CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Confidence

+5
dajewel
Napp_Napp_Cat
krys419
LaToya28
Janique
9 posters

Go down

Confidence Empty Confidence

Post by Janique 5th July 2010, 11:45 am

At first when I cut my hair, i didn't really feel any sort of way. But after a few days of wearing twists and then doing a twistout, I started feeling more confident. No one could tell me nothing about my hair! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I think that just being different from the norm of relaxed hair makes me stand out for the better and I feel like I'm embracing me. When I was relaxed, I was never happy with my hair, always complaining it felt damaged or just didn't feel right. Now I'm happy to say my hair is truly healthy and I [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] my natural hair.
Janique
Janique

Back to top Go down

Confidence Empty Re: Confidence

Post by LaToya28 5th July 2010, 12:50 pm

Good for you Janique!!

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Confidence Empty Good for u!

Post by krys419 5th July 2010, 4:47 pm

Good.

My problem is that my permed hair right now has never really been shorter than my picture. Right now it is 2 inches longer. I just can't imagine doing abig chop when I have never had short hair before. that is why I do not plan on big chopping.

Glad for u though!

krys419

Back to top Go down

Post by Janique 5th July 2010, 4:50 pm

Well krys I waited 22 months before I chopped so I don't know if it could be considered a big chop.
Janique
Janique

Back to top Go down

Post by krys419 5th July 2010, 7:58 pm

Oh okay! Were u trimming little by little? I want to wait 2 or 3 years before the big chop. So far it's been almost 8 months

krys419

Back to top Go down

Post by Napp_Napp_Cat 5th July 2010, 8:00 pm

I was the same way! I transitioned for about one full year with braids and then I finally did a small chop and I'm now lobing my natural hair!!

Congrats & Best Wishes!!
Napp_Napp_Cat
Napp_Napp_Cat

http://theabccollege.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Janique 6th July 2010, 12:03 am

I would pretty much trim whenever I felt like it...like every 2 or 3 months. I would also do search and destroys, cutting out whatever split ends and knots I saw. I wanted to wait 2 1/2 years for my transition, but the straight ends were really annoying, and I had way more natural hair then relaxed....there was no point in keeping them in any longer, especially if you aren't transitioning with braids or weaves and have to deal with your hair on a day to day basis.
Janique
Janique

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 6th July 2010, 1:04 am

honestly, i am much more confident with my natural hair than with my flat ironed hair....but i don't know if its the hair or a combo of hair and wisdom that comes from aging
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 6th July 2010, 5:39 am

I, too, feel so much more confidence with my natural hair. I feel unique and naturally beautiful when I walk into a room afro
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 8th July 2010, 12:02 am

Amen......
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyQueso 9th July 2010, 10:30 pm

When I first thought about going natural and doing the BC, I was scared of what people would think or say. But one day I was sitting home bored and I just said to myself, "Just do it!". So I went to the bathroom and cut it all off and I feel great. Everytime I go to the mirror and look at my hair, I just smile. I get so excited and I find myself on different websites and youtube videos all day, every day, looking for new hairstyles, how to grow healthy hair, and just gaining more knowledge in general. I feel way more confident now with my short natural hair than I ever did with my relaxed hair. I'm looking forward to the future of long, curly, and healthy hair! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
CurlyQueso
CurlyQueso

Back to top Go down

Post by Blex 12th July 2010, 12:45 am

Hi ladies! I BCed May 8th after 4 1/2 months of transitioning and when i saw it, I HATED IT!! I cried, and didnt want to go anywhere. I felt that I looked like a boy, so I've been flat ironing twice a week since then. When i washed my hair this morning it was sooooo dry and rough and barely even curled! I was so shocked and didn't know what to do. I deep deep deep conditioned and it got a lil better so I made up my mind that I will rock my twa. Today I actually went out in public with it and got a few compliments! Tomorrow will be the first time going to work and school with it but I really think I am ready for it!
Blex
Blex

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 12th July 2010, 1:27 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content