CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New York Dermatologist

4 posters

Go down

New York Dermatologist Empty New York Dermatologist

Post by reggiestr 10th September 2010, 5:09 pm

Does anyone know of a good dermatologist in the New York area? I would like to get my scalp checked out. I hear Dr. Debra Simmons is great. But her office has been closed for the past two months due to illness.

reggiestr

Back to top Go down

New York Dermatologist Empty Re: New York Dermatologist

Post by BeautifullyFree 21st September 2010, 2:16 am

I'm actually looking for a black dermatologist (preferrably) for skin acne...i went to see 1 recently (white lady) who was SO RACIST i mean it wasnt even funny...she scribbled a prescription out(which i will never in life fill) without asking me any questions or anything so please help if anyone knows of any black dermatologist or atleast a really good 1
BeautifullyFree
BeautifullyFree

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimmie0810 4th October 2010, 8:45 pm

Dr. Rosemarie Ingleton. She is phenomenal. I used to take the Amtrak from Richmond, VA to NYC to see her b/c she's THAT good. She is thorough & knowledgable. She contributes to Essence magazine, but I found her thru a referral from a friend who she treated for severe acne. Appointments aren't difficult to get & there's minimal waiting. Plus she is FLY!! LOL! I love her style: from her beautiful natural hair to her shoe game.

http://www.ingletonmd.com/
Kimmie0810
Kimmie0810

Back to top Go down

Post by reggiestr 5th October 2010, 12:12 am

thanks kimmie for the info. her website is one of the fanciest websites i've ever seen. and she looks like she has it all together from her picture. i'll give her a try. hopefully she takes my insurance.

reggiestr

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimmie0810 15th October 2010, 1:37 am

Ha! I hadn't been on her website in a couple of years & it has changed alot. Pretty darned fancy lol.

She's awesome. I just love her. She was on The Doctors again the other day looking as fierce as ever. She's a diva but she knows her stuff & she really cares. I had a body scan done on my 1st visit. I've been going to dermatologists for YEARS and none of them have offered or asked me about that. I went for a laser hair removal consultation & also for evening skintone & she checked my entire body for weird moles or spots. And it was included in the visit. She said she likes to do it once a year for her clients.
Kimmie0810
Kimmie0810

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 17th October 2010, 9:38 am

My dermatologists are Drs Kim Nichols and Fran E. Cook-Bolden. Both are women of color and very experienced with particular conditions that affect our skin type such as hyperpigmentation. My initial visit to the practice was with Dr. Nichols and the regimen she recommended was superb. My last visit was with Dr. Bolden and she was very attentive and let me know that I could achieve clarity without the pricey prescriptions. It's all about consistency and effective products.

www.cookboldenskinandlaser.com
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down