CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Im little skeptical, please help? :{

+5
krissyc39
lumii
labon10
afrochic
NaturallyBriaful
9 posters

Go down

Im little skeptical, please help? :{ Empty Im little skeptical, please help? :{

Post by NaturallyBriaful 16th July 2010, 3:02 am

Hey ladies, Iv recentley been on my natural hair journey for about 4months now and i have like 2 inches of new growth. Today i just took out my kinky twists, and i literally had a meltdown.I really dont know what to do with my hair at the moment its a mess, and it seems thin and less longer than usual.It also breaks off like crazy. Before my journey i was apl, but know i really want to be natural now. Im so stressed out ,do ya'll think i should just take the plunge and just cut it now?Plus im worried abt the reaction from my boyfriend and close friends etc.. :/ Help?
NaturallyBriaful
NaturallyBriaful

Back to top Go down

Im little skeptical, please help? :{ Empty Re: Im little skeptical, please help? :{

Post by afrochic 16th July 2010, 3:07 am

i say that u should just cut it!
and dont look back.
i hope i helped?
afrochic
afrochic

Back to top Go down

Im little skeptical, please help? :{ Empty Re: Im little skeptical, please help? :{

Post by labon10 16th July 2010, 9:20 am

If you are not ready to cut it, don't. Make sure you do a DC every week and lay off the heat. Your hair will recover. Don't worry about the length, concentrate on the health.

How long did you have the twists in?

labon10

Back to top Go down

Post by lumii 16th July 2010, 9:30 am

You should first think about it before doing it!
How long did you intend to transition? It depends on you if you can deal with the short hair but I would advice you to wait a little bit if you're still uncomfortable with the length of your hair
lumii
lumii

Back to top Go down

Post by krissyc39 16th July 2010, 5:26 pm

krissyc39
krissyc39

Back to top Go down

Post by komirra 17th July 2010, 12:38 am

im also transitioning right now, and i say dont cut ur hair until ur comfortable with the length, ive been transitioing for 8 months and im still not completelly comfortable with the length. but if u are ready dont talk ur self out if doing it, get a constinet reggie to keeo ur haiir growing
komirra
komirra

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturallyBriaful 17th July 2010, 2:08 am

labon10 wrote:If you are not ready to cut it, don't. Make sure you do a DC every week and lay off the heat. Your hair will recover. Don't worry about the length, concentrate on the health.

How long did you have the twists in?

I only had them in for about a month and some weeks. And girl iam ready to cut im excited and nervous at the same time. I already made a appointment tomorrow. So im ready. Smile

Komirra: Girl Iv already thaught about it and im ready. i cant even transition anymore, Im so fed up with this hair i just want it gone and i think i would feel much liberating and free when i cut it. Im sure, it'll be alittle new but i will be okay with it. Theres aboslultey nothing i can do to this relaxed hair. Im only looking forward at the moment not looking back. Im little skeptical, please help? :{ Icon_biggrin
NaturallyBriaful
NaturallyBriaful

Back to top Go down

Post by afrochic 17th July 2010, 3:45 pm

the reason i said u should cut it is because i'm just a scissor happy person l0l

good luck on ur cut! let us know how it looks!
afrochic
afrochic

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 17th July 2010, 8:10 pm

I agree with afrochic because I am very scissor happy too! lol I was definitely not comfortable with super short hair, but I just got to a point where I could not take it anymore and I needed to be FREE! But if you don't end up cutting it, then DC and see if it helps with the breakage.
Ebbz
Ebbz

https://www.facebook.com/ekragin or www.twitter.com/TRUELIFE_ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturallyBriaful 17th July 2010, 10:10 pm

Well i cut it girls!!!! Imma post some pics soon. Smile
NaturallyBriaful
NaturallyBriaful

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 17th July 2010, 10:14 pm

yayyyyy! Congrats! can't wait to see the pics. Im little skeptical, please help? :{ 879602
Ebbz
Ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturallyBriaful 17th July 2010, 10:18 pm

Ebbz wrote:yayyyyy! Congrats! can't wait to see the pics. Im little skeptical, please help? :{ 879602

Haha your crazy girl, lol! Smile Imma try my best to take some today but i could used to being natural. Also today while it was being cut im suprised that i didnt cry. I just kept laughing and laughing girl lol. Smile But i need to build a new regimen. Could you list some products that would be benefetial to use?
NaturallyBriaful
NaturallyBriaful

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 17th July 2010, 11:23 pm

A lot of the products that I used while transitioning, I still use now.

Suave conditioners (especially Humectant and the Naturals conditioners, or the Almond and Shea)
Shea Butter
IC Fantasia Gel

I've heard good things about Organic Root Stimulators products too. Do you plan on following the curly girl method? I would say I use a modified version of it because my shampoo has sulfates in it and I use products with cones in them every once in a while, but they work for me.
Water is very important though. Get a spray bottle and put some water and oils in it and spritz your hair with it whenever it feels dry (which will probably happen a lot) and use it to re-wet your hair whenever you want to style it but don't feel like washing it.
Ebbz
Ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by afrochic 18th July 2010, 1:42 am

yay!!!!! u cut it!!!! i'm sooooo happy for u!!!!!!
afrochic
afrochic

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturallyBriaful 18th July 2010, 3:28 am

Ebbz wrote:A lot of the products that I used while transitioning, I still use now.

Suave conditioners (especially Humectant and the Naturals conditioners, or the Almond and Shea)
Shea Butter
IC Fantasia Gel

I've heard good things about Organic Root Stimulators products too. Do you plan on following the curly girl method? I would say I use a modified version of it because my shampoo has sulfates in it and I use products with cones in them every once in a while, but they work for me.
Water is very important though. Get a spray bottle and put some water and oils in it and spritz your hair with it whenever it feels dry (which will probably happen a lot) and use it to re-wet your hair whenever you want to style it but don't feel like washing it.

Whats a "curly girl method" lol, I have heard about kinky-curly prodcuts are those good? And im very picky about the ingredients in the produts i use. But the only thing i have right now is some shea butter moisturizer... Razz Ill try to go to sally's and get some products next friday though.

Afrochic: Thank you so much! Smile<33
NaturallyBriaful
NaturallyBriaful

Back to top Go down

Post by afrochic 18th July 2010, 2:19 pm

no prob:)
afrochic
afrochic

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 18th July 2010, 2:43 pm

The curly girl method is basically, co washing, no shampoo, not using any products with silicones in them (mineral oil, petroleum and anything that ends in -cone or -conol), no parabens, no heat or very little heat.....you can look it up on youtube i think. I personally think that it's kind of extreme. That's why I only follow a modified method. I use minimal heat and some of my products have cones and parabens in them. I have never used Kinky Curly but I heard they are good products. They are very expensive and not on the affordable side for people our age though unless you have very generous parents. lol

But until you can get to a store, just try to keep your hair as moisturized as possible and it might take moisturizing it more than once a day. My ends are very dry and brittle so I have to moisturized them 2-3 times a day.
Ebbz
Ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturallyBriaful 18th July 2010, 3:17 pm

Ebbz wrote:The curly girl method is basically, co washing, no shampoo, not using any products with silicones in them (mineral oil, petroleum and anything that ends in -cone or -conol), no parabens, no heat or very little heat.....you can look it up on youtube i think. I personally think that it's kind of extreme. That's why I only follow a modified method. I use minimal heat and some of my products have cones and parabens in them. I have never used Kinky Curly but I heard they are good products. They are very expensive and not on the affordable side for people our age though unless you have very generous parents. lol

But until you can get to a store, just try to keep your hair as moisturized as possible and it might take moisturizing it more than once a day. My ends are very dry and brittle so I have to moisturized them 2-3 times a day.

Yeah that does sound extreme, but i still use all natural products though. Smile And yeah "genorous parents"? pfft. But i have a job now so im able to afford them. Smile And okay moisture is the key, okay..okay. Smile Ty and imma put the pics up today.
NaturallyBriaful
NaturallyBriaful

Back to top Go down

Post by afrochic 20th July 2010, 12:55 pm

^ so i told ya'll how i'm scissor happy and eveyone has been BC-ing like u and Ebbz.... so i'm goin to the salon today to get a haircut!!!!

i dont know how short i want it yet..... but i straightened my hair last night and it is collar bone length cuz last time i cut off 3 inches by myself :0

sooooo i will let ya'll know how the cut turns out!!!
afrochic
afrochic

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 20th July 2010, 1:20 pm

wooooohooooo! Im little skeptical, please help? :{ 879602
Ebbz
Ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallygifted_4 20th July 2010, 2:50 pm

let's c pics!Smile
naturallygifted_4
naturallygifted_4

Back to top Go down

Post by kanishanashay 21st July 2010, 5:05 pm

I'm happy you made the appointment, I hope it goes well!

When I big chopped, I didn't even think about it.
I was just like, "Let's just do it!"
And I kind of regretted that Sad
I big chopped on June 6 after 6 months of transitioning.

While I'm SO happy that I am fully natural now, I think that if I could turn back the hands of time I would have waited a few more months. But that's just me!

Make sure that you don't worry about the opinions of others. Have you told your boyfriend? You're the one who has to live with it so you're the one who has to love it Smile

A lot of people in my circle weren't really supportive and their really mean comments were hard to deal with. So just brace yourself for that.

Other than that, welcome to the club! Very Happy
kanishanashay
kanishanashay

https://www.youtube.com/KPlocochick

Back to top Go down

Post by afrochic 22nd July 2010, 3:36 pm

I cut it yesterday!!! i got layers and took off an inch and a half off every layer!!!! and boy is it short!!!!! l0l
but i love it and pics will be coming soon!!
afrochic
afrochic

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturallyBriaful 23rd July 2010, 12:54 pm

naturallygifted_4 wrote:let's c pics!Smile
imma upload today
NaturallyBriaful
NaturallyBriaful

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturallyBriaful 29th July 2010, 3:00 pm

Im little skeptical, please help? :{ 01111

Im little skeptical, please help? :{ 01212

Im little skeptical, please help? :{ 01312

Here they are,finally.
NaturallyBriaful
NaturallyBriaful

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum