CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eco Styler Gels

+18
BattleKat
SuperBadd
MsKayDee
freckledmom4
aj72crane
tiatj
jaybella
makeupvixen
ShortNSassie
labon10
IJustWannaKnow2
oyindaaluko
CrAvInG_CuRlZ:)
Renny
mrsrenaissance
rayray19
DivineFavor
SasahT
22 posters

Go down

Eco Styler Gels Empty Eco Styler Gels

Post by SasahT 8th August 2010, 4:01 am

Anyone here use Eco Styler? I heard great reviews on this stuff, so went to purchase the green olive oil one (everyone said its great). Unfortunately they were out so I got the brown protein version. I LOVED the results with the brown one, but still wanted to try the olive oil Eco Styler. I went and brought some the other day, and styled as usual. I must say I like the brown one much better for. The olive oil Eco Styler made my hair dry and somewhat stiff. I also had much more shrinkage with the green one. I think Im gonna stick with the brown one. Anyone else get different results from the different eco stylers?
SasahT
SasahT

http://members.fotki.com/Sasaht/about/

Back to top Go down

Eco Styler Gels Empty Re: Eco Styler Gels

Post by DivineFavor 8th August 2010, 10:16 am

I''ve only used the the olive oil Eco Styler regularly. I like it for my edges, I'm still on the fence about it being all over my head. I'm wondering if that's what making my hair dry and causing more shrinkage.
DivineFavor
DivineFavor

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 8th August 2010, 10:50 pm

I use the olive oil one (green) and I love it...I have it down to a science on how much gel to put in my hair so it wont have that hard stiff feeling..
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsrenaissance 8th August 2010, 11:05 pm

I *think* I feel the same way [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I bought the brown protein one a few wks ago & it worked really well. Last wk I bought the Olive Oil version on sale & used it yesterday. It looked good, but I felt like the protein one provided the hold but felt softer.

Going to try it again, but I'm glad I didn't return the protein one.
mrsrenaissance
mrsrenaissance

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 11th August 2010, 6:12 am

I've only used the EVOO. Crunch city for a wash and go. I think it makes my hair dry as well.
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by CrAvInG_CuRlZ:) 11th August 2010, 2:01 pm

I've used the Eco Styler w/olive oil. I wanted to like it b/c it works for so many other curlies but I just can't. Left my hair dry and crunchy every time and sometimes a white film...so I don't use Eco Styler anymore.

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 11th August 2010, 2:16 pm

I will say that I was able to soften it and the crunchies were pretty much gone by day 3. I used Shea Moisture Curling Milk in the morning and sometimes again in the late afternoon and that softened it up.

It started out white on my head, but that resolved itself within minutes.
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by oyindaaluko 11th August 2010, 2:57 pm

it's really hard to wash out. when i wash it out i use oil first (olive) then i wash it w/ a regular shampoo

oyindaaluko

Back to top Go down

Post by IJustWannaKnow2 12th August 2010, 3:31 pm

I've only used the OO but I do it "eco solo". I wash /condition w/o a leave in and then apply it to my WnG. It does give great defining hold but leaves my hair crunchy. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I end up rinsing it out, then no-pooing it out the end of the day and applying some moisturizing cream to reduce dryness as much as possible. It's definitely not something I leave in my hair overnight, or my hair will never grow up to look ing like this:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

IJustWannaKnow2

Back to top Go down

Post by labon10 12th August 2010, 4:28 pm

Have you tried adding oil to the gel? It leaves the hold, but takes away the crunch. There is a discussion on here somewhere that tells how much oil to add.

labon10

Back to top Go down

Post by ShortNSassie 12th August 2010, 11:58 pm

I have tried the IC fantasia and the Eco Styler and I must say I prefer the Eco styler. I used it recently to coil my hair mixed it with a little coconut oil, again a little goes a long way and they came out beautiful. I did try the Eco once for shingling my hair and it was awful. My hair was very crunchy and icky feeling so i wont do that again. I will post picks soon.
ShortNSassie
ShortNSassie

Back to top Go down

Post by SasahT 13th August 2010, 2:38 am

I just think it's weird b/c the brown Ecostyler never leaves my hair dry/crunchy. I use it to shingle my hair and my hair dries defined and soft. But the green is awful. I've been trying to continue using it since I purchased it, but I think I'm just going to throw the green one out. I'm gonna stop by Sally's and pick up some more of the brown ecostyler and stick with that. I guess that's what I get for being a product junkie. I was just wondering if it was just me or if other people had similar experiences with the Olive Oil version.
SasahT
SasahT

http://members.fotki.com/Sasaht/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by makeupvixen 13th August 2010, 10:53 am

