CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need some serious help

+2
Mz. CiCi
Ladyuko
6 posters

Go down

I need some serious help Empty I need some serious help

Post by Ladyuko 28th July 2010, 12:04 am

Right now my hair is in a fro .. and my mother hates it. Everyday, at least 3 times a day, my mother will look at my hair and ask me to do something with it cuz I look "terrible" and because if she wanted to go somewhere she wouldn't me lookin like this or if someone came over she wouldn't want me to be hiding somewhere in the house. It makes me feel like I have some strange deformity on my head that needs some immediate correction. Ashamed..
I would like to have to my hair in some kind of style but the problem is I can't do it. I have a 4c that shrinks from my arm-pit to my ear, and just hard to move so its very difficult to do things with. I've tried to put it in a pony tail (couldn't get all my hair in it), and flat twists (it was ugly), and blow out (dry and at a bunch of different lengths) and the two-strands twists I've done just aren't nice. I follow tutorials and looked at hundreds of videos for products that should help but in the end the only thing I can do is a wash and go.

I need help! It seems like the only way I can style my hair is with a straightening comb.. or the help of a professional natural hair stylist which I dont have the money for...
Ladyuko
Ladyuko

Back to top Go down

I need some serious help Empty Re: I need some serious help

Post by Mz. CiCi 28th July 2010, 1:01 am

All I can say is to practice and to try different styles. My mom says the same thing bout my fro which hurts but I get it. I work on different styles or dress my hair up w/ accessories
Mz. CiCi
Mz. CiCi

http://lesisworld.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by komirra 28th July 2010, 3:26 pm

well you cud try a puff, fro hawk, or pinning part of ur hair to the side. all those can be done on a full fro or twisted/braided out hair. adding accesories wud also glam it up. with arm pit length hair u shdu be able to do alot. how do u do ur twist outs? maybe there is a problem in the method....

but i think the real issue is ur mom's non acceptance of ur hair. b/c no style is going to look beautiful to you or her if she cant accept your hair the way it is. maybe u shud talk to her about how u feel when she says those hurtful comments to u, and tht you wish she wud stop. b/c isnt apart of u ur hair? if she loves you then she shud love ur hair too
komirra
komirra

Back to top Go down

Post by NFW_THA_QUEEN13 28th July 2010, 10:38 pm

Like Ms. CiCi said, you need to PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE. I was the same way when I began styling/caring for my hair. I would sometimes cry because it didn't look the way I wanted it too (I was very young when I started doing my hair...I started doing my hair in the 2nd grade and NO I'm not lying). Like someone else posted a fro-hawk will go nice on you. Ok this is how I recommend you to do it:

How to do A Fro-Hawk:

1. CoWash your hair (I use either V05 con. or Suave con.;they both work Great)
2. Two-strand twist Hair while hair is damp(I know you don't like the outcome of them, but do this in order to give the hair like a crimped/wavy kinky look...it'll go CUTE with the fro-hawk)
3. Take the twists apart when they completely dry
4. Begin braiding the hair on the sides (you can make any design)
5. VOILA!!!
----------------Also be sure to seal your ends with oil or shea butter. A hump in the front is also cute to go with it if you want.
NFW_THA_QUEEN13
NFW_THA_QUEEN13

Back to top Go down

Post by NFW_THA_QUEEN13 28th July 2010, 10:44 pm

Also annoy your mom even more by wearing your fro out. That is what I did and my mom ended up liking it. Also like Komirra said, you should tell your mom how you feel about her comments because it's all about how you feel. If you're feeling bad or not in a good mood, you're not gonna like your hair and I know how that feels personally. Certain days I need to do my hair, but I feel like nothing looks right because my mood isn't good. When my mood is good...that is usually when I do my hair BEST and I get tons of compliments. So remember that.
NFW_THA_QUEEN13
NFW_THA_QUEEN13

Back to top Go down

Post by krissyc39 29th July 2010, 11:06 am

Have you tried banding your hair? You basically take ouchless goody bands and use them until you come out something like this:

I need some serious help 11_13_10

It's a great way to stretch your hair and prep it for other styles
krissyc39
krissyc39

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyCurly 29th July 2010, 12:45 pm

have you tried putting your hair in a banana clip? I haven't tried this yet but I will as soon as i find some. i've seen them on amazon but i hope to find them in a store. i hope it is easier than a pony tail holdr!

HappyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladyuko 29th July 2010, 4:22 pm

Thanks everyone. I'll try these
Ladyuko
Ladyuko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down