CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wyldhoney - A....P...L!!!!!!

+23
jlowman1
ChrsLvsBks
Intelligentbeauty
CocoEuro
Cnicoles6
TheRYL1
CrissyQ
nattyblog
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
NubieNatty
Lynnieluve
CurlsGalore
Nikcoils
krazy coils
QuietButterfly
MellowOne
KinkyNappyHappy
newcurlieque
sweetdrk1
curlsunfurled
Buttercup76
Mom2KurlyT
wyldhoney
27 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Wyldhoney - A....P...L!!!!!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Wyldhoney - A....P...L!!!!!!

Post by wyldhoney 5th January 2011, 10:03 pm

Well guys I didn't last the day with the headband, I started getting a headache. So I made a ponytail with the elastic and tucked the ends under in a sort of a bun.

Tonight I spritzed and banded. My spritz is distilled water, jojoba oil and a few drops of lavender oil. I need to buy some tea tree b/c I know by this weekend I'll be itchy.

Tangled, when you say rolling do you mean with curlers?
wyldhoney
wyldhoney

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 5th January 2011, 10:45 pm

wyldhoney wrote:I feel so dumb - thought the tree had snuck into one of the photos...forgot that I had admitted it right there in my post Embarassed

Today is the 2nd day of my mini twists and so far I love them. They're not very uniform, but I can see the potential.

I tried practicing some pinned updos but they came out looking...well, the less said about that the better. I realise that I look better with 'out' hair. So I rationalised that once my ends were up off my collar, I would be in a protective style.

So today I'm just rocking a headband. The back layer of my twists is pulled up, so it looks like my hair is shorter. Who would have thought that I'd be FAKING shorter hair! I'm thrilled. I think I'll be able to style my twists like my loose hair, just once I pin or tuck the back up so that it's not rubbing on my collar.

Wyldhoney - A....P...L!!!!!! - Page 5 5jan1110

I need to start wearing hair accessories. I have a few flowers and lots of headbands but every time I put one on I just feel dumb and take it off 10 minutes later. But my hair is too plain!!

Look at that beautiful smile! Love that pic!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by wyldhoney 7th January 2011, 10:45 am

Thank you Sweet! I hate taking pics, I am so unphotogenic. But I'm sucking it up and documenting my hair for SCIENCE!!!! study

I was naughty today - my hair is down in the back. But it's Friday, I deserve a little fun, right? Here's what I look like today:

Wyldhoney - A....P...L!!!!!! - Page 5 7jan1110

4 days and it's already FUZZYWUZZY. I tie it down every night and either braid/band to keep it stretched. I don't care though - I spent too much time on this to take it down this weekend. I'll be wearing it into the ground!
wyldhoney
wyldhoney

Back to top Go down

Post by atangledmess 7th January 2011, 12:24 pm

WH: Laughing I hears ya. Have a good weekend. We're in the midst of another snow, mini, storm in NYC.

atangledmess

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 7th January 2011, 7:35 pm

I'm am sitting at my desk cracking up. I'm here catching up on your thread (cause I've been MIA) and you are making my day. I'm on page 3 have a lot more to go!! Okay now we have Nubie, RYL1 and you to keep things going up in here!!

I have to get back to work, but not photogenic....heck to the no!!! The camera loves you!!! You have a smile that is contagious....I'll check back tonight to finish catching up!! "Posting nekked pictures" too funny!!!

((hugs)) & I love you
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 11th January 2011, 8:09 pm

Just stoping, dont know if i have ever visited you before. Dont worry the camera does not like me either. I can think I am the finest thing once i finish my hair, sit down and take a pic and i am like who the heck is that! lol!
Your hair looks great, i will make sure I come back to visit.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by wyldhoney 12th January 2011, 7:22 am

atangledmess wrote:WH: Laughing I hears ya. Have a good weekend. We're in the midst of another snow, mini, storm in NYC.

Hey Tangled - are you guys still buried in snow up there? Every so often I get tired of tropical island life and miss my boots, turtlenecks and coats. But then January hits and all my friends on the East Coast start bawling about being buried under snow mountains and I realise that beach life is much better!

