CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Henna Gloss

5 posters

Go down

Henna Gloss Empty Henna Gloss

Post by Courtie 16th November 2009, 11:39 am

I did a henna gloss this weekend -- here is the formula and the results.

I started with the thawed out henna from last week. 100g Mehandi, 100g Dulhan, mixed with 6 oz of strong green tea. This is about 1/4 of that mixture. It's pretty sludgy.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Gross.

I mixed this with about 2 tbsp of honey, and about 1/2 a bottle of V05 Moisture Milks conditioner.

I applied it to clean hair, let it sit for an hour and a half, then rinsed.

I then DC'd with an Olive Oil Pack mixed with about 1/4 cup of olive oil, some shea butter, coconut oil, and some Hello Hydration all mixed together. It was runny, but I slapped it on and put it under a plastic cap for an hour.

When I rinsed it was as smooth as silk. Then I used a dollop of HH for leave in and sealed with olive oil.

I then did a dry braid-out with some shea butter and gel. This is my hair this morning after it dried. It's shinier than it looks in the picture.

Total time for the henna gloss was 2.5 hours including the DC. I could easily have done the henna for 1 and the DC for a half if I was pressed for time. I am going to keep doing this, alternating henna and henna gloss each week and see how shiny I can get my hair!
Courtie
Courtie

Back to top Go down

Henna Gloss Empty Re: Henna Gloss

Post by rebelrocks 16th November 2009, 12:08 pm

bling! lol. awesome results girlie!
rebelrocks
rebelrocks

Back to top Go down

Post by Courtie 16th November 2009, 12:32 pm

Thank you Miss Lady.
Courtie
Courtie

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 16th November 2009, 2:07 pm

I like, I like! I always wondered how to do a henna gloss. Do you find that your hair stays moisturized even with the hunny added? Is it cold up in PA?

(Sidenote: I'm making my first trip to Philly at the end of the month and I'm super excited [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by makeupvixen 16th November 2009, 2:23 pm

I just discovered Henna and I'm waiting for my first shipment to come. I never heard of henna gloss.... Does it make your hair grow and be soft, other than making it shinny? How many times a week will you be using it? Any color change? Why did you have to mix it with conditioner?
makeupvixen
makeupvixen

http://makeupvixen.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Courtie 16th November 2009, 3:41 pm

@AfrikanLatina - We're on a day to day basis with the temperature here in Pittsburgh. This weekend it was in the 70s, today the 50s. It's super ridiculous. Philly is so fun, you will have a good time! Yeah, the honey doesn't cause me any probs -- I only have it in there to make it easier to wash out the henna. If I don't I have a horrible time getting it out!

@makeupvixen - A henna gloss is like a half henna treatment. It's just your normal mix diluted with conditioner. It's cool cause you don't have to leave it on as long. It has the same benefits as a regular treatment. Shine, less shedding, stronger hair. I don't know if it's made it grow, but my length retention is better because it doesn't shed as much. It does still leave a little bit of a color deposit. I do a full henna treatment one week, freeze 1/4 of the mix, and then use that to do a henna gloss the following week.
Courtie
Courtie

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 16th November 2009, 8:29 pm

I hope its one of those warm days when we get there. I don't want my son freezing looking like Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer! I think I'll give the henna gloss a try.
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by tshala 7th December 2009, 7:44 pm

Thanks!! This will be my next project! I did a henna gloss with 2 cubes of a lush henna bar (which has cocoa butter in it, therefore I skipped the conditioner). But next time ( weekend) I will try this with some Aubrey organics HSR , khadi henna (super sifted, super quality) and some earl grey tea, perhaps. I really like your hair! So shiny and healthy. Beautiful!
tshala
tshala

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down