CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Of all the crap...

+6
Janique
EmpressBeloved
deeply_rooted_chick
Juices-n-Berries
Ebbz
PaganWifey
10 posters

Go down

Of all the crap... Empty Of all the crap...

Post by PaganWifey 27th July 2010, 3:21 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzeOnvWwZT8

Junk like this makes me realize why folks my age are looked down on sometimes.
PaganWifey
PaganWifey

Back to top Go down

Of all the crap... Empty Re: Of all the crap...

Post by Ebbz 27th July 2010, 3:43 pm

I only got half way through the video...it was too annoying.
Ebbz
Ebbz

https://www.facebook.com/ekragin or www.twitter.com/TRUELIFE_ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 27th July 2010, 3:48 pm

She made some valid points, but she was extremely judgmental and condescending. It was torture to listen to almost.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by PaganWifey 27th July 2010, 4:20 pm

Juices-n-Berries wrote:She made some valid points, but she was extremely judgmental and condescending. It was torture to listen to almost.

Exactly! You nailed it. People will commercialize any and everything if you give them a chance it's America. But....people realizing that they CAN look presentable with the hair the universe put on their head...it's a beautiful thing. How dare you act like any part of that ain't good.
PaganWifey
PaganWifey

Back to top Go down

Post by deeply_rooted_chick 27th July 2010, 4:38 pm

I feel her on this topic. Some people take it too far. I wonder what got her on edge.
deeply_rooted_chick
deeply_rooted_chick

Back to top Go down

Post by EmpressBeloved 27th July 2010, 5:13 pm

I kinda agree with her on some parts of the vid, but for me personally, I believe that the Natural Hair Rules thing is more leaning on the side of empowerment than "fab" or "movement". Some black women, including myself, embraces that part of them, loves it and makes it part of their character. I'm well known among my classmates and closest family/friends because of my natural hair. To each his own, I say.
EmpressBeloved
EmpressBeloved

Back to top Go down

Post by Janique 27th July 2010, 5:25 pm

I couldn't get past the nasally voice...it was too much for me...all I got from the video was that she feels natural hair has become a fad and people are just doing it to do it now....To each his own...you can't knock the reasons a person may have became natural...just like you can't be mad at the person who chooses to be relaxed.....It's a personal choice....
Janique
Janique

Back to top Go down

Post by ReRe71 27th July 2010, 5:39 pm

@janique: yeah, her voice was annoying and she was acting weird (was she on a package??).

I get what she is saying, but she was way too judgmental. "Airheaded"....really? And I highly doubt that the world will end if she removes her videos....LOL
ReRe71
ReRe71

Back to top Go down

Post by jaybella 27th July 2010, 8:08 pm

Janique wrote:I couldn't get past the nasally voice...it was too much for me...all I got from the video was that she feels natural hair has become a fad and people are just doing it to do it now....To each his own...you can't knock the reasons a person may have became natural...just like you can't be mad at the person who chooses to be relaxed.....It's a personal choice....

I agree with you 110% on the bolded part. I am all for MY natural hair, but what someone else wants to do with their hair is THEIR business. I agree that its a personal choice for one to become natural. The one reason that I do research all these youtube videos and such is not because I am obsessed about my hair, but the fact that I need some visual references if I want to learn how to style my hair. I learn visually and with this day and age, it's possible.
jaybella
jaybella

http://public.fotki.com/lucidbeautyy/

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 27th July 2010, 9:15 pm

Janique wrote:I couldn't get past the nasally voice...it was too much for me...all I got from the video was that she feels natural hair has become a fad and people are just doing it to do it now....To each his own...you can't knock the reasons a person may have became natural...just like you can't be mad at the person who chooses to be relaxed.....It's a personal choice....

jaybella wrote: I agree with you 110% on the bolded part. I am all for MY natural hair, but what someone else wants to do with their hair is THEIR business. I agree that its a personal choice for one to become natural. The one reason that I do research all these youtube videos and such is not because I am obsessed about my hair, but the fact that I need some visual references if I want to learn how to style my hair. I learn visually and with this day and age, it's possible.

I agree with both of you, especially the bold. I think it seems like such a trend because there are more resources available to teach people how to care for their hair in it's natural state. Of course if you look on YouTube, it might seem like an obsession. But the reality of the matter is, MOST BLACK WOMEN STILL GET RELAXERS. So miss me with all that fad nonsense.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by gigihaitiancurly 27th July 2010, 11:20 pm

her voice is annoying and she looks like a lost in time teenager who doesn't really know what she's saying. I couldn't watch it more than 2 minutes.
gigihaitiancurly
gigihaitiancurly

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 27th July 2010, 11:22 pm

Are those glasses pushing her nostrils in causing her to sound like that? I couldn't watch more than about 30 seconds of it.
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum