CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

irritated..sum1 plz help??

+3
NhappyJackie
DreamMerchant
Lynnieluve
7 posters

Go down

irritated..sum1 plz help?? Empty irritated..sum1 plz help??

Post by Guest 3rd October 2010, 9:00 pm

evrybodii is talkn about seal this, seal that and buying certain products for the hair. i just recently went natural and i'm pretty sure majority of the ppl on here have seen my story or my commentz about my hair. i condition almost evryday w/ hello hydration and i wash evry now and then or when i feel the need 2 b/c i don't use many products at all; hardly any. i am really fed up w/ my hair and wish i nevr did the b/c but u can't turn bacc time so i'm just like oh well Rolling Eyes idk guess i wuz tired of my hair @ the time??? ne way um i don't really have a hair regimen and i nevr really have. i have 4a type hair i guess in a lil frizzy, curly twa and i wear weave now b/c i'm unhappy w/ my hair length. I did the bc bacc in July this year and it's probably only grown a 1/2 inch idk. i'm glad i'm natural, but would b happier if my hair wuz mayb 5 inches longer?? i hear bout ppl puttn' diff things in their head and leavin in regular conditioner as a leave-in to keep hair moisturized. this whole "natural hair" thing is verrrrryyy overwhelming b/c i juss feel like i'm obligat'd 2 do soooo much & i juss really don undrstand my hair Mad but ne way right now i'm sticking to the weavez until my hair grows more...btw this is my 2nd bc..any help ne one?? confused

Back to top Go down

irritated..sum1 plz help?? Empty Re: irritated..sum1 plz help??

Post by Lynnieluve 3rd October 2010, 9:19 pm

I know the wealth of information available can be overwhelming. But know that it's really simple. I know you are not happy with your currently length but try to enjoy it. This is the time when caring for your hair will be the most simple.

My regimen when I first BC'd was

- shampoo once a month
- cowash (wash hair with conditioner) 1-2x a week
- deep condition 1x a week

Products I used

VO5 Moisture Milks Strawberry and Creams conditioner/HE Hello Hydration to cowash

Creme of Nature Shampoo to shampoo

I would deep condition with ORS Replenishing Pak or EVOO/EVCO combo

Giovanni Direct Leave In and coconut oil

That's it. Of course I tried a ton of other things but this was all I really needed.

If you like to define your curls, you could add a gel after applying the leave in and oil but that's it.

When you hair gets longer, it require more but it can still be simple.

I hope this helps and don't give up.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 3rd October 2010, 11:29 pm

Slow down....take a deep breath and just breathe! There are some questions your need to ask yourself and then answer them.
1. What are you trying to achieve with your hair? A certain length? Overall healthy Hair?

2. How much time can you dedicate to your hair? It does take time to know your new hair. There are videos, books, articles and tons of forums. Read them just to gain hair knowledge. Not to copy what other people use for their hair. It may take a while until you find that poduct that is just for you. It took me well over a year to find the products that my hair likes. I still have not perfected it and that is ok!
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4th October 2010, 4:46 pm

Thank y'all 4 all of the advice Smile I appreciate all of it.....right now i condition my hair when i feel the need...mayb 3 times uh week and i don't shampoo as much; i guess when i feel the need b/c i have scalp problemz but ne way um thas about it. i just don't really try to do much else to my hair b/c it already seems like it doesn't want to grow Rolling Eyes lol

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 4th October 2010, 6:16 pm

OMG, I am sure many women felt the same way after their BC. I did!!! But heres the thing, natural hair is fun anf freeing. Don't get caught up in the look, style, or lenght of hair, but get caught up in making your hair naturally healthy.
& Like Lynnieluv said, this really is the time when you hair care is really simple. At your length, I co-washed 2-3times a week with Garnier Fructise, my leave-in was Cantu Shea-butter, sealed with jojoba and sweet almond oil, and used a little bit of shea butter to slick my edges. And I shampoo'ed about 1/month. That's all I did for about 3 months. That simple routine slowly changed over time but is still mainly the same but with protective styles. I only co-wash about 1/week now and use a different leave-in but the same oils.

Gathering knowledge is gret, but don't let it overwhelm you. At the end of the day, all you need is a good conditioner and some oil.
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5th October 2010, 5:52 pm

ty 4 ur help....much appreciated Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by rubylouisedesigns 15th October 2010, 6:34 pm

Indidiiamond wrote:Thank y'all 4 all of the advice Smile I appreciate all of it.....right now i condition my hair when i feel the need...mayb 3 times uh week and i don't shampoo as much; i guess when i feel the need b/c i have scalp problemz but ne way um thas about it. i just don't really try to do much else to my hair b/c it already seems like it doesn't want to grow Rolling Eyes lol

Hey Indidiiamond I applaud you on your BC cheers like they said above breathe... lol What you can do is use various protective styles to distract yourself from the shock and frustration of your hair length...
Think to the old saying " A watched pot never boils" you kinda have to treat your hair that way too. That way after 6months you'll see the actual growth
rubylouisedesigns
rubylouisedesigns

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 15th October 2010, 8:21 pm

Its all about finding what works for you. What works for other ppl won't always work for you, even if you have the same hair texture. Thats one thing to keep in mind. And a lot of the time, the simpler your regimen, the better. Once you find a shampoo, conditioner, oil/oils, leave in , moisturizer and DC that work for you, thats all you need. Just make sure you stick to YOUR budget and what your YOUR hair likes. It takes time to learn these things, but once you get it, its so much easier. While your wearing weaves, research some of the questions you have and then try to develop a potential regimen in your head that you can try and stick to once you take the weave out.

Hope this helps.
Ebbz
Ebbz

https://www.facebook.com/ekragin or www.twitter.com/TRUELIFE_ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by fanmnatirel 16th October 2010, 12:40 am

if you have enough length, just get some kinky twists..
that definitely helps me when i get frustrated or am short of time because of school or work...
fanmnatirel
fanmnatirel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16th October 2010, 6:40 pm

ty 4 the info and advice everyone..it is much appreciated Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Koily_K-Lo 17th October 2010, 9:34 pm

There is a ton of awesome advice here, but Ebbz says it best. "...it's all abut finding what's best for you."

When I 1st bc'd , I felt like I was neglecting my hair a compared to what everyone else was doing to theirs. I spent FAR less time and used FAR less products on m hair. I even tried to do more and use more and I still was not happy. It took me 5 months to find a "regimen" and products that work for me.

So now, what do I do? 1st of all, let me say, I am LAZY AS HECK when it comes to my hair. LESS is truly more fore me!! So this is the part where a lot of our sisters will probably cringe and hide their heads from this very reply!!!

..... 1st of all, I am NOT an ingredients person. I use whatever my hair likes and accepts in it, and trust me, my hair is quite feisty and has a mind of her own....

......2nd, I wash it, moisturize, deep condition it, etc whenever I feel like it and/or it needs it.

I am super gentle with the detangling process (big tender headed sissy that I am) and I usually wear a wash and go curly fro/do/whatever with a giant head band. Other than that, I'm in 2 strand twist (that start as a plait) and as of late, I have fallen in love with twist extensions when I'm SUPER Lazy and don't want to do a darn thing with my hair ( I did say I was lazy!!!)

Since my big chop (to boy short with a bad a** fade in the back!!) just over 1 yr ago, my hair is now a wonderfully healthy 9 1/4 inches !!!!! I just had the ends trimmed and believe it or not, the lady said my hair barely needed it.

My point is this.... I use whatever makes my hair happy, natural, not so natural, and whatever else I can get my hands on. At first (the first 9 months or so) I manipulated my hair all the time and had MAD CRAZY growth. Then I let it rest in twists for a total of 2 months and still had crazy growth.

So my best advice to you, is this: take bits and pieces of info that you come across until you have all of the pieces you need to make your own "hair puzzle" No need for frustration. You've already stepped out and bc'd, now continue to step and be you and find out what your hair likes and doesn't like. Have fun with the "experiments and test" and see what results you get.

Okay.... sorry this is so long. I would like to see a pic of your hair though. You could always send it in a MP if you don't want to share it here. I promise not to share it with anyone else.

Good luck..... Hang in there...... but most importantly, EMBRACE THE BEAUTY OF YOU AND YOUR HAIR and have fun with it...............
Koily_K-Lo
Koily_K-Lo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum