CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dry w/ no Shine!!!

3 posters

Go down

Dry w/ no Shine!!!  Empty Dry w/ no Shine!!!

Post by Tiffers 12th September 2010, 11:58 pm

Help! Mad I am 6 months post!.. My hair is dry w/ absolutely no shine. No matter how much moisture it has no shine. When I use gel to try and sleek my hair back I get nothing just dry. Please help if you know how I can fix this bounce

Tiffers

Back to top Go down

Dry w/ no Shine!!!  Empty Re: Dry w/ no Shine!!!

Post by Naturally Esq 13th September 2010, 12:14 am

Gels are very drying unless you use a leave in or EVCO/EVOO underneath.

What is your hair type? What products are you using, how and when?

1. Make sure that your shampoo and conditioners are sulfate free.
2. DC at least once a week.
3. Make sure that you balance moisture and protein in your products. Here is the link to a good article with a hair test at the end: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/278612/the_fine_art_of_protein_and_moisture.html?singlepage=true&cat=69
4. Natural hair does not shine but it does have a sheen. EVCO gives my hair a sheen.

I have 4a/b fine textured hair that loves protein. I use Giovanni Products that can be bought at Whole Foods, Target, Walmart, CVS, Pharmaca, and health food stores. Once a week, I use Giovanni Smooth As Silk (SAS) Deeper Moisture Shampoo to poo, SAS Deeper Moisture Conditioner and Reconstructor to DC, SAS Xtreme Protein Infusion or Direct Leave In as my leave in, I set my hair with Giovanni Natural Mousse Hair Styling Foam and/or Giovanni LA Natural Style Gel. I seal with Shea Moisture Curl Smoothie or EVCO or castor oil. When I need a moisture boost I use Vatika oil.

HTH
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14th September 2010, 11:59 pm

so I'm guessing Eco Styler Olive Oil gel is bad as well??? Hmmmm...idk but I have plans to check out Vatika Coconut Oil and um MOP natural haircare line Smile my hair needs alot of moisture as well Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiffers 15th September 2010, 12:01 am

I hardly shampoo but when I do I use Sulfate free. I do DC every week maybe I need to up my protein washes. I rarely do them only when I remember that I haven't done it in a while. Thanks for replying to me.

Tiffers

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallyu 18th September 2010, 12:12 am

These are some of the steps I follow when creating a bun or ponytail and it helps eliminate dryness:
1. spray water or leave in conditioner on the hair
2. place oil on top of the water or leave in conditioner
3. place gel on top of the oil
4. tie down with scarf
Aloe vera gel for my buns or ponytails work the best for me. It is very cost effective, aloe is great for hair growth, and it works to retain moisture in the hair.

Hope this helps. Very Happy
naturallyu
naturallyu

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiffers 19th September 2010, 12:15 am

Thanks I will try Very Happy

Tiffers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down