CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's all gone!!!

2 posters

Go down

It's all gone!!! Empty It's all gone!!!

Post by DNL16 14th October 2010, 6:21 pm

A little history: my mom is Indian and she never knew anything about chemicals or black hair so she always had our hair in braids. When I was 16, I took it upon myself to get my hair relaxed and continued to get it done every 8 weeks until recently. I'm 20 years old and I go to college in a prodominantly white community so there was always been pressure to have straight hair. Before I began frying my hair, it was to the middle of my back. Slowly, it broke off all the way up to my ears. I NEVER want to put chemicals on my hair again.

I tried to transition for about 6 months using micro braids but in August I caved in and got a relaxer before classes started up again! About 4 days ago, I just cut it all off!!! There is no going back now Smile My natural hair used to be a 3b or 3c but now I think it's a 4b! Is that possible? It may be too short to know for sure. My hair is very dry and I'm not sure how to take care of it. My mom used to use a lot of products that were unnatural (like petroleum) and my hair grew just fine. From what Ive read, that's a big mistake! My hair is also very thin around the edges. Does anyone have any suggestions? My mom is Cherokee but I am very dark and have 100% black hair!

DNL16

https://facebook.com

Back to top Go down

It's all gone!!! Empty Re: It's all gone!!!

Post by Naturally Esq 14th October 2010, 6:30 pm

Welcome to the 100% natural hair side. Yes, your maybe too short and it maybe too soon to determine your hair type. Time will tell.

It is natural to have very dry hair after your BC. Be sure to balance moisture and protein in your products. Here is the link to a great article: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/278612/the_fine_art_of_protein_and_moisture.html?singlepage=true&cat=69

Some people apply a little castor oil to their thin edges, and have seen good results.
HTH
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum