CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

naturallychelsea~ I can't believe I can cornow Pg 2

+12
mizcreativelyme
BlondeByDesire
naturallynola
mstokes2008
Treece
sweetdrk1
priceless
CrissyQ
rayray19
kinksncurls
Lynnieluve
naturallychelsea
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

naturallychelsea~ I can't believe I can cornow Pg 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: naturallychelsea~ I can't believe I can cornow Pg 2

Post by naturallychelsea 9th November 2010, 9:22 am

This morning I unravelled my twists and put my hair in a puff. Will post pics later but thus far I'M LOVING BEING NATURAL!!!! woot!
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

naturallychelsea~ I can't believe I can cornow Pg 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: naturallychelsea~ I can't believe I can cornow Pg 2

Post by Treece 9th November 2010, 2:32 pm

Congrats Chelsea on your BC. Smile
Treece
Treece

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 9th November 2010, 2:39 pm

congrats on your BC ... it's so liberating ... run
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 9th November 2010, 2:51 pm

Congratulations on your BC!! naturallychelsea~ I can't believe I can cornow Pg 2 - Page 2 617583

I cant wait to see your puff!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 9th November 2010, 3:37 pm

congrats, i know your curls look nice Laughing how long did you transition?
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by mizcreativelyme 9th November 2010, 3:58 pm

CONGRATS!!! cheers
mizcreativelyme
mizcreativelyme

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 9th November 2010, 6:40 pm

Thnx guys soo much.

Today I felt a little self conscience when I left the house but I thought about you guys and one day recreating your gorgeous hairstyles and I owned my hair. All of my friends loved it (especially the white ones who kept touching my hair).

Here are the pics of my puff:
naturallychelsea~ I can't believe I can cornow Pg 2 - Page 2 Dscf1816

naturallychelsea~ I can't believe I can cornow Pg 2 - Page 2 Dscf1817

naturallychelsea~ I can't believe I can cornow Pg 2 - Page 2 Dscf1818

naturallychelsea~ I can't believe I can cornow Pg 2 - Page 2 Dscf1823
I'm off to wash my hair and style it in an actual puff

Last edited by naturallychelsea on 9th November 2010, 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 9th November 2010, 7:08 pm

Congratulations on your BC and your twists look great! You'll feel more confident the more you wear them.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 9th November 2010, 9:32 pm

Good for you Chelsea!! cheers

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 9th November 2010, 9:49 pm

You got GREAT definition from your twist!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 9th November 2010, 10:25 pm

Awesome definition on that twistout!!
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 9th November 2010, 10:34 pm

Thnx for all the compliments guys!!! Very Happy

I've decided to leave this style in and see how long I can stretch it so pray for me I'm about to sleep on these gorgeous curls and try to revive it tomorrow. If the resuscitation works I plan to wash and style on Thursday.

What style do you guys think I should attempt?
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 11th November 2010, 6:46 pm

So I washed my hair yesterday with HE tousle me softly, conditioned with HEHH and used it as a leave in and applied shea to each section of hair generously before twisting it for maximum moisture retention. My twists were shiny and juicy even when I woke up this morning!

In the AM the unraveled twist were moist, shiny and boingy...but looks can be deceiving. When I began to fluff my defined twists immediately began to break apart in my hands. It may have been due to shea overload. So I did what every curly does in such a sitch- I puffed it. I then donned a scarf and walked around for a little to let the style set. When I took the scarf off I fell in love. It was a mixture of chunky parts and coils. This will be my staple style until I gain enough length for other styles.

N.B you have to enlarge the pics to really see what had me excited.
naturallychelsea~ I can't believe I can cornow Pg 2 - Page 2 Dscf1825

naturallychelsea~ I can't believe I can cornow Pg 2 - Page 2 Dscf1826

naturallychelsea~ I can't believe I can cornow Pg 2 - Page 2 Dscf1910

But here's a question for you ladies do you think bantu knots would work on my hair?
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 11th November 2010, 7:06 pm

Your hair really looks good Chelsea!!! Shouldn't be any reason you can't wear bantus and even bantu outs, if you want. Strut your stuff Chelsea Smile

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 15th November 2010, 12:43 am

thnx natural and I've been strutting it even in the Lord's house girl. I did one bantu knot in the back of my head and loved it but it took a while to dry and time is a luxury I cannot afford so I'll reserve this time for during the holidays.

naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Treece 15th November 2010, 12:21 pm

I like the Twist/puff. If they were still wet that could've been the reason they fell apart. Happened to me all the time when I was transitioning, but it made for a nice curly ponytail.
Treece
Treece

Back to top Go down

Post by laleepop14 15th November 2010, 2:58 pm

I would say go for the bantu knots... You have enough length to do it and I think a bantu knot out will look very cute. I love them, just beware if you plan to take down the next day that they are fully dry or it will be a disaster!!!

Your twist/twist puffs are soo very cute...LOL
laleepop14
laleepop14

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 15th November 2010, 4:40 pm

Chelsea,
Your hair looks great! It definitely can't hurt to try the bantus...make sure you post pics.

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 15th November 2010, 6:19 pm

@treece thnk you hun. Coming to think of it they were damp and I will have to keep that in mind next time

@laleepop14 thnx gurl and I've decided to hold out on the bantus until the holidays when I have nowhere to go and can leave them in for days at a time.

@LaToya28 I love the avi. Your hair looks just like mine!! Very Happy
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 15th November 2010, 6:50 pm

I can't believe it but I can cornrow my own hair. I didn't even think that I could. Yesterday I was at a loss as to what to do with my hair. I really didn't want my hair to be in puffs indefinitely especially as the weather is becoming increasingly worse. I started with flat twists and two stranded flat twists- neither of them worked. I was beginning to get frustrate but decided to try to cornrow and it worked!! Very Happy I'm so thrilled I was even able to create a design. And this was my first time doing my own hair OMG. But I don't think it would be fair for me to go on all day so here are the pics.

naturallychelsea~ I can't believe I can cornow Pg 2 - Page 2 Dscf1914

naturallychelsea~ I can't believe I can cornow Pg 2 - Page 2 Dscf1916

naturallychelsea~ I can't believe I can cornow Pg 2 - Page 2 Dscf1919

naturallychelsea~ I can't believe I can cornow Pg 2 - Page 2 Dscf1920
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 15th November 2010, 8:51 pm

You did a good job!!! Have you ever cornrowed someone else's hair before? It is super neat!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 15th November 2010, 8:54 pm

You did an awesome job! That looks hot! It's so neat!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Treece 15th November 2010, 8:55 pm

I am all kinds of jealous! I can never get mines look so crisp! It's beautiful girl! woot!
Treece
Treece

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 15th November 2010, 9:05 pm

Okay...You have been so holding out!! THAT IS TOO CUTE!! dance

You are doing a very good job with your hair. Congratulations on your BC and do know that you are off to a very good start!!

Keep up the good work!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 15th November 2010, 11:01 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:You did a good job!!! Have you ever cornrowed someone else's hair before? It is super neat!!
Thnx and no lyn, my younger sis wouldn't let me anywhere close to her hair to practice. And yahh I can multiquote!!

sweetdrk1 wrote:You did an awesome job! That looks hot! It's so neat!
thnx sweet and your puff is so huge... I want!

Treece wrote:I am all kinds of jealous! I can never get mines look so crisp! It's beautiful girl! woot!
thnx treece and I think the neatness has alot to do with my perfectionism. Each cornrow must have been done like three times Razz

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Okay...You have been so holding out!! THAT IS TOO CUTE!! dance

You are doing a very good job with your hair. Congratulations on your BC and do know that you are off to a very good start!!

Keep up the good work!!
thnx kinky and I'm only doing so well thnx to all you lovely ladies being such great examples. So to all you divas out there thank you.
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum