CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELP.... PLEASE

+3
ChrsLvsBks
mml
iculukin
7 posters

Go down

HELP.... PLEASE Empty HELP.... PLEASE

Post by iculukin 4th August 2010, 12:36 pm

I have been searching everywhere for information on what is the correct way to care for my hair... can you imagine my frustration where everywhere I turn there was some product I was told to use or some long regiment to follow... but I'm a simple person... I keep my hair in two strand twist I rarely wear it out cause I dont want the hassle of coming it! The only thing I do with my hair is moisturize and I cowash maybe twice a month since I don't use heavy products... my question is I want to grow my hair out do I really have to use the henna and cowash every four days? My hair goal is armpit length right now I my hair is shoulder length.... any information as to keeping things simple yet growing healthy long hair? THANKS A BUNCH!!!
iculukin
iculukin

Back to top Go down

HELP.... PLEASE Empty Re: HELP.... PLEASE

Post by mml 4th August 2010, 2:42 pm

Hello,
I am a simple girl too. My regimen is pretty much the same as it was growing up, the only difference is that the products have changed and I have added the proper detangling method to my regimen. I stick with not only what is easy but with what works for my hair. I wash my hair every 2 weeks with shampoo, deep condition every other week and I do a deep condition/protein treatment with henna once a month, The best advice I can give you is to keep hair moisturized and wear protective styles. I cannot push that enough. When I used to wear my hair pressed I never wore it out; always kept it in a bun because I just didn't and still do not like wearing my hair out. I also recommend watching Kimmaytube's videos on Youtube. She arms you with great knowledge and is just freakin' awesome. I hope this helps.

mml

Back to top Go down

Post by iculukin 4th August 2010, 4:01 pm

Thank you so much I checked out kimmaytube's video and loved it! I'm taking your advice protective styles and moisturize!! I'm excited now!!!!!!!
iculukin
iculukin

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 4th August 2010, 4:07 pm

mml's regimen sounds solid and easy to follow.

Hope you the best iculukin, cute screen name!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by iculukin 2nd September 2010, 3:40 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:mml's regimen sounds solid and easy to follow.

Hope you the best iculukin, cute screen name!

Thanks Chrs!! I have quick question what does DMV stand for regarding your location?? I alway wonders but all I can come up with is delaware motor vehicles...lol
iculukin
iculukin

Back to top Go down

Post by Janique 2nd September 2010, 7:44 pm

I think the DMV area would be DC Maryland and Virginia if I'm not mistaken....
Janique
Janique

Back to top Go down

Post by iculukin 2nd September 2010, 11:37 pm

Thanks Janique I wouldn't have come anywhere close to guessing that... love your hair!!! Oh you're in the sunshine state oh how I miss Orlando!!!
iculukin
iculukin

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 3rd September 2010, 1:04 am

For most of my family (in which we are all a little on the lazy side and have many different textures) keeping your hair moistized and conditioned is the key. IT is about 10 of us now that are natural and we all have to agree that conditioning, making sure that hair is tangle free and soft help maintain the growth extremely. it your hair is not detangled often then you will experience breakage. If your hair is on the dry side then you may have to oil more then others but make sure scalp is well taken care of as that is where your growth starts from.
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by Janique 4th September 2010, 12:36 pm

Thanx for the compliment Very Happy And yes I'm out here in this hot and humid place with sometimes unbearable heat and humidity LOL. I would love to go back up to NY and enjoy the snow again!
Janique
Janique

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 5th September 2010, 9:41 am

I'm pretty low maintenance too, but I realize if I really want my hair to grow I have to put some work into it. Natural hair is too fragile not to. I BCed less than a month ago and I can already see that my hair has grown. I agree with the other ladies that you want to take the time to moisturize your hair, seal the ends and maybe try at least massaging castor oil into your scalp. Also find a good deep conditioner (I love ORS Replenishing Conditioner and you can try the paks so it's a low investment to see if you like it.) I've never been a person who DC my hair, but I have been doing one weekly since I started transitioning and now that I'm natural and I know it's helping with growth. My hair used to break off so much and now it's not. Gotta be the combination of DC and moisturizing.

All the best o you. BTW - nothing wrong with wearing those twist everyday. Very Happy
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 5th September 2010, 11:11 am

Renny, I BC'd 5 months ago and I feel as if my hair is not growing like it should. I am not comfortable with protective styling now because of the lenght so i am going to do the DC everyweek (omething i was not doing ) and using castor oil for the next 6 months to see if I see any growth. I will try ORS once my conditioner stash runs down.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 5th September 2010, 11:30 am

Sound good Crissy. I read quite a few curl journals early on and DCing was a consistant message for growth. Hopefully the combination will work for you.

I'm going to put in Kinky Twist for the winter to protect my hair and give those twist outs and braidouts a try in the spring.
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum