CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has anyone noticed since going Natural

+16
Born2BeMe
MeMyHair&theCity
ChrsLvsBks
Janet36603
HAMPTONSFNST
deeply_rooted_chick
krazy coils
C.
marhia
LoveleeMama
WhosThatRedHead
myfroisaverage
raina
Ebbz
lena73
summerbreeze76
20 posters

Go down

Has anyone noticed since going Natural Empty Has anyone noticed since going Natural

Post by summerbreeze76 26th June 2010, 3:10 pm

that you no longer have dry itchy scalp. I dont know what to make of this. Ever since in can remember i have had issues with dandruff and dry scalp. Even sometimes leaving the salon my scalp would be white. I mainly just cowash since April when i finally cut the rest of the permed ends. When i think back i havent really had too many problems with my scalp since i stopped perming my hair. Just wondering if it could have been the perm or if it is a combination of everything. Whatever it is im liking it.
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Has anyone noticed since going Natural Empty Re: Has anyone noticed since going Natural

Post by lena73 26th June 2010, 3:15 pm

i used to have serious dandruff, but since going natural - no dandruff at all. i did go thru issues when i used the wrong gel, it would flake
lena73
lena73

http://public.fotki.com/Sharita73/

Back to top Go down

Has anyone noticed since going Natural Empty Re: Has anyone noticed since going Natural

Post by Ebbz 26th June 2010, 3:17 pm

I've notice that too. I used to have some serious dandruff, but since I started transitioning and stopped "greasing" my scalp....all gone!
Ebbz
Ebbz

https://www.facebook.com/ekragin or www.twitter.com/TRUELIFE_ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by raina 26th June 2010, 3:23 pm

Yes! Having a dry itchy scalp is one of the main reasons I decided to get rid of the perm.I just could not take it.My scalp would be so tight and itchy! Now that I am natural My scalp is very healthy !
raina
raina

Back to top Go down

Post by myfroisaverage 26th June 2010, 3:26 pm

jealous...I've been natural all my life and just recently started having this problem out of the blue. I need to do what you're doing!

myfroisaverage

http://myfroisaverage.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 26th June 2010, 4:17 pm

I think that being natural makes me have to take better care of my hair which I think is a great thing because my scalp used to be MAD itchy but since I've switched products it's gotten a lot better. I co wash every day and really try to make sure my scalp is moisturized. Since doing that I've noticed that my scalp has been rewarding me.
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveleeMama 26th June 2010, 8:07 pm

i can remember when I just to get my hair done, my stylist would scratch my scalp with the comb to break up the dandruff and then wash it. I felt like I was in a snowstorm. I didnt have a perm just flat iron. I think its me co-washing and spritzing my hair twice a day that helped out so much.
LoveleeMama
LoveleeMama

Back to top Go down

Post by marhia 26th June 2010, 10:29 pm

I've noticed that too. My scalp doesn't itch at all.
marhia
marhia

Back to top Go down

Post by C. 27th June 2010, 11:50 am

same here. i also noticed that i dont have to grease/oil my scalp anymore. it doesnt itch unless there's buildup and i need to wash, but other than that my scalp is fine

C.

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 27th June 2010, 4:06 pm

I used to have horrible dandruff when I was relaxed but since being natural I no longer have this issue.

Last edited by krazy coils on 1st July 2010, 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by deeply_rooted_chick 28th June 2010, 9:26 am

I noticed it too, and I was amazed. If only someone told me this years ago it would have saved me from embarrassment.
deeply_rooted_chick
deeply_rooted_chick

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 28th June 2010, 10:58 am

I also had issues with dandruff when I was relaxed. It was probably from the products my stylist used and also using a hooded hair dryer with those drying products. My scalp doesn't itch as much and I when I shampoo I use Giovanni's TTT shampoo to soothe my itchy scalp.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by Janet36603 28th June 2010, 12:33 pm

lol I'm having the opposite problem. I had some pretty bad dandruff and itching problems in the last few months of my transition but I thought it was from the kinky twist weave. I did the BC 5 days ago and now my scalp is itching like crazy. Maybe I need to cowash more or switch conditioners [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Janet36603
Janet36603

Location : Montgomery, AL (and Birmingham, AL on the weekends)

http://jlhorace.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 28th June 2010, 3:43 pm

I think it was product build up on your scalp causing the dandruff. I, too, have experienced no to very little problems with dandruff since properly caring for my hair.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MeMyHair&theCity 28th June 2010, 4:01 pm

@ ChrsLvsBks your avatar is CUTE! I love the protective style!!

@ Janet36603 Hey Girl!!
MeMyHair&theCity
MeMyHair&theCity

http://memyhairandthecity.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Born2BeMe 28th June 2010, 4:41 pm

I haven't experienced dandruff since I went natural as well. Just another one of the perks of doing things the natural way. I love it!
Born2BeMe
Born2BeMe

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 28th June 2010, 5:28 pm

MeMyHair&theCity wrote:@ ChrsLvsBks your avatar is CUTE! I love the protective style!!

@ Janet36603 Hey Girl!!
Thank you!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 28th June 2010, 6:32 pm

I must be the odd one out...the only problem I really have is frizz. No scalp problems, no dandruff, nothin'.
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cocoachanel 30th June 2010, 12:28 am

When I'm washing regularly I don't have any problems with itchy scalp of dandruff. But when I'm neglecting my routine, or maybe have in twists or something and don't want to wash my hair, then my scalp gets itchy.
cocoachanel
cocoachanel

http://perfectiongranted.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MsJ 1st July 2010, 3:56 pm

hello all... this is my first day in the CN forum and I just wanted to post something..I'm 22 and from VA, and I've been transitioning for the past 10months. It's really difficult and I've been tempted a lot to return to the CC, but the comments I've been getting about how pretty my hair is becoming again(ok, so I'm a mixed breed, so it didn't get that bad) has kept me away.. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] my biggest issue with going natural has to be the level of frizz; I've never had a prob with dandruff, more of an itchy scalp though.. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] anyway, I just wanted to say hello to all the ladies in the forum and hopefully I'll be able to post some pics soon. I'll be replying to topics and asking questions all the time, cause its reassuring that there are other women out here going natural as well, and I don't have to feel alone...thanks!! Smile

MsJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachtree 1st July 2010, 11:16 pm

I had a mild dandruff situation when I was relaxed...and back then, I took very good care of my hair. Now that I'm natural I don't have a dandruff problem however, I have 2 admit, there are many times when I neglect my natural hair lol. Let it do whatever...but yet no scalp issues. Go figure!
Peachtree
Peachtree

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down