CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Student Banned from Homecoming Event because of his hair

+5
Naturalin2010
NhappyJackie
mverde3
Umph
Lynnieluve
9 posters

Go down

Student Banned from Homecoming Event because of his hair Empty Student Banned from Homecoming Event because of his hair

Post by Lynnieluve 23rd September 2010, 9:06 am

When I saw this story this morning, I was like, "Here we go again!" This doesnt make any sense to me!! It's just ridiculous!!!!

http://www.wapt.com/news/25124652/detail.html
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Student Banned from Homecoming Event because of his hair Empty Re: Student Banned from Homecoming Event because of his hair

Post by Umph 23rd September 2010, 9:33 am

You're right, 'here we go again'
Umph
Umph

Back to top Go down

Student Banned from Homecoming Event because of his hair Empty Re: Student Banned from Homecoming Event because of his hair

Post by mverde3 23rd September 2010, 10:33 am

I co-sign with both of you ladies. It's a shame Neutral
mverde3
mverde3

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 23rd September 2010, 11:07 am

A mess, I would be all up in that dance.....locks and all.
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturalin2010 23rd September 2010, 2:50 pm

*speechless* SMDH No
Naturalin2010
Naturalin2010

http://kaynatural1.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 23rd September 2010, 3:08 pm

That is ridiculous. There's no written policy, but they are banning a certain hairstyle that mainly blacks wear? C'mon now!
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 23rd September 2010, 5:40 pm

Thats when i call the family attorney's and ahhhhhh sue hey he can get money for school if he choose to go. I just think that in the south some school come up with the stupidest stuff to satisfy themselves and their benefits. They should have to pay for his tux and anything else that he had purchased for the event. plus give him compensation for they insult and time wasted. let you ladies said here we go again
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyNMixed 23rd September 2010, 5:50 pm

That's insane. I hope his family continues to pursue it!
CurlyNMixed
CurlyNMixed

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur 23rd September 2010, 5:56 pm

I'm not surprised by this at all. People see natural hair and think "militant", "gangsta", "dealer", or "thug". For instance, one of the comments left at the end read: "Hey there's nothing wrong with him wearing his hair like that", but followed up with: "If he wants to walk around looking like a Jamaican drug lord then that's him!" Sad, but that's the good ole mentality.
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down