CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finally ready to do it!!

3 posters

Go down

Finally ready to do it!! Empty Finally ready to do it!!

Post by apple211 3rd October 2010, 6:52 pm

My last perm was about 2 months ago and I decided that I was going to keep going with getting back natural. My hair grows fairly fast and I Have about a 1.5in of new growth. I love digging my fingers in it to feel the soft wavy stuff on my scalp Smile I am so excited! I can already see me with a head full of it. I feel relieved, revived, renewed and so stoked! about my upcoming experiences, good and bad. Yay!! for me. So if there is any advice that anyone can give me, I am an open book. My only caution is; I have naturally red hair that stays dry so I need a lot of help with maintaining my thick non-perm mane. Other than that I am so ready!!!

HELP!!!!!!!!

apple211

Back to top Go down

Finally ready to do it!! Empty Re: Finally ready to do it!!

Post by Lynnieluve 3rd October 2010, 6:55 pm

Congratulations on your decision to go natural. There is a curly on this forum named, "Whosthatredhead" Look her up. She can give you some info.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by SwirlyCurls90 3rd October 2010, 7:22 pm

Just a few pieces of advice I wish I had known when I began: if you're planning on doing the bc, make sure you're READY. I had long hair all my life and when i bc'd, even though I was loving my little curly fro, I wasn't prepared for peoples reactions. I did the Miss Jessie's grow out challenge on naturallycurly.com and someone posted on my challenge page that she never knew what an emotional journey going natural would be. I can confidently say that she was absolutely correct. Be prepared for the good, the bad, and the ugly. Oh, and have fun! p.s. you said you can already see yourself with a head full of natural hair. Beware: your hair during transition can look completely different than your hair when you chop. The weight of your relaxed hair can stretch out your curls and so your hair it a lot curlier when you cut all the relaxer out, even if you transition a long time. However it turns out, embrace it!! Going natural is something you won't regret. For moisture, I love Miss Jessie's Baby Buttercreme or Curly Buttercreme. Expensive, but for me, nothing else works as well. Also, seal in moisture with oils and try the no-poo method.
I would recommend going cold turkey and not straightening your hair until you reach significant length. Curls behave really differently when they aren't straightened ever.
Keep that enthusiasm!
Happy transitioning Smile

SwirlyCurls90

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down