CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New BC TWA Worries

+6
CrissyQ
NhappyJackie
laleepop14
krazy coils
LaToya28
MaNesha
10 posters

Go down

New BC TWA Worries Empty New BC TWA Worries

Post by MaNesha 22nd June 2010, 12:05 am

Ok, so i just big chopped less than a week ago. However, I keep seeing these little strays of straight hair....starting to get a little annoying. Also...I have sections of my hair that are just....fuzzy...not exactly curly. I have purchased a special pair is scissors to nip them when I see them, but...it's like every morning, so I'm wondering if I should have it gone over one more time, just to get them all out at once.

The person who BC'd me was not African American, but she did a VERY good job making me feel comfortable, and talked to me while she was cutting. These such things don't really happen at most (not all) black hair salons in Chicago. My view: if I'm gonna let you cut me almost bald, you are not going to turn me around with my back facing the mirror HOPING that you aren't about to give me a baldhead fade.

Ok, that was besides the point. I guess my question is, did anyone else experience the frizzies and the random little strays? If so, what did you do?

THANKS!
-MaNesha

MaNesha

Back to top Go down

New BC TWA Worries Empty Re: New BC TWA Worries

Post by LaToya28 22nd June 2010, 10:54 am

Congrats on your BC!! To be honest with you I still have some of those little straight hairs that stick out. They are probably relaxed ends that weren't trimmed off. I also still have the frizzies. I can feel curls closer to my scalp, but the ends are very frizzy making my wash n go's look a mess. I think another small trim may help, but I'm not sure. Hopefully someone other ladies will offer some advice.

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 22nd June 2010, 11:03 am

Congratulations on your BC! I also still have a few straight hairs which stick out. I trim them as my hair grows out. After my bc my hair was really fuzzy in certain areas. Make sure you are using a moisturizing conditioner and deep conditioner to help with the frizz.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by laleepop14 22nd June 2010, 11:05 am

Im in the same boat and will be watching this post. I BC'd almost a month ago and am still dealing with this issue!!!
laleepop14
laleepop14

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 22nd June 2010, 11:43 am

How long did you transition?
How much did they cut off?
How often are you washing/co-washing?

I understand exactly what you are talking about. My BC was done after 12 weeks of transitioning. I co-washed daily to fight off dryness. When I started co-washing every couple of days I started to notice the straight hair. I would cut, cut, cut daily. Since then, I have trimmed once. And guess what??? I still get straight hairs!!!! When ever I go longer than 4 days without co-washing (as usual) some of my hair gets bone straight, and I've been perm free for about 7 months now.

So, maybe some of your hair just grows straight, or strecthes out straight over time.
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 22nd June 2010, 12:10 pm

MaNesha wrote:Ok, so i just big chopped less than a week ago. However, I keep seeing these little strays of straight hair....starting to get a little annoying. Also...I have sections of my hair that are just....fuzzy...not exactly curly. I have purchased a special pair is scissors to nip them when I see them, but...it's like every morning, so I'm wondering if I should have it gone over one more time, just to get them all out at once.

The person who BC'd me was not African American, but she did a VERY good job making me feel comfortable, and talked to me while she was cutting. These such things don't really happen at most (not all) black hair salons in Chicago. My view: if I'm gonna let you cut me almost bald, you are not going to turn me around with my back facing the mirror HOPING that you aren't about to give me a baldhead fade.

Ok, that was besides the point. I guess my question is, did anyone else experience the frizzies and the random little strays? If so, what did you do?

THANKS!
-MaNesha

see you are not alone. What are you co-washing with?
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by kurlegurl 22nd June 2010, 12:32 pm

I have this problem as well, my sister in law mentioned it to me this weekend, that i had some stray hairs, and fuzz....its just the ends bc the roots are very neat tight curls.... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
kurlegurl
kurlegurl

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 22nd June 2010, 2:56 pm

Kurle, your hair is beautiful!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by kurlegurl 22nd June 2010, 2:59 pm

Thank you Sweetdrk1!
kurlegurl
kurlegurl

Back to top Go down

Post by kurlegurl 22nd June 2010, 4:59 pm

@ LaToya28: LOVE YOUR NEW PIC! THE STYLE IS CUTE!!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
kurlegurl
kurlegurl

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 22nd June 2010, 5:12 pm

Thanks kurlegurl!!

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by MaNesha 22nd June 2010, 7:32 pm

Thanks for responding ladies! I really thought it was just me! I'm going to get another LITTLE trim tomorrow and then I'll post some pics. Let me answer some questions:

@NhappyJackie - I transitioned for three months...maybe a little more; I'm not sure how much I got cut off...just whatever was permed and straight; I've only cowashed once...still trying to get that process down. Exactly how often should I co-wash? I took a closer look, and you are right, some of the hairs are growing from the root, not sticking out from a curly end. So I stopped snipping because, it's obviously hair that has grown not permed.

@CrissyQ - YEP! Smile...It's good to see I'm not the only one standing in the mirror like "ok....where are these hairs coming from?"

Again, thanks so much for sharing ladies!
-MaNesha

MaNesha

Back to top Go down

Post by MeMyHair&theCity 24th June 2010, 12:27 pm

As the other ladies, I too still have a few straight hairs that stick out. I BC'ed a little over four months ago.

I agree with the above recommendations. Make sure you are keeping your hair WELL mositurized, it will help with the "fuzzy" ends.

Intead of everyday, or even every week, I would trim the straight hairs as my hair grows, maybe every 3 to 4 months. The more length you have the better you will be able to identify those straight ends. You don't wont to accidently cut growth.

Good look!
MeMyHair&theCity
MeMyHair&theCity

http://memyhairandthecity.com

Back to top Go down

Post by wyldhoney 24th June 2010, 1:05 pm

Be careful ladies, sometimes the straight hairs are your natural hairs growing out of your head!

I have 4a hair (I think), but there are some finer strands interspersed that have an EXTREMELY loose curl. They're not damaged, they're not scab, it's just how my hair grows (I guess a legacy from my Scottish great-grandmother?)

Don't panic about your hair, just let it do its thing.
wyldhoney
wyldhoney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down