CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

oil pulling?

3 posters

Go down

oil pulling? Empty oil pulling?

Post by jac.attack 10th August 2010, 4:25 pm

I know a lot of ladies use the oil cleansing method but while looking online I discovered the oil pulling method.

Basically you take an oil (usually sesame, sunflower, or coconut oil) and swish a tablespoon in your mouth for about 20 minutes daily. I think it is essentially a detox.

People notice brighter and whiter teeth and pinker gums within the first few uses from what I've read. Other benefits are said to include increased metobolism, more energy but still sounder sleep, clearer skin (acne, under eye circles, cysts). And more.

Since it is a detox a lot of people notice clearer sinuses BUT basically end up with dripping sinuses after they use it for the first time and some cold symptoms.

There is info on the long hair forum, earth clinic, some videos on youtube and other places if you search.

I'm thinking about trying this for my acne and whiter teeth. My mom suffers from lichen planus and insomnia and is willing to try this hoping to see some difference in either condition. I am 18 and she is in her 50s so we are going to see if either of us notices a difference.

Has anyone tried this? Or heard of it?

jac.attack

Back to top Go down

oil pulling? Empty Re: oil pulling?

Post by ChrsLvsBks 10th August 2010, 4:40 pm

I first saw it on LHCF as a topic. I never looked into it. It sounds interesting. Please keep us posted if you try it.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jac.attack 11th August 2010, 10:39 am

My mom and I tried it last night and are "pulling" as I type.

We both did 1 tablespoon of cold pressed, organic sesame oil for 20 minutes. I broke mine up into 2...servings and did 10 minutes for each. My mom did the full 20 minutes.

After I did mine I felt really sleepy. I usually go to sleep at about 1 or 2 for the past couple of weeks but I was immediately tired. My mom said she didn't feel tired or any different. BUT when she woke up she said she felt as if she had taken a medicine to sleep. Not because she was drowsy but because she slept so well. My mom hasn't slept in like years. Weeks will go by and she'll only get 10 hours of sleep for the week. I had to wake up earlier than usual but I didn't feel drowsy when I woke up and it was easier for me to get up.

Both of us felt like our mouths were fresher when we woke up but no difference in whiteness of teeth or eyes.

My skin is clearer but I attribute that to a Neem mask and OCM.

jac.attack

Back to top Go down

Post by Gado-Gado Gal 16th August 2010, 10:09 pm

I've done it twice with organic cold pressed sesame oil after learning about it on Raw Radiant Health (http://www.rawradianthealth.com/blog/tag/oil-pulling/). I also looked at some scientific articles that discussed the benefits (almost always shown with sesame oil, btw) - some information here: http://www.oilpulling.com/.

I didn't see or feel any immediate results, but based on the studies have resolved to do this about once a month as one of many regular detox practices. I have good oral hygiene already, but am vary of the chemicals in mouth washes, and wanted to find something to replace the traditional ones and reach the places by brush, floss, and tongue scraper don't.

I will report back any changes or benefits I see in the long term.
Gado-Gado Gal
Gado-Gado Gal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum