CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flat iron and stink?

4 posters

Go down

Flat iron and stink? Empty Flat iron and stink?

Post by purplec18 12th October 2010, 11:26 pm

Ok.........so I got my hair flat ironed for my birthday....whoop! whoop! the big 18!...newayz so.. I'm like 2 days or a week away from my 8 month transition and when the lady flat ironed my hair the crown was so sour in the middle...she said that for old build up from not washing it properly...
So.....I'm confused I scrub my scalp...maybe its because I washed my hair the 2days back to back and didnt wash it the 2nd time properly....newayz is this normal or......cause I was like so my hair had dirt on it from since it was like permed, lol! Idk...i can't detangle it properly its so hard and I have so little time..making me wanna perm it...sigh!
purplec18
purplec18

Back to top Go down

Flat iron and stink? Empty Re: Flat iron and stink?

Post by Lynnieluve 12th October 2010, 11:36 pm

Are you washing your hair in section? How often do you shampoo?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Treece 13th October 2010, 12:38 am

I can see how that would happen. First, happy birthday. Smile

Second, When I wash my hair, an slop on the shampoo, I go around the edges and try to work it into the middle. Because it's so thick back there it's really hard to get the shampoo in and lathered up. You may just not be washing back there effectively. Separating the hair helps solve this.
Treece
Treece

Back to top Go down

Post by laleepop14 13th October 2010, 10:17 am

I would suggest washing in sections. Focusing on one section at a time so you can get it really clean...I found that as time went on in my journey, I couldnt just wash/co-wash with my hair all out, it would be tangled by the time I was finished. So what I do now is detangle sort of before, braid it up and go throught the rest of the process. Once you have a good routine or a process, it will get easier also..This is just what works for me...
laleepop14
laleepop14

Back to top Go down

Post by purplec18 14th October 2010, 12:28 am

Thanks ladies yeah I have to wash it in sections but I washed my hair twice in like the space of less than 24 hours and...i didnt do a good job the second time i just added water and then some shampoo and left
purplec18
purplec18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down