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:I'm am sitting at my desk cracking up. I'm here catching up on your thread (cause I've been MIA) and you are making my day. I'm on page 3 have a lot more to go!! Okay now we have Nubie, RYL1 and you to keep things going up in here!!

I have to get back to work, but not photogenic....heck to the no!!! The camera loves you!!! You have a smile that is contagious....I'll check back tonight to finish catching up!! "Posting nekked pictures" too funny!!!

((hugs)) & I love you

Hi KNH! Thanks for visiting my little spot! I never find that I'm sooo funny but I must be some sort of natural clown or something. jocolor

Trust me I usually feel fly in every day life and then someone takes a picture and I catch a glimpse of that five-head...NOT CUTE!! But I just grit my teeth and swagger my way through pics and stuff because in this facebook generation what are you gonna do? I currently am holding my NYE photos hostage but the boyfriend is starting to make enquiries...*sigh* I'll have to post em soon.

CrissyQ wrote:Just stoping, dont know if i have ever visited you before. Dont worry the camera does not like me either. I can think I am the finest thing once i finish my hair, sit down and take a pic and i am like who the heck is that! lol!
Your hair looks great, i will make sure I come back to visit.

Thanks for visiting CrissyQ! I totally know what you mean! Who is that and where did my cute self go? For my friend's wedding a few years ago (I was a bridesmaid) she took me aside and said "I'm gonna teach you how to angle your face for pics because you are in the wedding party and you CANNOT duck the formal photo session". Then the photographer decided to stalk me and was all up in my face with the camera. My favourite pic from that day is one where I've got the best "PISS OFF!" face because I was soooo annoyed! In fact let me see if I can find it.

Wyldhoney - A....P...L!!!!!! - Page 5 N6984911
wyldhoney
wyldhoney

Back to top Go down

Post by wyldhoney 12th January 2011, 7:28 am

So me and my mini-twists have made it to day 7!!

Upkeep over the weekend was not so meticulous, so they were looking a bit fuzzy and beat up. Last night I redid the front with some of my cocoa-shea butter and jojoba mix.

Side note: Shea butter is the BOMB! I had been hesistant to try becase a) it was so expensive and b) a lot of people on here didn't like it for their hair but I found a place that sold little sample sizes for $10 so I took the plunge and I'm so glad I did! It's heavy enough to hold my fine hair and at the same time light enough not to leave it weighed down, if that makes sense. I'll invest in some more and add that to my list staples, since I'm trying to migrate to more natural products.

Anyway, the twists are a bit too busted to wear down, so for the rest of the week I'll be attempting some pin up styles. While I was playing last night I stumbled upon a nice one, so I tied it up all pinned up and this morning it looks great! Let me see if this webcam will give me a decent pic:

Ok no webcam pic failed. I'll take one with my camera when it's a decent hour.

But day 7 of the mini twists and still going strong! I'll definitely be able to make it 'till the weekend.
wyldhoney
wyldhoney

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 12th January 2011, 12:22 pm

I have mini twist in too and i am on day 5. i am going to try to do day 7 and hopefully a cute twist out for the weekeknd. Check out my blog, I usually keep updtes on there. Have a great one, can't wait to see pics
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by wyldhoney 14th January 2011, 12:11 pm

CrissyQ wrote:I have mini twist in too and i am on day 5. i am going to try to do day 7 and hopefully a cute twist out for the weekeknd. Check out my blog, I usually keep updtes on there. Have a great one, can't wait to see pics

Chrissy, your blog is now part of my Google Reader RSS feed! I need to collect all of y'alls blogs on there, so I can have tons of hair stuff to read on evenings and weekends.

I have been very naughty and haven't looked at my blog. To be honest there's nothing to blog about when my hair has been twisted up for so long. Should I start blogging about shopping? I'm too broke to buy anything but man do I love hitting up the sample sale sites. Window shopping has never been this easy!

So today is the final day of my mini-twists. I can't keep them in for the full two weeks because I won't have enough time on Tuesday for takedown and re-doing. So I'll take them down tomorrow evening, and have a wash day on Sunday.

