CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AfroVeda Shea Amla??

3 posters

Go down

AfroVeda Shea Amla?? Empty AfroVeda Shea Amla??

Post by makeupvixen 16th September 2010, 10:50 pm

How are you ladies using your AfroVeda Shea Amla Butter??

I don't like using it on my hair when it's wet because it makes it feel like straw. So I rinsed it out and waited for my hiar to get a lil dry, well damp, then I added a little to it. I put my hair in a high PineApple (see taren916) and a bonnet on. This morning it was kind of soft but my ends were dry, not like when I use Qhemet Amla and Olive, or KBB Hair Cream. So it's my take that AfroVeda is more for people that are going twists and such at night then wearing their hair out in the morning, or just doing twists.

I had to add shea butter and oil to my ends to stop it from breaking off.

So today I tried it a third time and still my hair isn't responding to it like i want it to. I had to add another butter (Hemp Butter Cream from Etsy.com) to it in order for my hair to take it.

Is there anyone using AfroVeda Shea Amla as a wash and go or wearing it out without put twists in first? Just trying to figure this one out, it took forever with Kinky Curly with me and I still don't like them, hope AfroVeda isn't another bust for me.
makeupvixen
makeupvixen

http://makeupvixen.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

AfroVeda Shea Amla?? Empty Re: AfroVeda Shea Amla??

Post by kinksncurls 17th September 2010, 9:15 pm

I only use afroveda shea alma to twist/ braid my hair, and I really like it a lot (although I think I may have found something that I like better finally, but have to give it a few more try's first before I can be sure). I use it when my hair is partially damp to do my braids and twists, and it leaves my hair really soft.
I've never just used it for a wash and go.
kinksncurls
kinksncurls

Back to top Go down

Post by makeupvixen 18th September 2010, 12:17 am

Thanks. I think that it's more for doing a style than what I need it to do.

I did just try it on damp hair with QB Olive and Honey Balm and I'm like it much better. I just I can't use this Shea Amla alone, got to mix it with something.

Oh and I tried it cold. It helped to seal my hair cuticles and I guess my hair like it better with the cold cream. Starting to finally get a better handle on how to use it.

Thanks
makeupvixen
makeupvixen

http://makeupvixen.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalnat 30th September 2010, 6:40 pm

I use the Shea Amla on my twists and I swear by it. I use it on wet hair, after I have applied my leave in conditioner and coconut oil. I then twist with the Shea Amla and seal my ends with Castor Oil & Jojoba Oil.
Hope that helps.
naturalnat
naturalnat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down