CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New ToTransitioning!

2 posters

Go down

New ToTransitioning! Empty New ToTransitioning!

Post by cocolocks:) 21st November 2009, 3:39 pm

Ok...i have been transtioning for about 3 months. I am 15 and I only had a perm for a year. I would like to know which products have worked for past transitioners. Right now i am transitioning with a protective style of cornrows. The braids are redone every week and are braided every loosely to prevent stress along the hairline. Planning to transition for about a year and eventually get the BC done by summer. My hair type is in the 4 range: ( Its tightly coiled and has a s- shape to it). So far I've been using the Taliah Waajid Line which consists of the Herbal clenser, Shampoo, and Bodifying Mist Spray. For regular conditioner I have been using the Organix Tea Tree and Peppermint and for deep conditioner the ORS Deep Replenshing Pak Formula but its in the bottle intead of the pak. So far i have experienced a lot of danduff and dryness which ive always had but it seems to come back faster after my wash day..u can see the dryness and flakes by the next day:/....So if anyone has any suggestions im totally up for hearing them! thanks:)
cocolocks:)

Back to top Go down

New ToTransitioning! Empty Re: New ToTransitioning!

Post by cocolocks:) 21st November 2009, 3:54 pm

ohh also i forgot to mention i been experiencing a lot of shedding at the root...could it be coming from the ors replenshing conditioner? I have heard in the past that its a light protein conditioner. I just added to my routine..tell me what u think? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 2nd December 2009, 12:36 pm

Hi Deldreweliza,

I've been transitioning for about 14 mos and I wore weaves. I started with partial weaves but got tired of perming my front hairline so I progressed to full weaves. I recently took out my last installment and don't plan on getting another weave until March 2010. I co-washed and kept my braids and sides moisturized with braid sprays, H2O/glycerin mixtures and sealed with carrier oils like sweet almond and olive oil. I used moisturizing conditioners(VO5, Motions) w/o sulfates and always did a baking soda rinse prior to washing my hair with shampoo. I still co-wash with VO5 but I use Carol's Daughter's Black Vanilla Hair Smoothie for DCs only.

Perhaps you need to incorporate these types of conditioners and use the protein treatments when needed. Use leave-in treatments after you rinse and make sure to detangle from the ends and work your way up. I use a Denmann brush for this. If your hair tangles, just apply more leave-in conditioner to add slip and remove the knot. I used to experience a dry scalp when I wore perms and have added tea tree oil to my moisturizers, conditioners to relieve this problem.

I hope I didn't overwhelm you. Just be consistent and patient. We're all here for you at CN.com. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by cocolocks:) 2nd December 2009, 6:55 pm

thank you i will follow ur suggestions! what kinda of braid sprays have you been using or like so far? im using the african pride one but my hair doesnt seem to like it and ive been searching for a good one for quite a while so if you have any suggestions let me know:) and no you didnt overwhelm:)Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 3rd December 2009, 11:00 am

I've also been using African Pride's Braid Sheen Spray with peppermint and tea tree oil. I just add extra drops of the two oils to relieve my itchy scalp.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by cocolocks:) 3rd December 2009, 7:23 pm

ok i will try that thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum