CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

renren

3 posters

Go down

renren Empty renren

Post by renren 21st June 2010, 2:59 pm

Hey,

I decided to share my story and experiences here because I texturized my hair in May 2009 after being natural for 2 years.

When I was natural, texturizing was often a thought that lingered at the back of my mind. I also believe that its something that many naturals consider at some point or another in their journey.

After I texturised in May 2009 I felt the desire to go back to my natural hair... but in May 2010 after much contemplation.... I texturised again.

I think that I had some unrealistic expectations of texturisers and I was somewhat disappointed when I found that I still faced many of the problems that I did as a natural. I purposely underprocessed my hair and so, my texturised hair looks and acts very very similarly to my natural hair.

I am starting this journal because I want to be totally open about the challenges/benefits that come along with texturised hair and clear up any of the ambiguities about it.

I know that this is a natural board, and I am in no way trying to convince any one to texturise their hair. I just think that this journal would shed some light on texturisers and on my personal experience and hair care journey.

So I invite the opinions, support and ideas from you ladies as I continue on my hair care journey, where ever it may take me (maybe back to natural?lol).
renren
renren

Back to top Go down

renren Empty Re: renren

Post by mstokes2008 21st June 2010, 3:47 pm

Welcome!! I can't wait to hear you story from the texturised side
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

renren Empty Confusion

Post by renren 21st June 2010, 4:10 pm

Its a rainy Monday evening here in Trinidad and my mood is just as gloomy as the weather. Im thinking about my hair and whether or not to go natural again. I guess it always seems like the grass is greener on the other side huh?

This morning I didnt like how my hair was looking and feeling so I just put it in a low plait and tucked it under.

My mind is always going to and fro about being natural or texturized. I dunno...... I guess ill just have to wait and see.....

Im also thinking about my friend's birthday thats on 1st July and how I should wear my hair. I was hoping that with texturised hair I would be able to do a good wash n go that doesnt poof out and get HUGE cuz my natural hair has alota bulk. But...I still am not able to do a good wash n go because it gets big and poofy.... sigh.... maybe wash n gos are not for me.

I was also thinking that I could do a rollerset.... but I didnt want to do through the effort to be disappointed..... not on an important day like this.

So maybe ill do some flat twist at the front and twist the back? would that look childish?

sigh....... im confused and sleepy.
renren
renren

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 21st June 2010, 11:12 pm

welcome
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by renren 22nd June 2010, 3:10 pm

Thanks
renren
renren

Back to top Go down

Post by renren 22nd June 2010, 3:26 pm

Good afternoon lovely ladies,

Just a little update.... my hair is in a low plait and tucked under again today. I am going to style my hair tonight. I have decided to go with the flat twist in front and twist to the back.

Im a little nervous to see whether or not my hair would hold twist cuz since my texturiser in May I havent done this type of style.

Although it was a touch up, there is always the fear of the run-off re-processing the already texturiser hair... so we will see how that goes.

Will try to take pics and post them tonight depending on the time I finish.

Grace and Peace to you all
renren
renren

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum