard work but to me its the best protective style there is and they are sooo cute.
truet
truet

Back to top Go down

Post by MeekMonique 27th November 2009, 4:37 pm

your curls are gorgeous and your engagement pics are beautimous!!!
MeekMonique
MeekMonique

http://fotki.com/RoyalEmpress2

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackbeauty 27th November 2009, 5:17 pm

I never thought of setting a hair goal before...now after reading ur post my main focus is to have moisturized, healthy hair since i just bc'd im not concerned about length more or less just volume. Keep me updated on how going CG feels for your hair...Im curious about it.
Blackbeauty
Blackbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by beautifuleyez 27th November 2009, 7:57 pm

@Chrs, yes, I think setting goals and writing them down will help keep me focused on what I am ultimately trying to do. I am someone that does things on a whim--like two summers ago, I let my good friend bleach the top section of my hair in order to achieve the ragein' red color that I could never get with just regular hair color. That was a disaster and a mistake that I am still paying for....So, I thought writing my goals would definitely keep me on track and keep me from making quick, snap decisions regarding my hair that I haven't fully considered and researched.

@truet, Yes I do agree that twists are a great protective style that's why I will be twisting my hair this weekend. I hope to keep them in 4 to 6 weeks, depending on the outcome.

@MeekMonique, Thanks for the compliment! Gracias!

@BlackBeauty, I think I need to buy the Curly Girl book to fully understand the guidelines, but as for now, I plan on being a modified CG, which means I will shampoo about once a month. I have to find something that lathers and is sulfate free. I don't think I can swear off shampoo altogether right now....maybe oneday! And I will definitely be more of a label reader when it comes to my hair. I have been very deligent about reading labels in regards to what I put in my body, but now I will adopt the same practice in regards to my hair. I will keep you posted on how I do. Good luck with your hair goals, too.
beautifuleyez
beautifuleyez

Back to top Go down

Post by beautifuleyez 27th November 2009, 8:22 pm

Day 5.

My hair for today is the same as yesterday for now. I am going home and do my 3rd henna treatment tonight....yes I am getting addicted to that stuff. But after deciding to do the teeny weeny twists the weekend, I figured I better get one more treatment in! Yay!
beautifuleyez
beautifuleyez

Back to top Go down

Post by crvng4mr 28th November 2009, 2:01 am

I like Giovanni 50/50 and Oyin Handmade Honey Hemp for shampoos that are CG friendly. I have been following the CG method for about 5 weeks now. Love your avatar!
crvng4mr
crvng4mr

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 28th November 2009, 12:05 pm

@ beautiful eyez...Nikki recently had a great post about the CG method..I too am a modified CG..Im trying to adopt only washing once a month with a sulfate free shampoo as well....depending on the prod i use in my hair...But i love ur goals and ur hair!Cant wait for the wedding pics ( i know im rushing it lol)
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoEuro 28th November 2009, 1:42 pm

Good for you!!! Goals do make life much simpler!
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

http://naturalcurlykinks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by beautifuleyez 28th November 2009, 3:17 pm

@crvg4mr, thank you for the recommendations! I absolutely do not need any reason to go out and buy any more products, but with these new goals in mind, I will certainly be a much more conscious and informed consumer. I know what I am looking for and I believe that will help me select the right products without blindly buying things just based on the advertisements and labels....I am learning how to read between the lines and the most important advertisement as far as I can tell is actually the ingredient list!

@curly+kinky+fierce, thanks so much for the info. Thanks for the enthusiasm, I am looking for to the final results as well and I will be so excited to share the pics with everyone! Good luck on your journey as well.

@Cocoeuro, yes, I believe that setting these goals is just what I needed to step up my game...

BeautifulEyez - Page 2 Lol

thanks to you all for the support and encouragement.

Blessings
beautifuleyez
beautifuleyez

Back to top Go down

Post by curlyq145 28th November 2009, 5:47 pm

@beautifuleyez....love your story and your pics! don't worry you'll find a style that you'll love to pieces for your wedding day!!
curlyq145
curlyq145

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 28th November 2009, 7:54 pm

How will you keep your teeny weeny twists fresh? I did small twists and hope to keep them in for at least three weeks--took five hours. I was inspired by a fotki member by the name of kinkycurlyqueen.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by beautifuleyez 29th November 2009, 1:04 pm

@ curlyq, thanks for the support and encouragement.

@chrs, my plan to is to keep my scalp moisturized as well as the ends. I plan to use coconut oil for the roots and shea butter for the ends. Since this will be my first time attempting this, I will have to play it by ear, I guess. But I will keep you posted on my progress. Btw, Kinkykurlyqueen was my inspiration as well. At first I saw the style and feel in love, then I went to my African braider and asked her if she would twist my hair w/o any extensions and she said she would and it would only cost $120! I then decided to try my hand at it first and if my results were good, I would save $120 bucks... lol!
beautifuleyez
beautifuleyez

Back to top Go down

Post by beautifuleyez 29th November 2009, 1:06 pm

Day 6, 7, and 8.

Out of the office today, twisting my hair... lol!

Will share my results later tonight!

Blessings
beautifuleyez
beautifuleyez

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 29th November 2009, 1:41 pm

beautifuleyez wrote:...I went to my African braider and asked her if she would twist my hair w/o any extensions and she said she would and it would only cost $120!...

BeautifulEyez - Page 2 Icon_eek That is crazy! I may ask my son's girlfriend to do mine. I just don't know if I can sit still that long. I look forward to seeing your results.

I will try the coconut oil on my scalp and a sealing butter on my ends. I'm going to try to coil the ends with gel since they tend to unravel.

The best to you in twisting.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanNature 29th November 2009, 9:03 pm

BeautifulEyez - Page 2 Icon_biggrin Wow, Wow, Wow... BeautifulEyez, I really do not think you are going to have a problem with your hair for the wedding (I know: easier said than done). Your hair is just beautiful in your pics. It is also full and healthy looking. Thanks for sharing. I'll be trying the henna, I just want to read up on it before I experiment.

I know weddings can be stressful but you and your finace make an amazing couple. Congratulations. I'll be following your story.
HumanNature
HumanNature

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum