CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UGHH! Help please!!

+7
naturallychelsea
BigLipTiff
ladykay6
pretty,Pleaseee
Naturally Esq
mrsrenaissance
krissyc39
11 posters

Go down

UGHH! Help please!! Empty UGHH! Help please!!

Post by krissyc39 4th October 2010, 1:12 pm

I'm almost in my 6th month of transitioning and I don't like my hair anymore :/

Scratch that: love my new growth, hate the two textures! It's like I can't even blend them anymore because my new growth is so much thicker than my texturized ends. Recently I've been feeling like I have to choose between thick and frizzy or thin and lifeless.

Does anyone have any advice to better deal with the two textures?? I have medium thickness, 4a/3c hair and normally do a bantu knot out. Please don't suggest a big chop, it's almost winter and I NEED my hair
krissyc39
krissyc39

Back to top Go down

UGHH! Help please!! Empty Re: UGHH! Help please!!

Post by mrsrenaissance 4th October 2010, 2:35 pm

I think it was around 6-8 mths when it became more challenging for me too. My hair started to get so tangled. Deep conditioning helped alot! Have you tried braidouts? They camouflage the 2 textures really well for me.
mrsrenaissance
mrsrenaissance

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 4th October 2010, 3:01 pm

It seems like every month of transitioning is difficult, because each stage of growth has challenges. Have you tried rolling just the relaxed ends on straws or rods?
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by pretty,Pleaseee 4th October 2010, 3:15 pm

although I haven't tried them yet , I heard that doing flat twist outs will blend the two textures together
pretty,Pleaseee
pretty,Pleaseee

http://helloprettyy.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ladykay6 4th October 2010, 8:46 pm

Im at my 16th month of transition and it seems like the more I DC the easier it gets... I also cut about 3 inches recently and it has made it much more manageable without the excess relaxed ends..

Im honestly just ready to BC... if you can still call it that after 16 months lol
ladykay6
ladykay6

Back to top Go down

Post by BigLipTiff 4th October 2010, 8:51 pm

I'm almost 8 months in and flex irods and buns have been my friend!
BigLipTiff
BigLipTiff

Back to top Go down

Post by BigLipTiff 4th October 2010, 8:53 pm

Ladykay6, 16 MONTHS?!?! Giiiirlll you inspire me. I hope to get that far. Seems like it took me forever to get this far. I'm enjoying my journey though...
BigLipTiff
BigLipTiff

Back to top Go down

Post by krissyc39 4th October 2010, 10:14 pm

@ mrsrenaissance I tried braid outs when I was earlier into my transition. I liked them a lot but my hair never looked as big as when I did bantu knot-outs so I started doing that instead

@ Naturallyesq forgot to mention, my hair is texturized, so the ends are basically a looser version of my curl. Most of my hair is like this: 3-4 inches of new growth, 4 inches of straight/wavy hair and 2 inches of a looser version of my natural hair. The ends usually curl regardless, its just the ridiculous combination of hair textures that's annoying me ><

@ ladykay I'm going to try a deep conditioning treatment with steam this weekend Very Happy I'm heard that the steam really weighs down your hair, and i think it might help with the blending of the textures

16 months?? Good Lord, I admire your patience!
krissyc39
krissyc39

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 4th October 2010, 10:55 pm

I have the same prob but ure lucky all these styles work with your hair. Nothing looks good but a ponytail or two. Every other style only highlights the fact that my relaxed ends are fine; my natural roots hold the style beautifully then my relaxd ends just hang loosely and like you I NEED the hair cuz it gets cold here in Canada Sad but yh dc religiously and moisturise often.
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 4th October 2010, 11:20 pm

It will be 8 months for me next week and for styles with the hair down, I have found flat twists on wet hair and flexirod sets to be attractive. You have to make sure to be gentle with detangling come wash day though!. Both styles provide multiple day hair, especially the flexirod set. I use the flexirods on my ends when I do flat twists. When the styles begin to look a little "worn," just finish the week with updos.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallyu 4th October 2010, 11:30 pm

you can try a rodset with permrods or flexirods. The rods blend the two textures nicely and the style last for about a week.
naturallyu
naturallyu

Back to top Go down

Post by ladykay6 5th October 2010, 11:03 am

It is deff a process... but as long as you keep your ends trimmed and well moisturized you should have minimal damage and healthy new growth... I'm growing tried of the 2 textures though .. so I'll soon be chop chop chopping !
ladykay6
ladykay6

Back to top Go down

Post by krissyc39 5th October 2010, 4:52 pm

@ kinkycurlycoily how long have you been transistioning?

@ naturallyu I havent' been able to get a style to last longer than a day! Maybe two days looks okayish but I'm a crazy sleeper and my day 2 hair always looks a mess Sad

Last edited by krissyc39 on 5th October 2010, 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
krissyc39
krissyc39

Back to top Go down

Post by krissyc39 5th October 2010, 5:05 pm

I did a (improvised) steam treatment last night! I drenched my hair with water and used a conditioner/oil mix and a warm towel to cover my hair. When I finished I noticed my hair was a little looser but a lot softer but idk where the moisture went cause my hair wasn't wet anymore. scratch

I also tried smaller sections last night and I love the results! Usually i would do 8-10 but i did around 15 and my it looked a lot better today Smile I'm scared to let this style last past today but it's too time consuming to be doing this every day "/
krissyc39
krissyc39

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 5th October 2010, 6:42 pm

krissyc39 I've been transitioning for 10 long months
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 5th October 2010, 8:46 pm

krissyc39 wrote:I'm almost in my 6th month of transitioning and I don't like my hair anymore :/

Scratch that: love my new growth, hate the two textures! It's like I can't even blend them anymore because my new growth is so much thicker than my texturized ends. Recently I've been feeling like I have to choose between thick and frizzy or thin and lifeless.

Does anyone have any advice to better deal with the two textures?? I have medium thickness, 4a/3c hair and normally do a bantu knot out. Please don't suggest a big chop, it's almost winter and I NEED my hair

Twists on wet hair and flexirod sets are the answer for blending the 2 textures. The combination of the Kimmaytube conditioner and pineappling at night has gained me 3 and 4 day hair. I am about 5 days short of being an 8 month transitioner. I lightly spritz in the morning and apply a little Jane Carter Nourish and Shine or EVCO at night or Donna Marie Super Butter Creme. I have no intention of doing a BC unless something drastic happens like experiencing some major damage or something unforeseen. I sleep on a satin pillowcase. The scarf does not work for me. My hair only gets flattened and I don't like to feel free when I sleep. Hope this helps!

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by molove87 6th October 2010, 12:46 am

@krissyc39 I have a hard time getting my hair to last past a day or two also, but like yourself I'm a hard sleeper. My hair will come out ok on one side and not so lovely on the other.. that's if the scarf stayed on.

@naturalnolagirl1900 when I tried to pineapple and I looked like Don King the next morning lol! so do you have any other suggestions? I think my hair too short? I don't know I'm still figuring this out.
molove87
molove87

Back to top Go down

Post by krissyc39 6th October 2010, 1:30 pm

kinkycurlycoily wrote:krissyc39 I've been transitioning for 10 long months
wow, that's awesome! I had initially planned to do a bc after a year but I'm at 6 months and shrinkage makes me look like I'm at 3 months Sad
:sigh: I might have to go back to my original 18 months of transitioning

@naturalnolagirl1900 pinappling = nice roots but horribly straight (ish) ends. Is there a hair length requirement?? In a curly style my hair barely catches up at the top of my head...and i can't flat twist Sad
krissyc39
krissyc39

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 6th October 2010, 7:06 pm

@krissyc39 that's my goal too 18 months. By June I'll b able to do my wash and goes for summer can't wait Smile
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 6th October 2010, 7:47 pm

krissyc39 wrote:I did a (improvised) steam treatment last night! I drenched my hair with water and used a conditioner/oil mix and a warm towel to cover my hair. When I finished I noticed my hair was a little looser but a lot softer but idk where the moisture went cause my hair wasn't wet anymore. scratch

I also tried smaller sections last night and I love the results! Usually i would do 8-10 but i did around 15 and my it looked a lot better today Smile I'm scared to let this style last past today but it's too time consuming to be doing this every day "/

That's a good thing. That mean your hair absorbed the product.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by krissyc39 7th October 2010, 12:56 pm

@kinkycurlycoily

I wanted to do 18 months because I realize how crazy my shrinkage is but I also really wanted to cut my hair for spring break (1 year). I'm planning on going to Miami and I don't want to deal with the two textures everyday.. If I find a short hairstyle that I like that won't make me look like a child I might do it earlier Very Happy

@LynnieLuve

Really? haha that makes sense! So does the heat allow the products to penetrate the hair shaft? I thought the oil molecule was too big to do that
krissyc39
krissyc39

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down