CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

to cut or not to cut

+2
Curlock Holmes
thetiffany
6 posters

Go down

to cut or not to cut Empty to cut or not to cut

Post by thetiffany 5th September 2010, 8:57 pm

so, i just finished doing my 2strand twist and i am once again annoyed by some of my hair. in the middle of my head, my hair is severly damagedd i guess. it just wont curl and it looks awful and is so annoying. each time i twist i get the urge to just cut it off. the only reeason why i havent chopped it yet is because i am not sure that its damaged. could it be that part of my hair just lacks any type if curl?

heres a couple pics, the stringy ends really mess up my overall look Smile would you cut or not?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
thetiffany
thetiffany

http://embracingmycurly.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

to cut or not to cut Empty Re: to cut or not to cut

Post by Curlock Holmes 5th September 2010, 10:13 pm

It looks like heat damage or something to me, since the rest of your hair in those sections look thick and curly enough to keep the twist. I have some small heat damaged sections in my hair, and i haven't cut them off-- I just trim them when I trim the rest of my hair, they'll be gone eventually. I say do whatever your comfortable with. If you do twists a lot and the straggly ends bother you, I'd say cut em. If you do other styles where they can be blended in (like twistouts or roller sets or whatever), then you might want to keep them for length? But as long as they're not breaking off and causing splits, they're not causing damage to your hair.
Curlock Holmes
Curlock Holmes

Back to top Go down

Post by Kea::curls 6th September 2010, 3:33 pm

i agree! do what makes you most comfortable.

Looks like heat damage, since it starts in the middle of your hair strand. If it was just your hair type, then your strand would look straight along the entire length of the strand (from root to tip)....not just at the ends. When i first started twisting my hair, it wouldn't hold a twisted style very well, because of the damaged ends, so i clipped them off! now i'm relieved that I don't have to stress over those ends anymore Smile
Kea::curls

http://public.fotki.com/KeaCurls/

Back to top Go down

Post by krissyc39 6th September 2010, 7:52 pm

Girl I'd snip them off! Your hair is gorgeous and the straggly ends are getting in the way
krissyc39
krissyc39

Back to top Go down

Post by thetiffany 6th September 2010, 11:05 pm

thanks ladies! looks like i will be doing a "big chop" ive been contemplating clipping those stingy ends since june but havent yet. everytime i was the stringy hairs get all tangled and is so frustrating. i guess the best time to clip is while i have it in twist?
thetiffany
thetiffany

Back to top Go down

Post by Kea::curls 8th September 2010, 9:48 pm

sure! I usually trim my hair while already in twists...just be aware that it will leave your hair a little uneven. But, I usually only wear my hair curly or in twists, so you can't tell. This is the easiest method for me!

http://public.fotki.com/KeaCurls/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cnicoles6 8th September 2010, 10:08 pm

I have the same problem with my twists. I'm on my way to get a trim (fingers crossed) next week, but until then I just twist my straight ends around straw rollers. But yeah, cut those suckers off! They screw up other wise great hair styles.
Cnicoles6
Cnicoles6

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 9th September 2010, 8:28 am

I have heat damaged ends in the front and I gradually cut them off. Youre gonna have to cut them off regardless because you wont be able to do all the styles you want with those ends on there, its kinda like still having relaxed ends with curly hair, it wont work out all that great with different styling methods, plus they arent healthy for your hair to keep those ends.
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by thetiffany 9th September 2010, 11:48 am

i did a little snipping ladies..... i will post pics. i didnt cut all the damage off but i will gradually cut the rest. i really dont plan on wearing my hair straigth for a while so it really doesnt matter. my origginal plan was to go from june-sept without heat... its september now and i thought i would have the urge to press but i dont. i may blow out my hair in a week or so just to see if i have any growwth and to do twist without having major shinkage Smile
thetiffany
thetiffany

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum