CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interview Hairstyles??

+4
NaturalNixon
Napp_Napp_Cat
BajanPrincess82
TeachEmB
8 posters

Go down

Interview Hairstyles?? Empty Interview Hairstyles??

Post by TeachEmB 27th June 2010, 11:07 pm

I recently graduated from college and I'm on the job hunt for a teaching position. I'm stumped on how to style my hair for interviews. Please help me out!

Thanks in advance!!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
TeachEmB
TeachEmB

Back to top Go down

Interview Hairstyles?? Empty Re: Interview Hairstyles??

Post by BajanPrincess82 27th June 2010, 11:49 pm

I've been interviewing lately also and have been keeping my hair pretty tamed for them. I either wear a puff, ponytail, or bun. Kind of boring, but I'm trying to get them to focus on me and my personality and not my hair!
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by TeachEmB 28th June 2010, 12:15 am

I wish that I could put my hair in a bun but it is too short [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ! That is exactly want I'm afraid of. I'm leaning towards a wig if I can't figure something out!
TeachEmB
TeachEmB

Back to top Go down

Post by Napp_Napp_Cat 28th June 2010, 10:43 am

I would suggest going to the interview with your natural hair out instead of a wig. You want them to see the real you and your real hair. You dont want them to be suprised when you get the job and come to work with your beautiful natural hair.

Styles I would suggest are; 2 strand twists, twistout, or maybe a bun.

Good luck with the interview!
Napp_Napp_Cat
Napp_Napp_Cat

http://theabccollege.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalNixon 28th June 2010, 10:24 pm

If you are going for a polished look you can try a roller set. From your avi it looks like you have enough hair to achieve one.

Good luck on the interview. I am in school now to get my teaching degree. Hopefully by the time I am done mine will be long enough for a bun.
NaturalNixon
NaturalNixon

Back to top Go down

Post by TeachEmB 28th June 2010, 10:55 pm

Thanks @napp_napp_cat! I usually do a twistout I'm just worried that it will look to casual.

@naturalnixon A roller set? What kind of rollers? I tried perm rods with terrible results!! Good luck with the teaching degree you can do it!
TeachEmB
TeachEmB

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 29th June 2010, 2:21 am

you could always get a phony pony/bun
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by pdarden 1st July 2010, 1:04 am

i think it depends upon the type of job that you are applying for and the type of office setting. if it is in the artistic or creative field, i think you will be ok wearing your hair out. if it is in a very business corporate type setting, you might want to consider something a little more pulled together... for instance, i think pulling your hair back into a bun would be good. do some research on the company, etc... do a drive by during office arrival or departure times and take note of how people are dressed, etc...you can always pull your hair back in a bun, then once you get the job, loosen up....

like it or not, people still pass judgement on appearance and determine how you will fit in with the employment culture ....
pdarden
pdarden

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalNixon 1st July 2010, 1:43 pm

TeachEmB wrote:Thanks @napp_napp_cat! I usually do a twistout I'm just worried that it will look to casual.

@naturalnixon A roller set? What kind of rollers? I tried perm rods with terrible results!! Good luck with the teaching degree you can do it!

You can use the snap on magnetic rollers.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I used them and had great results(think I used the green size ones though). Make sure you use the rolling papers on the end of your hair. It helps ALOT!

Good luck!
NaturalNixon
NaturalNixon

Back to top Go down

Post by jerseygurlwitdacurls 24th July 2010, 4:13 am

I know I'm mad late, but congrats on graduating! I just graduated too and still looking for a job [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . Whatever you do, please do NOT let anyone talk you into straightening your hair so you'll "look professional." I learned that when you're at an interview, you have to feel confident about everything you're portraying to the people on the other side of the desk. Also, you're going to learn sooner or later how to style your hair for the workplace if you don't intend to straighten it daily. And if straightening wasn't part of your regimen before, why start now? My solution is any style that's pulled out of your face (like a puff). I think it makes a person look clean and polished [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.].

God Bless and Good Luck!
jerseygurlwitdacurls
jerseygurlwitdacurls

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveleeMama 4th August 2010, 2:00 am

The pic in my avatar is how I wore my hair on my final interview with a job that I received an offer for. I wore buns for the first 2 interviews but was so tired of them and my sides were suffering ( I wear buns most of the time at work at a hospital).
LoveleeMama
LoveleeMama

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down