CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Twist out pics and disaster . . .

+2
Madeaj
Kez
6 posters

Go down

My Twist out pics and disaster . . . Empty My Twist out pics and disaster . . .

Post by Kez 17th September 2010, 4:25 am

Hey ladies,
So last night, I did a Clarifying wash, then I followed by hello hydration as hair felt quit dry, after that, I used Naked (amazing) Shea Butter and Coconut Condish (97% Nautural Products!), then after a new product by Organix, Coconut Milk (though looked like Serum) Heated Treatment, amazing you apply and it warms up as soon as you work into hair - left if for 5mins (reccommended was 3-5mins), then rinsed (1st condish warm water to keep cuticles open for treatment, then treatment cold rinse!).
I detangled during 1st Condish and once i was all done, gently wrapped in towel for 15mins, then added Organix Coconut Serum for hel against breakage, then Dark and Lovely moistire cream (in sections) and also Boots Curl Cream, again in my sections and then did approx 14-15 2strand twists...i had to pin roots and band bottoms as my hair doesnt hold twists/braids without bands.
I left in from 6.30pm til 7am this morning, before removing i added a little more Dark and Lovely Moisturing Cream, and gently unraveled, fluffed up. . . and then oh Dear ..... results...
straggly mess!! I have had to throw head scarf on, but i still look hideous but i had minutes til i had to be at work - so do you think cos my ends are still permed straight it doesnt work as well, or do some styles just not work on people? 2strand twist knots worked best, lasted 5days, braids only couple days and this, just not good - should i try on damp hair instead of more wet?

Thanks ladies
(i'll add pics but its not letting me at present)

xxxxx

this morning
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

again

then the final (awful result - has been fluffed more since and is shaped better, but still baddd!)
(My poor coleagues, luckily, I sit in my own office teehee!)

Last edited by Kez on 17th September 2010, 5:01 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding pics)
Kez
Kez

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=537223131

Back to top Go down

My Twist out pics and disaster . . . Empty Re: My Twist out pics and disaster . . .

Post by Madeaj 17th September 2010, 10:26 am

Hi Kez

I have a friend with hair like yours. For a long time we tried to do the same thing with her hair that I (4a/b with some 3c thrown in for confusion) did with my hair. The results were not too good. Trial and error.

Her hair responds better to a twist and curl. We used two or three flat twist on semi dry hair with a little jojoba or sesame oil rubbed in your hands. We used strips of silk fabric I had and curled the ends. Sesame oil and Jojoba oil are light oils but moisturizing. rubbing them in your hands means you won't get your hair too oily and the oil is good for your hands too. Very Happy

Two flat twists on the top of her head when her hair got longer, but when her hair was above the shoulder three, two on the sides and one on top worked better.
Madeaj
Madeaj

Back to top Go down

My Twist out pics and disaster . . . Empty Re: My Twist out pics and disaster . . .

Post by BajanPrincess82 17th September 2010, 10:50 am

Maybe you should try flat twists, twist your hair in smaller sections, and/or use a product that has more hold (like a gel or something). Also, since your ends are straight you can use a roller/perm rod on the ends to curl them up. At least that way your ends won't be stick straight.
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by Kez 17th September 2010, 10:53 am

Hey Madeaj & Bajan Princess

Thanks for that, I will practise more and try flat twists too - just not on an eve when i'll be going somewhere in public the next day lol!
I have salavged it today a tad by bunging it up in a messy bun at back, leaving just a few tressles at front - much better.
I have our 3yr wedding anniversary coming up next week and we decided to have a party some i'm going to have a busy week making sure i can get a style pinned for that! (I hope!)
Have a nice weekend, and thanks xxx
Kez
Kez

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 17th September 2010, 11:02 am

I would suggest a twist n curl. You will have better results.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Kez 17th September 2010, 11:24 am

Thanks Lynnieluve, I have just bought some Flexi rods, so will give that a go - i'm excited to try all these out . . .so much to learn though for a newbie, in regards to what products to use for what etc...overload!!
Wink
xxx
Kez
Kez

Back to top Go down

Post by krissyc39 19th September 2010, 2:33 am

Your twists look really loose. Try twisting a little tighter.
krissyc39
krissyc39

Back to top Go down

Post by Kez 19th September 2010, 5:17 am

Hey krissy,
I did tied tight but they didn't stay web with bands and grips but my hair isn't course enough at present to grip and stay put like it used to so will do with rods xx thanks x
Kez
Kez

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeaj 19th September 2010, 10:38 am

Hi Kez

For your hair, a smooth loose twist is better than a tight twist. You are trying to get your straight ends to match your curly new growth, right? It looks like your natural hair has a loose curl. When you put the rods on the ends, make sure to use the bigger rod and concider how your hair curls and try to recreate it on the straight ends.

You could try a braid and curl, but use only a few braids (3 or 4) on mostly dry hair. Use the rods on the ends and make sure to smooth the hair as your braid. Make sure the braid kind of follow the pattern that you want your finished hair to follow.
Madeaj
Madeaj

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 19th September 2010, 1:07 pm

I would like to add that you need a gel or setting lotion for hold, especially for the relaxed ends.
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by Kez 19th September 2010, 3:46 pm

Hi ladies,
Many thanks, lots of tips to help me out and try.
Thank you xx
Kez
Kez

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down