CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does Henna loosen the curl a little

+9
BattleKat
Barb-Noel
R2D2
freckledmom4
EbonyQueen
jac.attack
LittleOne
Brown eyes Vandaleur
Brainiac
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Does Henna loosen the curl a little - Page 2 Empty Re: Does Henna loosen the curl a little

Post by R2D2 8th August 2010, 9:42 pm

Barb-Noel wrote:Does anyone know what you can do to prevent your curls from loosening because one side of my hair is 2a and the other is 3b. I wish i could make the 2a side become curlier permanently like my 3b side but I know that's impossible. So, is there anything that can prevent the curls from loosening?

I would probably suggest moving to a touch up on new growth rather than full application approach. I'm not sure how effective Amla is at preventing the curl from being lost though. I do know some people have stopped using henna as they haven't liked the curl loosening effect.
R2D2
R2D2

Back to top Go down

Does Henna loosen the curl a little - Page 2 Empty Re: Does Henna loosen the curl a little

Post by Barb-Noel 9th August 2010, 10:02 am

Really? I'll do some research thanks for the links.
Barb-Noel
Barb-Noel

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/BarbNoel

Back to top Go down

Post by EbonyQueen 9th August 2010, 12:27 pm

No problem. We are all in this hair war together [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
EbonyQueen
EbonyQueen

https://www.facebook.com/ImperialDiamond

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 9th August 2010, 4:19 pm

I use amla to keep the curls from loosening or to bring them back after a henna.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by Barb-Noel 10th August 2010, 7:38 pm

Lol yes we are and I guess amla really works because everybody is recommending it. Def. going to try it amd hope for the best :-) Thank you soo much ladies
Barb-Noel
Barb-Noel

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/BarbNoel

Back to top Go down

Post by BattleKat 10th August 2010, 11:57 pm

The first time I henna'd I didn't notice any loosing. But, I henna'd Sunday and I did notice looser curls in the back.
BattleKat
BattleKat

Back to top Go down

Post by gemofacurlgirl 24th August 2010, 3:15 pm

EbonyQueen wrote:Thanks again! I think I will henna and indigo in a few weeks. After that, I would henna every 3 weeks and indigo every 6 weeks.
I'm so excited!!![You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I guess i should have read ahead to see if anyone gave this suggesation but I did not Embarassed I think if you do not want black hair than you should mix some indigo with your henna after the henna has released it's color to get a dark brown with red toned effect from reading Alot about henna i think that might be a better bet. I have not used indigo yet though so hopefully someone who has used henna and indigo together can give you a better answer .
gemofacurlgirl
gemofacurlgirl

Back to top Go down

Post by EbonyQueen 24th August 2010, 9:16 pm

My mom says that my natural hair color was fine and that I shouldn't dye it. Unfortunately, my hair growth is not as progressive as hoped, so I'm going to henna after I bc in late December or early January.
EbonyQueen
EbonyQueen

https://www.facebook.com/ImperialDiamond

Back to top Go down

Post by jineal 24th August 2010, 11:04 pm

Hi Niki and everyone online,

Hi everyone, my name is Jasmine and was wondering if anyone could give me some insight before I try a henna/cassia mix. Of course I will test the hair on my brush before I do my whole head but some knowledge beforehand will help.

I was wondering (1) what mix of henna and cassia (i.e 1/2 henna 1/2 cassia) I should try,(2) how long I should leave the mixture on my hair, (3) what products I should use on my hair afterwards.

I am a new natural, I did the big chop in February and my hair is now about to my collar bone when wet/past my ears when dry.

My hair type:
I have super Thick, big, and curly. Some of my hair is more wavy and other parts are tightly curled. I have sandy brown hair (My mother and Father's Mother are part Irish and I have a natural tint of red to my hair). I have annoying dandruff and I hate when my hair feels greasy/oily. I like using oils but not the residue some leave behind.

Why I want to cassia/henna:
I would like to loosen some of my curl, have healthier, silkier, shinier hair and alleviate my dandruff. I also would not mind bringing out my natural red even more, but I do not want a big firery afro Smile.

I will greatly take any advice anyone has to give. Whether it is simply good products to use and nothing about henna or step-by-step directions. I have read the hennaforhair.com ebook. I feel the directions for cassia/henna mix is more geared toward Caucasian hair.

Thank you for reading.

Love and Blessings,

Jasmine

jineal

Back to top Go down

Post by KeAnia 24th August 2010, 11:51 pm

Hi Ladies

I have really enjoyed the conversation you all are having here.
@ LittleOne I Have a few questions. When it come to loosing the curl is a henna gloss as good as just henna? and what is you DC recipe?
KeAnia
KeAnia

Back to top Go down

Post by Brainiac 1st September 2010, 12:02 pm

@LittleOne is Jamila Henna a good henna w/ high dye release

Brainiac

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 1st September 2010, 4:08 pm

I never got looser curls from henna (I've done it like 5 or 6 times so far) but I was hoping I would. The crown of my head is like 4a and the rest is more of a 3c. I just want it to match!
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2