CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lost and in need of guidance! Help!

4 posters

Go down

Lost and in need of guidance! Help! Empty Lost and in need of guidance! Help!

Post by cupcakesandshoes 17th July 2010, 12:03 am

Okay...I started out natural a few years ago, but in a pregnancy induced hormonal breakdown last winter I permed my hair right before giving birth! I know, I know! What was I thinking!!! So now I've big chopped again, But I'm very confused. I don't know what to do everyday and I don't know what to put on my hair. I'll give you a little bit of my routine:

I shampoo with Suave naturals cocount shampoo, or Carol's Daughters Black vanilla shampoo. I condition with Carol's Daughter's leave in, or Carol's Daughter's black vanilla hair smoothie, Or Pantene relaxed and natural deep conditioner. (in the jar...breakage defense, yada yada)

Some other products that I have laying around right now are unrefined shea butter, 100% aloe vera gel, evoo, KCCC, And I even have vitamin e oil.

I just went to TARGET and we have NO Shea Moisture products. I almso cried. Seriously. I'm looking for products that I can purchase in Sally's or drugstores. Although I'm not against buying products online.

What should I do? What should I try! I know that I really need moisture and shine. Any recipes? I'm open to anything anyone has to say! HEEEEEEEEEEEEELP! P.S. I've big chopped down to about 1 inch!
cupcakesandshoes
cupcakesandshoes

http://cupcakesandtiaras.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Lost and in need of guidance! Help! Empty Re: Lost and in need of guidance! Help!

Post by Naturally Esq 17th July 2010, 1:18 am

From what I have read on this site, natural hair temporarily becomes very dry after BC. You must balance moisture v protein in the products that you buy:
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/278612/the_fine_art_of_protein_and_moisture.html?singlepage=true&cat=69

I have been transitioning since 9/09, so I am not sure if my routine will be helpful to you but here it is: I use only Giovanni Products that can be bought at Whole Foods, Target, Walmart, CVS, Pharmaca, and health food stores. Once a week, I use Giovanni Smooth As Silk (SAS) Deeper Moisture Shampoo to poo, SAS Deeper Moisture Conditioner and Reconstructor to DC, SAS Xtreme Protein Infusion or Direct Leave In as leave in, I set my hair with Giovanni Natural Mousse Hair Styling Foam and seal (root to tip) with castor oil or EVCO. EVCO really makes my hair shine.

HTH
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Lost and in need of guidance! Help! Empty Re: Lost and in need of guidance! Help!

Post by cupcakesandshoes 17th July 2010, 2:02 am

Thanks...I definitely will look into this. We don't have any giovanni at any of those places around here! That makes me sad. I may just have to order online! thanks soooo much. I'm headed to that article now!
cupcakesandshoes
cupcakesandshoes

Back to top Go down

Post by Tmochava 17th July 2010, 6:34 pm

I would just keep my hair moisturized. Qhemet Biologics has great hair moisturizers, they are a staple in my hair regimen. A good conditioner is Herbal Essence Hello Hydration which can be found at Walmart and Target as well as any pharmacy store such as Walgreens. I hear V05 conditioners are good too and you can find those at the Dollar Store. TJ Maxx, Ross, and Marshalls usually have Giovanni products too.
Tmochava
Tmochava

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 17th July 2010, 8:02 pm

The giovanni products are not with the haircare stuff @ target. They are by the soap and makeup.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by cupcakesandshoes 18th July 2010, 1:46 am

I looked by the soap and the makeup in Target. They don't have the Shea Moisture or the Giovanni products. They do howver have say yes to cucumbers. I'm gonna pick that up.

I FOUND TONS OF HUGE TALL GIOVANNI BOTTLES OF SHAMPOO AND CONDITIONER AT TJ MAXX! But they don't have the direct leave in. I'm gonna check around on the site and see if i should get the tea tee or the deep moisture.

Thanks so much for your help ladies!
cupcakesandshoes
cupcakesandshoes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down