CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has anyone had a Bad Henna experience?

+6
Intrigue
NylaCoils
AfrikanLatina
veggiegirl314
natural83
MsCrystal
10 posters

Go down

Has anyone had a Bad Henna experience? Empty Has anyone had a Bad Henna experience?

Post by MsCrystal 17th November 2009, 12:37 am

I would like to try henna, but honestly, I am kind of scared. I read somewhere that a stylist had to cut off all of a woman's hair because the henna would not come out.

Has anyone had any bad experiences with henna?
MsCrystal
MsCrystal

Back to top Go down

Has anyone had a Bad Henna experience? Empty Re: Has anyone had a Bad Henna experience?

Post by natural83 17th November 2009, 3:05 am

@MsCrystal I recently tried Henna for the first time last Thursday, and had a great experience! I was kinda skeptical at first too, but after reading all the great reviews from people that do it on a regular, I knew I had to join in! Right off, I can tell that my hair is a lot softer. I plan to keep doing the treatments once a month, so hopefully I'll reap the long term benefits as well; thickening, more length, etc.

Girl go ahead and give it a try! Its not bad at all!
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Has anyone had a Bad Henna experience? Empty Re: Has anyone had a Bad Henna experience?

Post by veggiegirl314 17th November 2009, 2:47 pm

I haven't had any bad experiences with henna. You just want to make sure you're using 100% pure BAQ henna.
veggiegirl314
veggiegirl314

http://www.twitter.com/veggiegirl314

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 17th November 2009, 3:27 pm

^^^^^^^^^Yes, what veggiegirl said. And I'll add be sure to deep condition afterward.
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 17th November 2009, 4:19 pm

MsCrystal! No problems with henna for me. I can understand your apprehension. The first time I henna'd I was scared to death. The paste started off a green color but as I kept it on, it turned a brownish red. I was like oh my God is this stuff going to turn my hair green!!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I ended up rinsing it out after 2 hours. My suggestion to you is start off slow...maybe with a henna gloss.
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Intrigue 19th November 2009, 4:09 pm

MsCrystal wrote:I would like to try henna, but honestly, I am kind of scared. I read somewhere that a stylist had to cut off all of a woman's hair because the henna would not come out.

Has anyone had any bad experiences with henna?

The woman's hair was messed up because it wasn't BAQ henna. She was using one of those compound hennas loaded with chemicals and salts and since it bonded that junk to her hair it was ruined. I was scared to try henna because of that story too.
Intrigue
Intrigue

Back to top Go down

Post by naturaltresses1211 28th November 2009, 7:46 pm

Hey Ms. Crystal, the only thing you need to worry about with henna is if you're allergic to it. Otherwise, it's a conditioning agent that has beautiful red color to it. I've compared my hairstrands from before and the difference is night and day! My hairstrands before I tried henna were thin and now, they're much thicker. Test for allergies, and then just go for it!
naturaltresses1211
naturaltresses1211

http://www.theperfectnegative.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LOVELYREAN 29th November 2009, 1:56 am

I have had great results with henna. I was like you...listening to other's experiences, and getting very apprehensive. Well, I took the leap, and have had nothing short of an epic love story with my hair. I followed CurlyNikki's routine for my 1st henna application, and have been modifying since then in order to find out what works for me. I do make sure that I do buy top quality henna. Lucky for me there is an indian shop very close by. Never had a problem with rinsing, although I do put about a tablespoon of castor oil in the henna...works for me!! I don't know where the lady got the henna that couldnt get rinsed out of her hair. Maybe she left it uncovered on her hair and it dried onto her hair..a big "no-no".
LOVELYREAN
LOVELYREAN

Back to top Go down

Post by JoyCurl 29th November 2009, 10:05 pm

Honestly the only "bad" thing that happened to me was that I made it too runny (too much water or honey) and it constantly dripped, even after double wrapping my head with plastic wrap. I am glad that I slept with an extra towel on my pillow that night.

I've been using henna once a month since January 2009 and my hair turned out fine each time.
JoyCurl
JoyCurl

http://public.fotki.com/joycurl/

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 10th December 2009, 6:04 pm

LOVELYREAN wrote:I have had great results with henna. I was like you...listening to other's experiences, and getting very apprehensive. Well, I took the leap, and have had nothing short of an epic love story with my hair. I followed CurlyNikki's routine for my 1st henna application, and have been modifying since then in order to find out what works for me. I do make sure that I do buy top quality henna. Lucky for me there is an indian shop very close by. Never had a problem with rinsing, although I do put about a tablespoon of castor oil in the henna...works for me!! I don't know where the lady got the henna that couldnt get rinsed out of her hair. Maybe she left it uncovered on her hair and it dried onto her hair..a big "no-no".

Are you using castor oil to make the henna more moisturizing?
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

https://www.youtube.com/sisterboyd, www.blackplanet.com/sisterboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down