CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

i'm so proud :)

+2
elleeccentric
curlista
6 posters

Go down

i'm so proud :) Empty i'm so proud :)

Post by curlista 23rd July 2010, 6:45 pm

My friend was COMPLETELY anti-natural and it was definitely not on her to-do list lol. She was definitely addicted to the "creamy crack", every chance she got her hair was done. She HATED natural hair but on me it was ok because i had "good hair" smh. She'd never seen her natural hair except in baby pictures and refused to believe her mother when she said it actually used to be curly and cute lol.

Well imagine my surprise when she told me she's becoming natural this summer. She got lazy and hadn't gotten a perm in awhile and for the first time saw her true texture and loved it. Just now she called me for help, "what's deep conditioning?" "what products are good?" "can i still get oil sheen?" lol Anyway I'm just so proud of her and even if she decides to go back one day I'm still proud that she made this amazing change in attitude. I'm just so proud lol Very Happy
curlista
curlista

Back to top Go down

i'm so proud :) Empty Re: i'm so proud :)

Post by elleeccentric 23rd July 2010, 7:00 pm

Thats awesome! thats exactly how i felt when my older sister BC'ed back in april. She called me while i was at work, asked me to come over and cut off her relaxed ends. I was shocked! Her hair looks fab and she loves it which is great! I hope she sticks with it.
elleeccentric
elleeccentric

http://twitter.com/elleeccentric

Back to top Go down

Post by curlista 23rd July 2010, 7:26 pm

Aww, well congratulations to your sister too! I know that was a great moment for you two.

I hope she sticks with it too Smile Her mom's looking at her like she's crazy right now with her transitioning hair but she's sticking through it lol.
curlista
curlista

Back to top Go down

Post by elleeccentric 24th July 2010, 2:34 am

Thanks =)
I love when a permie "converts" lol
elleeccentric
elleeccentric

http://twitter.com/elleeccentric

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 24th July 2010, 6:36 pm

@Curlista OMG, your story sounds exactly like my scenario with my best friend!!! She was somewhat anti-natural too, but I could sense that deep down she was a little curious...LOL! We've had a few conversations about how to transition. And just like your friend, my friend got lazy and went a while without getting a relaxer, but it was mainly because she'd been wearing weave for a few months. Unfortunately, she got a relaxer when she took it out, but is considering going natural once and for all now! We just talked the other night and I was giving her some advice about it! She had soooo many questions, so this is how I know she wants to do it! She's getting another weave soon, and she "says" she will transition during that time! So we shall see!

What's sooo funny to me is that most of our closest friends & family that are so called "anti-natural" are usually the main ones that end up wanting to do it...especially after they've seen you go through with it and see how GORG your hair is!
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by curlista 24th July 2010, 7:41 pm

Yea she definitely wasn't curious, but her laziness got the best of hair lol. But it is interesting how everyone's "converting", I'm loving the movement Smile
curlista
curlista

Back to top Go down

Post by krys419 25th July 2010, 4:42 am

Hahah funny.

Lol I knw this is a little irrelevant but today (I guess yesterday, now) I went to my cousin's bridal shower and my aunt (her mom) looked at my hair 8 months post relaxer and said " you should just get dreads since you don't like doing your hair. It would look good"

lol Implying that my hair was not done/combed! lol mind you it was in a hump on top and a braid out in a claw clip in the back...smh My aunt has that 2b hair soooo maybe that is her issue..lol She is natural though. Now if I could only get my mom to go natural :-)

krys419

Back to top Go down

Post by JazmineB 27th July 2010, 9:29 am

krys315 wrote:Hahah funny.

Lol I knw this is a little irrelevant but today (I guess yesterday, now) I went to my cousin's bridal shower and my aunt (her mom) looked at my hair 8 months post relaxer and said " you should just get dreads since you don't like doing your hair. It would look good"

lol Implying that my hair was not done/combed! lol mind you it was in a hump on top and a braid out in a claw clip in the back...smh My aunt has that 2b hair soooo maybe that is her issue..lol She is natural though. Now if I could only get my mom to go natural :-)

lol my mom is 2bish and natural too and she says some crazy things sometimes. i do my 12 year old niece's transitioning hair in braids and cornrows in the front and she keeps asking me to straighten it. today she said "are you sure you don't want me to take her to the shop to get it flat ironed? to see what it looks like? i got so annoyed that i finally told her to go ahead. and she said "yea its TOO NAPPY to wear in braids." Suspect

and when i wear my hair out she says she likes it but looks at me crazy and says its "big." (well duh)

She says she likes my natural cottony hair but her statements say otherwise!
JazmineB
JazmineB

Back to top Go down

Post by JazmineB 27th July 2010, 9:31 am

curlista wrote:My friend was COMPLETELY anti-natural and it was definitely not on her to-do list lol. She was definitely addicted to the "creamy crack", every chance she got her hair was done. She HATED natural hair but on me it was ok because i had "good hair" smh. She'd never seen her natural hair except in baby pictures and refused to believe her mother when she said it actually used to be curly and cute lol.

Well imagine my surprise when she told me she's becoming natural this summer. She got lazy and hadn't gotten a perm in awhile and for the first time saw her true texture and loved it. Just now she called me for help, "what's deep conditioning?" "what products are good?" "can i still get oil sheen?" lol Anyway I'm just so proud of her and even if she decides to go back one day I'm still proud that she made this amazing change in attitude. I'm just so proud lol Very Happy

aww, yay! I bet it feels good to inspire someone close to you to go natural doesn't it?
JazmineB
JazmineB

Back to top Go down

Post by ciara89 27th July 2010, 2:48 pm

krys315 wrote:Hahah funny.

--how funny! your aunt reminds me of my grandmother, who is always trying to put her fingers in my hair, and trying to comb through my afro..lol i just think tht most older women are like that when it comes to hair, becuase it wasnt acceptance back then to have natural hair.--
ciara89
ciara89

Back to top Go down

Post by curlista 27th July 2010, 6:26 pm

@krys315 WOW and that still actually sounds really cute. I guess she's just not used to different textures, so anything that's not 2B is "messy" lol.

@JazmineB and yea it really is Smile i just hope she sticks with it
curlista
curlista

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down