CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

whatgetsonmytits: new to CurlStreet

+10
TheRYL1
jlowman1
thetiffany
freckledmom4
nattyblog
ChrsLvsBks
QuietButterfly
krazy coils
CrissyQ
whatgetsonmytits
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

whatgetsonmytits: new to CurlStreet - Page 2 Empty Re: whatgetsonmytits: new to CurlStreet

Post by whatgetsonmytits 23rd August 2010, 9:57 am

Good morning (afternoon for me) ladies!

So, I did two-strand twists on Friday night. It took me forever because I did it while watching tv so I couldn't see how small I was making the twists in back and therefore had to continue down that path. Grrrrr.

I haven't done much to them yet. I like to pull back the shorter side so that it looks like an asymmetrical do. (I know it looks like I have attitude in that photo, but I don'y). What do you think? Any style recommendations for twists this length?

whatgetsonmytits: new to CurlStreet - Page 2 Imag0314

whatgetsonmytits: new to CurlStreet - Page 2 Imag0210

whatgetsonmytits: new to CurlStreet - Page 2 Cute_t10
whatgetsonmytits
whatgetsonmytits

https://www.youtube.com/whatgetsonmytits

Back to top Go down

whatgetsonmytits: new to CurlStreet - Page 2 Empty Re: whatgetsonmytits: new to CurlStreet

Post by nattyblog 23rd August 2010, 3:09 pm

I think the style you have right now rocks! Great look!

You know, you should go to your very first post in your curl street journal and change the title so that you can let the cn ladies know about your style and that you need suggestions. They can come in here and suggest some other ways to rock your two strand twists. We love to see pics!
nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by whatgetsonmytits 23rd August 2010, 3:12 pm

Thanks! I want to keep these in all week but I get easily bored so I'm always looking for different ways to pin it.
whatgetsonmytits
whatgetsonmytits

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 1st September 2010, 10:36 am

How have you been wearing your hair?

As for pinned twists, you can pin both sides, pin it all back, pin it all to the front and randomly pin them for a funky look.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 1st September 2010, 12:34 pm

I would suggest try pinning both sides up leave some twist out in the front like a fauxhawk look.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

whatgetsonmytits: new to CurlStreet - Page 2 Empty I'm back!

Post by whatgetsonmytits 3rd September 2010, 4:12 am

Hey, guys! Thanks for the style suggestions. Sorry that I've been gone so long. It's been busy. You know those twists I posted? Well, I wore those suckers for two weeks!. 9 days with twists, 6 days with the twist-out. We moved apartments last weekend and all the packing and organizing before that wore me out, so I didn't have much time but to moisturize and seal every day. Plus, when you move stuff is all over the place. I finally felt organized enough (plus my scalp was so itchy) yesterday to wash and twist again.

So, here's what I did with the twists:

whatgetsonmytits: new to CurlStreet - Page 2 Imag0210

whatgetsonmytits: new to CurlStreet - Page 2 Imag0211

I did wear it pinned on both sides with the front out, and I also did a flat twist in the front and pinned that back, but sadly did not take any photos (even though I swear I did)! I'll be sure to do photos this time with my freshly done twists.

So, this is how it looked the first day I took the twists out:

whatgetsonmytits: new to CurlStreet - Page 2 Imag0410

THEN, I fluffed and got these results on the last day of my twist out for my little photo shoot (see post below for explanation). This made me want to keep doing twist outs for a while until my hair grows longer. I find that I get less shrinkage:

whatgetsonmytits: new to CurlStreet - Page 2 Kpow_s10

whatgetsonmytits: new to CurlStreet - Page 2 Dsc_6411

whatgetsonmytits: new to CurlStreet - Page 2 Like_110
whatgetsonmytits
whatgetsonmytits

Back to top Go down

Post by whatgetsonmytits 3rd September 2010, 4:17 am

Ok, so I don't just do photo shoots because I feel like it (although I do play them out in my bathroom mirror sometimes) Razz

I had my partner (who's a photographer) takes some photos of me around Birmingham because my hair looked so good and I wanted to submit a fly photo with my newly published article on Black Girl with Long Hair! They ended up not using one of the photos from that shoot (I sent the first of the three). Oh well.

So, here's my article girls. I hope you enjoy it and I certainly have more stories to tell both about hair and other things:

Losing Mom, Finding Me: How my mother's incarceration led me to discover my hair

I was told that it will be published in Clutch magazine soon as well. I'll let you know when that happens. Surprised
whatgetsonmytits
whatgetsonmytits

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 3rd September 2010, 2:39 pm

Cute pics! Congrats on the published articles. I read your article on BGLH is was awesome. can't wait for more.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2