My hair still looks great - I'm sure I could stretch it for another week if I really wanted to, but I'm terrible about playing in my hair! Going two weeks without washing was a real struggle, since washday is my favourite day! Protective styling is like oatmeal - so good for you but I have to force myself to do it. No curls to boing! I'm going nuts!!

Anyway, last night I braided the twists to crimp them and was surprised at the length. Today I am wearing them down with a flower because it's Friday! Excuse the glasses - I was too lazy to pop in my contacts this morning.

Wyldhoney - A....P...L!!!!!! - Page 5 14jan110

Ciao bellas!
wyldhoney
wyldhoney

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 14th January 2011, 1:32 pm

Thnaks for adding me, what do you mean what do you blog about. blog about anything, i like to read about anything, hair, clothes, tv, personal stuff Razz . i am sure you can find something to talk about. You hair is growing good, I guess all that protective styling is paying off. I wear glasses too but this summer I am investing in some contacts. have a great weekend.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by wyldhoney 14th January 2011, 2:33 pm

Crissy, I don't know what my problem is - I talk so much to everyone but I can't seem to be disciplined enough to put it in writing on my blog!

You will love your contacts. I got mine at 15 or so and seeing the world WITHOUT anything resting on your face is really mind-blowing. I've been wearing glasses since I was 5 so you can well imagine.

You know, I started protective styling in the summer and was quite disappointed that I wasn't getting the results I expected. Turns out I was just an idiot because I was twisting on wet hair so obviously it was all shrunken. Finally waking up to dry styling is a mind blower. I hope having my hair stretched all the time will also help me with my ssk's, those little buggers have been plaguing my life.
wyldhoney
wyldhoney

Back to top Go down

Post by wyldhoney 19th January 2011, 11:02 am

Mmmm, I am being naughty!!!

I had my hair up Monday and yesterday, but then I co-washed last night (after 2.5 weeks I just needed some water on my head!) and had a marathon detangling session. I lost enough hair to knit a scarf for my cat!

Anyway I had great intentions - I plaited my hair to stretch and the plan was to bun in the am....but!

I was feeling myself WAYYYYY too much this morning, and my hair was just NOT interested in being subdued. The plaits weren't quite dry when I took them down, so I was left with a mass of cotton ball fluff. What does that mean? PUFF TIME!!!

Everyone at work was quite impressed - my hair is kind of huge and in no way is it a professional work style but I am fly and nobody can't tell me no different! I even did a makeup look, broke out my pinks and purples and my blue MAC gel liner. I need to learn how to do closeup shots though...you can't see my makeup in the pics I took.

I chose to arrive at work 10 mins late because I was having an impromptu photo shoot before I left the house.

Hope everyone is having a magnificent day!!

Wyldhoney - A....P...L!!!!!! - Page 5 19jan110

Wyldhoney - A....P...L!!!!!! - Page 5 19jan111

Wyldhoney - A....P...L!!!!!! - Page 5 19jan112

Last edited by wyldhoney on 19th January 2011, 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added photos)
wyldhoney
wyldhoney

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 19th January 2011, 11:52 am

Cute pic with the glasses and the LOVE the puff pic!!!!

And you said you were not photogenic
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 19th January 2011, 12:24 pm

Ha ha you are crazy, enuff hair to knit a scarf. You look great! The eye make-up is cute. Do you alwways wear it or just when you feel like putting it on? I am trying to get better at this make-up thing but with a 2 year old pulling at your leg in the mornings, I am greatful if i comb my hair.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by wyldhoney 24th January 2011, 5:23 am

Lynnieluve wrote:Cute pic with the glasses and the LOVE the puff pic!!!!

And you said you were not photogenic

Thanks Lynnie. I guess sometimes I just don't like seeing my face, if you know what I mean. Gotta be so careful of the angles with my 5-head and Williams nose. Williams is my family name on my mom's side, and all of us have this nose. Drives me crazy!

CrissyQ wrote:Ha ha you are crazy, enuff hair to knit a scarf. You look great! The eye make-up is cute. Do you alwways wear it or just when you feel like putting it on? I am trying to get better at this make-up thing but with a 2 year old pulling at your leg in the mornings, I am greatful if i comb my hair.

Crissy, my moods change so much day to day - sometimes I spend 30 minutes doing a whole face and some days if I feel like slapping on some gloss then that's a lot. I try to do at least eyeliner, mascara and gloss because I find that gives a put-together look without much effort. Or I slap on a red lipstick and distract everyone from the fact that I have no other makeup on. Tricks!!

So last week was my naughty week. Although I did wear a bun most of the week, I still felt naught because I had to braid every night to keep it from tangling. I felt like all that manipulation wasn't the best for my hair. I haven't seen any ill effects but I just don't feel like it was beneficial. On Saturday during the day I wore my hair in a curly fro with a tiara to push it back. I thought it looked super crazy but everyone else loved it. It's kind of cool to be walking amongst a crowd of straight, slicked back hair and catch a glimpse in the mirror of the untamed glory on your head! I was certainly drawing attention.

Saturday night I went to a beach party (stupidly dressed in shorts). I froze my butt off before stealing my friend's blanket to wear as a sarong. We laughed about how us island folk get goosebumps in temps less than 80 degrees. We had some tourists at the party who couldn't understand why we wouldn't get into the water. For crying out loud, it's January at night! It's winter!! I don't care if the water is warm to you, you Eskimo - for us in the tropics beach time before March is a no-no.

I did a fro-hawk for the party and felt pretty fierce. I kind of like the undefined look - I felt like a rebel.

Wyldhoney - A....P...L!!!!!! - Page 5 16517110

Excuse the quality, my bb sucks.

So after all the punishment of the past week, I decided to get my act together. I DC'd on dry hair with my usual Garnier Fructis Colour Shield (I get that one because it's always on sale for 9.99 rather than the 20.99 of the other ones). I plaited my damp hair to stretch it (used HEHH as a leave in) with some shea butter. I woke up at 2:30 in the morning for no reason so I figured I might as well twist up. Didn't want to spend 20 years so I twisted in large twists, just using the sections from my plaits. I'm not usually a fan of large twists on me but I've got enough length now that it doesn't look all geek.

Will take pics of the twists when I've managed to locate my camera. Cheers ladies!!
wyldhoney
wyldhoney

Back to top Go down

Post by wyldhoney 2nd March 2011, 11:47 pm

Okay so it's only the back that has reached my armpits, but I still think it qualifies!!

I made a LOOONG post about it on my blog so if you want to hear me ramble you can go there to read it.

My hair is doing great and I attribute it to three things:

1) Protective styling. My hair has been in minitwists for 4 out of 5 weeks (in 2 week stints). I figure that keeping my hair up 80% of the time keeps my ends from tangling and my hair from drying out.

2) Less washing. I now shampoo only once every five weeks using diluted shampoo and co-wash and DC every two weeks. I infuse with moisture in between using my spritz, which leads me to....

3) Better products. Because I'm washing less, I cut way back on non-'natural' ingredients. My co-wash and leave-in have cones (HEHH for both uses), but I only use them twice a month. Other than that, I use my shea-aloe mix to twist/seal/smooth my hair, and one of two spritzes to moisturize. If I'm wearing my hair loose, I use a homemade aloe-jojoba-lavender spritz. If I'm in twists, I will use African Pride Braid & Weave Ease Out Spray. I started using it just to get rid of it, but quickly discovered that my twisted hair loves glycerin.

All in all, I'm thrilled with my progress and am proud to call myself a member of the APL club! I honestly thought my hair would NEVER grow this long. It's taken me forever (about 3 years) but I got there!

Wyldhoney - A....P...L!!!!!! - Page 5 3mar1110

Last edited by wyldhoney on 3rd March 2011, 9:55 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added photo)
wyldhoney
wyldhoney

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 3rd March 2011, 12:33 am

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Wyldhoney - A....P...L!!!!!! - Page 5 617583 I'm so happy for you. I know you were a little discouraged a few months ago and now look Shocked....APL!!!

Keep doing what you're doing because it's working!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 3rd March 2011, 2:16 am

Your routine sounds solid! Keep up the great work and congrats on APL!!!! Very Happy
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 3rd March 2011, 7:55 am

Congratulations!!! APL....awesome!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum