CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Collarbone vs. Shoulder Length

+5
xtremelyperfect
krazy coils
C.
krissyc39
Juices-n-Berries
9 posters

Go down

Collarbone vs. Shoulder Length Empty Collarbone vs. Shoulder Length

Post by Juices-n-Berries 6th July 2010, 11:51 pm

Not to fuel any length obsessions and not that it matters. But since I think I'm nearing one of these lengths (in the back) I just wanted to get some clarity. I couldn't find a chart that mentioned collarbone length. I found a few debates on this, and several people claimed that shoulder length hair is LONGER than collarbone length. Me being in the medical field and knowing the bones, I just don't see how this is possible. I considered shoulder length hair that comes to the top of the shoulders just below the neck and just enough to grace the shoulders. And collarbone length at the bottom actual collarbone (not the collar). You know the one that sticks out in the front on really skinny people like me. But not at the top where the bone starts, more toward the middle where the two collarbones come together. So to me, collarbone length would be longer than shoulder length.

Help... if you can... and I haven't made you even more confused. Lol.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Collarbone vs. Shoulder Length Empty Re: Collarbone vs. Shoulder Length

Post by krissyc39 6th July 2010, 11:57 pm

i don't know if there's a difference and if there is the two are so close that it shouldn't be that big of a deal... the important thing is that your hair is growing!

P.S. once you get there you'll be too busy playing with your curlies to notice [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
krissyc39
krissyc39

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 7th July 2010, 12:49 am

Thanks! You're right. It wasn't really a concern. I'm just curious. I don't want to say I'm one thing and have somebody looking at me like [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] lol
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by C. 7th July 2010, 7:39 am

im in the medical field too (but stil in school) and i think that collar bone length is longer, but only slightly. i think it has alot to do with what you consider shoulder/collarbone length. i consider shoulder length hair to be hair that grazes/sits on the top of the shoulder. if your hair can fall in front of your shoulders (however slightly) then you are collarbone length or longer..

but i just want to add that i dont think it really matters because the lengths are so close that in a month, what may be 'shoulder length' will become 'collarbone length'
hth

p.s. my hair is abt shoulder length stretched in the back

C.

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 7th July 2010, 7:55 am

I also think that collarbone length is slightly longer than shoulder length.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 7th July 2010, 8:56 am

Kinda_Curly_Cassie09 wrote:im in the medical field too (but stil in school) and i think that collar bone length is longer, but only slightly. i think it has alot to do with what you consider shoulder/collarbone length. i consider shoulder length hair to be hair that grazes/sits on the top of the shoulder. if your hair can fall in front of your shoulders (however slightly) then you are collarbone length or longer..

but i just want to add that i dont think it really matters because the lengths are so close that in a month, what may be 'shoulder length' will become 'collarbone length'
hth

p.s. my hair is abt shoulder length stretched in the back

this is exactly what I thought! and exactly how I feel!

They were arguing about this on another site and I thought it was quite clear. You definitely explained it better than me though lol.

And thanks everyone for responding. I know I can trust my CN friends.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by xtremelyperfect 7th July 2010, 1:33 pm

well on another site i posted a pic of myself and said i was shoulder length and some girl responded and was like umm not to burst your bubble but you're only collar bone length. Suspect

i didn't even get into the argument cause i personally think collar bone is prob longer and really who the hell cares?! scratch lol. from now on i will keep my milestone celebrations to myself lol.

Last edited by xtremelyperfect on 7th July 2010, 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
xtremelyperfect
xtremelyperfect

http://fuckyeahnadia.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by wyldhoney 7th July 2010, 2:02 pm

I pretty much agree with the consensus. Unless you're a freak whose collar is higher than your shoulders, collar-bone length is obviously the longer of the two.
wyldhoney
wyldhoney

Back to top Go down

Post by Morshaye 7th July 2010, 4:33 pm

I also agree with you ladies. Collar bone length is longer than shoulder length. Whoever doesn't agree may want to invest in an anatomy class.
Morshaye
Morshaye

Back to top Go down

Post by Keisha 7th July 2010, 6:45 pm

I agree, collarbone length is longer than shoulder length but, couldnt a person be collarbone length in the front and shoulder length in the back? A person wouldnt use collarbone length to measure the back of their hair right? I know the hair in the back of my head is shoulder length and im grazing collarbone length in the front. Same way a person could be APL in the back and maybe collarbone length in the front... Unless your hair is even all around. I know my hair isnt even all around, so therefore i'll reach APL in the back before my front strands reach APL. Hope that makes sense.
Keisha
Keisha

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 7th July 2010, 7:08 pm

If we're talking from the top of the shoulder, then collarbone length is longer. The next length will likely be arm pit length, I believe.
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 8th July 2010, 2:25 am

xtremelyperfect wrote:well on another site i posted a pic of myself and said i was shoulder length and some girl responded and was like umm not to burst your bubble but you're only collar bone length. Suspect

i didn't even get into the argument cause i personally think collar bone is prob longer and really who the hell cares?! scratch lol. from now on i will keep my milestone celebrations to myself lol.

We are probably referring to the same site. That's what I get for venturing out of CN. Lol.

wyldhoney wrote:I pretty much agree with the consensus. Unless you're a freak whose collar is higher than your shoulders, collar-bone length is obviously the longer of the two.

Morshaye wrote:I also agree with you ladies. Collar bone length is longer than shoulder length. Whoever doesn't agree may want to invest in an anatomy class.

Yea... exactly what I was thinking

Keisha wrote:I agree, collarbone length is longer than shoulder length but, couldnt a person be collarbone length in the front and shoulder length in the back? A person wouldnt use collarbone length to measure the back of their hair right? I know the hair in the back of my head is shoulder length and im grazing collarbone length in the front. Same way a person could be APL in the back and maybe collarbone length in the front... Unless your hair is even all around. I know my hair isnt even all around, so therefore i'll reach APL in the back before my front strands reach APL. Hope that makes sense.

Definitely. My hair in the back graces my shoulders but in the front, I'm only about nose tip length. So you could have many lengths on one head. Actually, for me, my hair is close to the same length all around but of course depending on where you are on my head it would fall near a different body part.

I knew I could rely on my CN friends for some rationale. Thanks all! Case closed.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down