I use my eco styler oilve oil gel oon top of my leave in conditioners, small amount goes a long way. I have type 4a hair.
makeupvixen
makeupvixen

http://makeupvixen.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jaybella 14th August 2010, 1:33 am

I like the Olive Oil (green) gel. It doesn't dry my hair out as bad as other gels, but I also use a moisturizer/leave-in under it and usually do it on damp hair. I haven't really used the brown gel, but my mama has a tub of it under her sink.
jaybella
jaybella

http://public.fotki.com/lucidbeautyy/

Back to top Go down

Post by tiatj 17th August 2010, 12:22 pm

I use the green one and experienced the crunchy feeling the first few times using it. I've found that less is more though and I love it now because it gives a great hold and my twistouts come out really defined without the crunchy feeling and dryness. A good leave in before hand might help. I use Cantu shea butter leave in to moisture and a shea butter mix to seal before i use the gel and my hair LOVES it.
tiatj
tiatj

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1116420078

Back to top Go down

Post by aj72crane 17th August 2010, 3:40 pm

rayray19 wrote:I use the olive oil one (green) and I love it...I have it down to a science on how much gel to put in my hair so it wont have that hard stiff feeling..

Do you comb it thru once you put it on your hair or just use your hands for styling?

aj72crane

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 17th August 2010, 4:15 pm

I've used the clear and the oo gel and I like the oo better because I didn't get the white balls of death with it. I do get some crunchiness on day 1, but I like it because I feel that the curls have set. I use Giovanni direct leave in and I spray Sheamoisture hold & shine followed by ORS Nature Shine and my hair is softer on day 2. By day 3, it's usually in a puff-haven't made it past day 3 yet. I keep going back and forth about whether to get KCCC because the ecostyler is so cheap, I'm scared it can't be good for my hair.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by MsKayDee 17th August 2010, 7:16 pm

One thing to also note is the kind of "hold" the ECO gel you are purchasing has. I have seen both the clear and brown say "soft hold" and "max hold". I have only seen the Olive oil in "max hold" Perhaps this also has something to do with the "crunchy results" some have been receiving. too. I Have a TWA and bought the ECOO today..but bought the max hold in error.
MsKayDee
MsKayDee

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperBadd 27th August 2010, 3:23 pm

I use the Olive oil kind as well but i also mix in Vatika Oil so there will be no crunchiness...this has helped. I have fine 4a hair and it has just enough hold...hope this helps!

SuperBadd

Back to top Go down

Post by BattleKat 28th August 2010, 12:33 am

@SasahT Why don't you mix the green in with the brown so that you want have to throw it away. Or you could add oil. I saw a youtube video where the lady mixed 2 or 3 different oils to the green.
BattleKat
BattleKat

Back to top Go down

Post by ree1995 30th August 2010, 8:22 am

I love the Eco Gel with Olive Oil (the green one) for braid and twist outs. I layer a little on top *after* I've applied a little bit of EVOO and Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Conditioning Curl & Style Milk (from Target) to each section that I'm about to braid or twist. This combo has given me soft, moisturized and defined twists/braid outs with a nice sheen that last about three or four days with nightly rebraiding or retwisting. No crunchiness or hardess at all. No white specks. No complaints.

ree1995

Back to top Go down

Post by Umph 30th August 2010, 11:31 am

My WnG came out fine with the EcoOO. I used shea butter on my hair before applying the gel and had no crunchiness. Having heavy hands is my downfall, I used too much gel. It took a while for the whiteness to disappear. I used CO to oil my scalp and seal, so far so good.
Umph
Umph

Back to top Go down

Post by letha 30th August 2010, 1:10 pm

I didn't even know there was a brown gel.. I always see the Olive Oil and the clear ones when I go to the BSS.. I use the OO one and I don't get any hard crunchy but I am transitioning I use it mostly on my edges and NG but now my edges have a mind of their own nothing will lay them down..
letha
letha

Back to top Go down

Eco Styler Gels Empty Olive Oil EcoStyler

Post by CurlyCrayolaBrown 30th August 2010, 4:17 pm

It made my hair dry also. It also made my hair flaky. I was surprised. I had to wash my hair the same day that I used it. Disappointed with the results. Now I have this HUGE container of gel under my sink that Im not using.
CurlyCrayolaBrown
CurlyCrayolaBrown

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down