CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eco Styler Gel vs Kinky Curly Curling Custard

+7
C.
WhosThatRedHead
gennatay
mstokes2008
makeupvixen
blondie
rayray19
11 posters

Go down

Eco Styler Gel vs Kinky Curly Curling Custard Empty Eco Styler Gel vs Kinky Curly Curling Custard

Post by rayray19 24th July 2010, 7:43 pm

hello ladies..

ok so in about a month I plan on doing my BC..I want to get the full worth out of my Senegalese twist..soo oncce I take them out I plan on doing the BC that same night. i have been preparing for my TWA by buying products and accessories..

ok so my question is I'm looking for a gel that will define my curls..I was sold on KCCC when I saw kimmaytube using it but then I saw the price..Im on a college student budget and $30 is a little much..sooo I hear a lot of naturals use Eco styler gel to define curls as well..

which do you prefer and why??

Thanks ladies cant wait for my BC!!!
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Eco Styler Gel vs Kinky Curly Curling Custard Empty Re: Eco Styler Gel vs Kinky Curly Curling Custard

Post by blondie 24th July 2010, 8:28 pm

The main difference is the ingredients. KCCC is all natural and has ingredients that area actually a benefit to your hair.
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Eco Styler Gel vs Kinky Curly Curling Custard Empty Re: Eco Styler Gel vs Kinky Curly Curling Custard

Post by makeupvixen 24th July 2010, 10:11 pm

I've tried them both and I'm going to stick with Eco Styler, one because of the price, two because I use a cream under them both before adding either gel. Since I'm using my KBB hair milk and Hair Cream on my hair then putting my gel on top to define my curls and have less frizz then the eco styler works best for my hair. I didn't like the KCCC because it takes me forever to learn the right amount to use for me hair, it's always a sticky mess when I use it. I have it to my mom (After paying $40) but she hasn't tried it yet.
makeupvixen
makeupvixen

http://makeupvixen.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 25th July 2010, 12:43 am

I prefer the KCCC. I use the Come Clean and Knot Today with it because I think lines work better together. I get you on the price though. I'm a college student too and $30 is alot. But It lasts me a long time. There is a learning curve to figure out how much you should use, but I've tried IC Fantasia, Eco Styler, mousse and all sorts of other things, so the amount of money I've spent sampling stylers I'm ok with spending $30 every few months on something I know I will like.

Eco Styler is much better price wish but KCCC is on swap boards pretty often so you could always give it a try that way instead of paying full price. HTH
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 25th July 2010, 12:59 am

@mstokes- I was reading your curl street journal and see you BC at only 2.5 months..I plan on doing my BC at 3 months when i take out these braids..did you use Kinky Curly products to help define your TWA and how did you do it???
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 25th July 2010, 2:01 am

rayray19 wrote:@mstokes- I was reading your curl street journal and see you BC at only 2.5 months..I plan on doing my BC at 3 months when i take out these braids..did you use Kinky Curly products to help define your TWA and how did you do it???

I actually didn't start using KCCC until about a month ago. (I couldn't find it in stores and refused to play s&h on top of 16 or 30 bucks on something I didn't know was going to work or not lol) With my hair being a little longer now, I pretty much rake/ shingle it thru my hair if that makes since. I don't do it to often because gel is to time consuming for me lol. And the KCCC takes forever to dry. But I do like the results and several day hair I get from it. I'm thinking of doing a video on how I apply my gels, and comparing my KCCC and EcoStyler. If I do, I will come back and post the link so you and others can see the difference since most videos I have seen have been on people with short TWAs or really long hair but no one really in that awkward mid stage like me.
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by gennatay 25th July 2010, 2:50 am

I prefer the KCCC also. The curls last longer to me. I did twist with it and they came out amazing. Also a litte does go a long way.
gennatay
gennatay

http://lifeamateur.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 25th July 2010, 4:32 pm

thanks ladies I think im going to buy KCCC since it better for the hair too

@mstokes a video would be great!!!
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 26th July 2010, 11:12 am

I haven't used the eco Styling gel. Right now I use KCCC and I love it. Everyone is right about the amount. It may take you as few tries to figure out how much to use in your hair. But I love the way my curls look after I use it and it doesn't make my hair hard. I use it daily for my WnG
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by makeupvixen 26th July 2010, 1:27 pm

WhosThatRedHead wrote:I haven't used the eco Styling gel. Right now I use KCCC and I love it. Everyone is right about the amount. It may take you as few tries to figure out how much to use in your hair. But I love the way my curls look after I use it and it doesn't make my hair hard. I use it daily for my WnG

Yes I agree. If I could figure out the right amount to use for my hair it would be better. But I'm a wash and go girl and always in a hurry. But I do love the Knot Today.
makeupvixen
makeupvixen

http://makeupvixen.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by C. 26th July 2010, 2:21 pm

never tried KCCC, but i do use the olive oil ecostyler. for me it leaves my hair shiny and has a nice hold to it. i didnt take a pic of my wash-n-go, but let me tell you, it was nice. I had no idea that the front and top of m y hair coiled like the back, but was i surprised.

i can get the same results as the eco styler by just using conditioner and about 1/5th of the gel i would use it i wasnt using condish. my only concern with the eco is that it never dried in the 2/3 days i wore it..(i did dampen and shake each morning)

C.

Back to top Go down

Post by fashionistacurlygirly 29th July 2010, 3:53 pm

well i used eco styler gel and kccc. same results on my 3c hair. i thinking about giving up my kccc for ecostyler,because its much more expensive for the same results. the only thing is eco styler might leave yur hair dry so use a leave in (i like kinky curly knot today) and use a moisterizer(i love jojoba oil wit mayonise and honey)

fashionistacurlygirly

Back to top Go down

Post by happy2bcurly 29th July 2010, 10:24 pm

I've never tried the Kccc But the eco gel with olive oil is good for twists and wash and goes. And if you really want some nice curls try the eco custard that someone posted. I made mine with 1 cup gel, 1TBS olive oil, 1TBS castor oil, and i think i put some aloe gel in it. (It's been a while). Just stir it all together and it gets real creamy. Its the bomb. I loved it but my hair went crazy after about 2 weeks. I think it was the protein. Now i 've been doing the same thing with ORS and so far i'm loving it. I use it for my twist outs.
happy2bcurly
happy2bcurly

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 29th July 2010, 10:29 pm

Thanks ladies @happy2bculy I might give that eco custard a try sounds lt sounds like it won't dry out my hair too much
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by tiffytaffey 30th July 2010, 11:42 am

I have tried both and really like both but I prefer the Eco because of price. I mix in a little coconut oil in and I love it
tiffytaffey
tiffytaffey

Back to top Go down

Post by Marci Pie 30th July 2010, 8:59 pm

I love the Eco Custard. I have tried the KCCC 2 different times. The problem is that my hair looks like a Jheri curl and I have to adjust it and I don't think for the price point I should have to make adjustments.

I know KCCC is a favorite on the naturally curly .com site but it's not worth the price. I know it is natural but I got fantastic results with homemade flax seed gel and it was much cheaper.

Marci Pie

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 6th August 2010, 9:40 pm

Just to say I've tried it I made an Eco Styler Custard and tried it for a few days. My hair didn't like it very much. It made my hair dry and crunchy. So I've decided to not cheat on KCCC anymore
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 6th August 2010, 9:57 pm

@redhead yea I judt did my BC and wanted to experiment with eco styler first before I bought KCCC and soo far my results are good but I still want to try KCCC because I love the fact that its more organic
do you use the knot today with KCCC?
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 6th August 2010, 10:00 pm

I use it with the kimmaytube leave in mixture. Just a warning if you use KCCC to figure out the right amount to use in your hair cuz if you use too much then your hair is white and takes forever to dry. If you don't use enough then you don't have any curl definition.
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down