CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Am I the only one

2 posters

Go down

Am I the only one Empty Am I the only one

Post by curlykinkynfrizzy 15th September 2010, 6:23 pm

that does WnGs? I love twistouts but lately I haven't had time to do them the way I like (which would be lots of twists bc anything less looks scalpy on my fine hair). So I do wngs at least 2x a week and bun on the other days. I have breakage doing this and my hair doesn't really get dry. I would love to hear your regimens for those that do wash a go. What's your technique, products used? Do you plop, air dry or diffuse? And most importantly how are you getting 2nd day (and beyond) hair?
curlykinkynfrizzy
curlykinkynfrizzy

Back to top Go down

Am I the only one Empty Re: Am I the only one

Post by Takeya 15th September 2010, 7:59 pm

I do W-n-G's almost all the time because I haven't mastered many other styles. My routine isn't rigid but I always co-wash with a moisturizing conditioner; either HEHH, Organix Coconut Milk, or YTCucumbers. Then detangle and rinse with cold water all with my hair in 4-6 sections. Afterwards, I apply more conditioner in sections (YTCucumbers or Giovanni, lately) until my hair feels slick. Then I add some Vatika or Olive oil before I apply the styler. If I want tame hair, I use gel; KCCC or HE Set Me Up. If I want big hair, I'll add Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie. Usually I can only get 2nd day hair with the gel and pineappling. I really think the key to preventing tangles and breakage is tons of moisture and gentle detangling. Hope that helps!
Takeya
Takeya

http://www.justtakeya.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by curlykinkynfrizzy 15th September 2010, 9:08 pm

Takeya thanks for your response! I don't really have any tangles either & no breakage but I guess I need help my frizzy crown. I cowash with Suave tropical coconut & use GF sleek & shine as my leave in under ecostyler olive oil gel. I've also had good results using the suave as a leave in & Curls whipped cream under ecostyler olive oil gel. But its really time consuming to "shingle" and do such small sections. Plus I feel like I'm separating my curls too much. I like my clumps lol. I actually like to just smooth product over larger sections of my hair so maybe I should take a page out of your book & try 5 or 6 sections.
curlykinkynfrizzy
curlykinkynfrizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum