CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I BC'd

5 posters

Go down

I BC'd  Empty I BC'd

Post by songbird 7th August 2010, 4:43 pm

Lately I had been getting very curious about my hair so I would constantly be snipping off random pieces to check out my shrinkage on different areas of my head. Anyway, a couple of nights ago I just got carried away and decided that I might as well just go ahead and chop off all of my relaxed ends. There was no use in keeping them around if I was going to transition using wigs anyway.

I started in the back and worked my way up. My shrinkage is ridiculous and I was not expecting my texture to change from what seemed to be spirally coils when the relaxed ends were there to completely undefined fuzz without them. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I chickened out when I got to the top of my head and left the relaxed ends there so I can continue to blend with my wigs which I will definitely be wearing for a LONG time. I wish I could say that I fell in love with my hair immediately like a lot of the other ladies that recently BC'd did. Makeup and earrings didn't help. I don't hate it and I don't feel ugly, but I just don't like it. I guess I wasn't as ready as I thought I was.

It didn't help that when my mom saw me she looked at me like [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] and said, "You aren't going to wear your hair like THAT are you?" (I guess she meant as opposed to wearing my wig.) And when I ignored that, she said, "I don't like that hairstyle at all KC, I really don't." (I guess I missed the part where I asked her for her opinion.. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )

Anyway, I just wanted to share that not everybody's BC story is a success story. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
songbird
songbird

Back to top Go down

I BC'd  Empty Re: I BC'd

Post by rayray19 7th August 2010, 5:35 pm

awww im sorry to hear this..you should wait until your ready and happy with your new growth before you big chop..its a BIG physical, mental and emotional change..I fell in love with my hair after my big chop and soo did most of my family except my grandma..she hates my hair and natural hair!! she thinks i made a big mistake and always criticize my hair but I ignore hair and im sure she will get use to it and so will your mom..

oh yea and your hair might seem undefined and frizzy but im sure once you put in a good leave in and some get those curls will pop
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by Janet36603 7th August 2010, 6:41 pm

I understand completely. I got all geared up for my BC and after I got done I was like...that's...it? I didn't love it at first but after a few days I got the hang of washing it and trying little styles and I liked it better. My spirals that I saw lurking when I had the permed ends on even came back with a vengeance and now I love it! Don't worry, your hairstyle might grow on you (and others!) Plus if all else fails, you can still wear the wigs like you planned.
Janet36603
Janet36603

Location : Montgomery, AL (and Birmingham, AL on the weekends)

http://jlhorace.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MS. FAJA 8th August 2010, 2:11 pm

WHEN I BC'D I DIDNT CUT ENUFF OFF SO ON THE VERY TOP IT WAS STILL RELAXED HAIR. I WAS ALSO NOTICING THAT EVEN THO 99% OF MY HAIR WAS IN COILS SOME OF IT WAS BARELY CURLY (I THINK THOSE AREAS ARE STILL THE RELAXED HAIR). BUT DONT GET TO FREAKED OUT ABOUT IT THE MORE YOU PLAY AROUND WITH IT THE MORE YOU'LL LOVE IT! AND YES SOME PEOPLE WONT LIKE IT BUT WHEN IT COMES TO THE BC YOU HAVE TO WAIT TILL YOU ARE 100% READY TO DO IT THN WUT OTHERS THINK WONT BOTHER YOU AT ALL. EVENTUALLY YOUR MOM WILL COME AROUND...ITS NOT LIKE IT WONT GROW BACK AND LIKE JANET36603 SAID YOU CAN STILL WEAR YOUR WIGS.
MS. FAJA
MS. FAJA

https://www.facebook.com/missfaja

Back to top Go down

Post by songbird 9th August 2010, 5:09 pm

Thanks everybody for the encouragement. I needed it. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

rayray19 wrote:awww im sorry to hear this..you should wait until your ready and happy with your new growth before you big chop..its a BIG physical, mental and emotional change..I fell in love with my hair after my big chop and soo did most of my family except my grandma..she hates my hair and natural hair!! she thinks i made a big mistake and always criticize my hair but I ignore hair and im sure she will get use to it and so will your mom..

oh yea and your hair might seem undefined and frizzy but im sure once you put in a good leave in and some get those curls will pop

I wanted to grow out my hair for a really long time before I chopped but since the difference between my new growth and relaxed hair were like night and day and my hair was already short and asymmetrically cut to begin with, I felt like I had no other option but to cut it. When I was relaxed I couldn't even go longer than 4 weeks between each touch up.

I've tried a million things for definition and the closest I've gotten is being able to FEEL my coils with Eco Styler, but you still can't really see them. I think maybe it just needs to grow out longer? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Janet36603 wrote:I understand completely. I got all geared up for my BC and after I got done I was like...that's...it? I didn't love it at first but after a few days I got the hang of washing it and trying little styles and I liked it better. My spirals that I saw lurking when I had the permed ends on even came back with a vengeance and now I love it! Don't worry, your hairstyle might grow on you (and others!) Plus if all else fails, you can still wear the wigs like you planned.

My hair has been growing on me. I was posing in the mirror the other day like I was too cute! lol But I'm still not ready to wear my hair out in public. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

MS. FAJA wrote:WHEN I BC'D I DIDNT CUT ENUFF OFF SO ON THE VERY TOP IT WAS STILL RELAXED HAIR. I WAS ALSO NOTICING THAT EVEN THO 99% OF MY HAIR WAS IN COILS SOME OF IT WAS BARELY CURLY (I THINK THOSE AREAS ARE STILL THE RELAXED HAIR). BUT DONT GET TO FREAKED OUT ABOUT IT THE MORE YOU PLAY AROUND WITH IT THE MORE YOU'LL LOVE IT! AND YES SOME PEOPLE WONT LIKE IT BUT WHEN IT COMES TO THE BC YOU HAVE TO WAIT TILL YOU ARE 100% READY TO DO IT THN WUT OTHERS THINK WONT BOTHER YOU AT ALL. EVENTUALLY YOUR MOM WILL COME AROUND...ITS NOT LIKE IT WONT GROW BACK AND LIKE JANET36603 SAID YOU CAN STILL WEAR YOUR WIGS.

Now that you mention it I think the fuzz may be the remnants of the relaxed hair hanging on. Maybe if I go and get it shaped up or something it will look better.

As far as my mom, she wants me to wear wigs and get weaves for years until it grows out really long. Definitely not doing that! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I think I'll be satisfied with a couple more months of length. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
songbird
songbird

Back to top Go down

Post by MS. FAJA 9th August 2010, 6:38 pm

YEA IM HEADED TO A SALON TO GET MINE SHAPED UP SOON! BUT LIKE I SAID WAIT TILL YOUR READY IF ITS TODAY FOR 3MO FROM NOW. AND I PROMISE ONCE YOUR COMFORTABLE WITH THE DECISION IT WONT MATTER WHAT OTHERS THINK.
MS. FAJA
MS. FAJA

https://www.facebook.com/missfaja

Back to top Go down

Post by NickiK 13th August 2010, 2:59 am

I understand completely like i chopped my hair a day ago and was shocked but like you said no use in keeping permed hair if you was going to transition with weave. I hate my BC right now lol but its only a stage.You can do it girlie

NickiK

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum